MHP question...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-13-2013, 04:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by cls55
shellURT
Idon't know Andy,please ask him to tune the TCU of the sls to match the sls gt TCU.please post back.
thx
If Andy is such an accomplished tuner who can access and tune the TCU on other AMG's, then why can't he tune the SLS TCU ? Something tells me he just wants to get AMG to update his cars TCU so he can copy the file, put the MHP name on it and resell it just like he does everything else.
Old 04-13-2013, 06:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
2010 C63 AMG, 2009 ISF , 2002 L-Tuned IS300, 2011 ML350
Very well said buddy!! All Andy needs to do is ask his "friend" to post proof of delivery of parts or refund to jcart.. And all of us will shut up for this case. Lol

Originally Posted by rory breaker
You asking people to go post on PL is impossible...you know this discussion wouldn't be allowed there. Come on, you are clearly intelligent enough to know that, so why suggest it? Fishy...

Request to mods - if people get out of hand please delete their posts vs the whole thread. As a member of this community it's important people can see discussions like this play out in a civil manner to draw their own conclusions on who to do business with. Thx for allowing thus far. We all know the shady side of this industry is overwhelming, the only way consumers can protect themselves is to communicate.

This is very easy for MHP. People claim you scam. Many. You say you are scam free, then kindly create a list of all the folks claiming scam, and share how each situation "really went down" and how things were rectified either through refund or otherwise. Then see what they say. PROOF. Meaning, if Jim says you owe him 2 grand because he never received a part (or whatever it is) then post the payment date, the shipment date of your product to him, and that's that. Articulate the story, show the proof. Very simple to prove, you own a business, clearly one strong enough to afford you a stable of supercars, you have records, lawyers, etc...ie the means to clear your name, then do it.

Prove it, and everyone who doubted you will be embarrassed. Easy peasy. If not, well then don't blame people for claiming you are a thief.
Old 04-13-2013, 06:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 C63 AMG
Wow!! I go away to watch a few of the bands play and we get another page.

So let me address the accusations against me directly. YES, I am David Wilks who was blasted all over the internet 14+ years ago when our little 1600 sq ft shop went head to head against that OTHER Viper Tuner and all hell broke loose in H-Town. Funny how the FCC, FAA, DNI and many other Government organizations did an ACTUAL check on the truth... there was a completely different story than the witch hunt the internet had fun with. And yes... knowing how it made difficulties in my life that I LEARNED FROM... I think it makes MY POINT even MORE VALID when I see patterns like Andy's to ripping people off.

So... take your Google checks from witch hunt forums fuel by my competitor and his cronies and I raise you my Pay Stubs and Secret Security Clearances to build some of the most technologically advanced military aircraft for General Dynamics, Bombradier, Dassault-Falcon, Gulfstream, Vought and my TSA Clearance as icing on the cake.

So stay on target, not bashing, name calling and insults. Be real... Be Honest.

Here you geaux... My Cell Phone: 225-337-5398 Call Me. Learn the truth. It will set you free!

Let's add that Chrysler and SRT gave me a Charger SRT8 to promote the "America Adventure" last year which I put down 19,430 miles in 49 Days in a search for the ultimate roads in America. Do you NOT THINK they checked GOOGLE FIRST? And yet... still gave me a $50k+ car with a sweet budget to drive across America multiple times?

So... now that we have settled the BS (not... Black Series)...

Lets get to why Shell you feel its necessary to demean others when we are simply searching for the truth why you friend is still saying we are trying to steal his work? All we want are the parts owed, nothing more. An explanation would be nice... I could even accept if he said he was addicted to Titty Dancers and his girl had an addiction he couldn't help but fuel. At least it would be an honest excuse... but lies to cover it up are simply unprofessional and when paying $7,000.00 for cams that did not cost anywhere remotely to that price... is fraud. Paying $5k+ for headers when they come not ceramic coated but everyone else who paid for them at the same price GOT THE COATINGS... is just wrong.

So Shell, you are calling out Names and scenarios which as a Customer you are completely privy to the details? Is Andy just asking to put his words into yours or are you getting the texts telling you what to write? Do you NOT find any issue with making the payment for a part a year ago... and waiting, waiting, waiting only to be told that Andy is shipping everything to Corpus so he can get his paid vacation there and needs more than one car to justify his time? BUT... only shipping the cams, not the needed parts to install them and then still after acknowledging a serious deadline, still sends the parts to a third party, not the person who paid for them? Where is the confusion in this? Why are we the bad people for simply wanting the parts with no future issues? I started this thread without naming ANY names, vendors other than an inquiry of MHP. I have no vendetta against the other shops Mark had issue with... I have stayed on target to find a resolution.

In Addition, you are not reading the posts and this is something which indicates to me you are getting your orders from Andy directly as to what to post. Case in point is that you said we are going to a Race on Monday... NO. Anyone who has followed our efforts knows we are not going racing on Monday. We are simply upon a timeline with zero flexibility and in light of such with full disclosure of updates, the parts were shipped to a 3rd party. Which now... we have asked for tracking numbers and Andy is refusing to give any tracking numbers. So clearly, we have a situation where Andy is unaware of a customer needing help, one whom could have helped his negative status with a great victory or run for one in OLOA and a golden opportunity for him to step up and deliver so we could stay on target.

What I predict is that we will simply rely upon the dealership to have these parts available in stock, pay for them again and be happy with the install. Then go for the tuning and test at NOLA.

Any Questions? You have my number as does anyone else.
Old 04-13-2013, 06:53 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Roswell
Very well said buddy!! All Andy needs to do is ask his "friend" to post proof of delivery of parts or refund to jcart.. And all of us will shut up for this case. Lol
Don't forget about my ECU he destroyed with the screwdriver and blamed on FedEx.. Hey Andy, you can make the check out to Jeremy at OE tuning since he repaired your mess... I won't forget Andy..... I'm like a bad dream that won't go away...
Old 04-13-2013, 06:53 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
people should know it's a small world(community),you can't hide anything.
Old 04-13-2013, 06:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
Originally Posted by AutoTech Racing
Wow!! I go away to watch a few of the bands play and we get another page.

So let me address the accusations against me directly. YES, I am David Wilks who was blasted all over the internet 14+ years ago when our little 1600 sq ft shop went head to head against that OTHER Viper Tuner and all hell broke loose in H-Town. Funny how the FCC, FAA, DNI and many other Government organizations did an ACTUAL check on the truth... there was a completely different story than the witch hunt the internet had fun with. And yes... knowing how it made difficulties in my life that I LEARNED FROM... I think it makes MY POINT even MORE VALID when I see patterns like Andy's to ripping people off.

So... take your Google checks from witch hunt forums fuel by my competitor and his cronies and I raise you my Pay Stubs and Secret Security Clearances to build some of the most technologically advanced military aircraft for General Dynamics, Bombradier, Dassault-Falcon, Gulfstream, Vought and my TSA Clearance as icing on the cake.

So stay on target, not bashing, name calling and insults. Be real... Be Honest.

Here you geaux... My Cell Phone: 225-337-5398 Call Me. Learn the truth. It will set you free!

Let's add that Chrysler and SRT gave me a Charger SRT8 to promote the "America Adventure" last year which I put down 19,430 miles in 49 Days in a search for the ultimate roads in America. Do you NOT THINK they checked GOOGLE FIRST? And yet... still gave me a $50k+ car with a sweet budget to drive across America multiple times?

So... now that we have settled the BS (not... Black Series)...

Lets get to why Shell you feel its necessary to demean others when we are simply searching for the truth why you friend is still saying we are trying to steal his work? All we want are the parts owed, nothing more. An explanation would be nice... I could even accept if he said he was addicted to Titty Dancers and his girl had an addiction he couldn't help but fuel. At least it would be an honest excuse... but lies to cover it up are simply unprofessional and when paying $7,000.00 for cams that did not cost anywhere remotely to that price... is fraud. Paying $5k+ for headers when they come not ceramic coated but everyone else who paid for them at the same price GOT THE COATINGS... is just wrong.

So Shell, you are calling out Names and scenarios which as a Customer you are completely privy to the details? Is Andy just asking to put his words into yours or are you getting the texts telling you what to write? Do you NOT find any issue with making the payment for a part a year ago... and waiting, waiting, waiting only to be told that Andy is shipping everything to Corpus so he can get his paid vacation there and needs more than one car to justify his time? BUT... only shipping the cams, not the needed parts to install them and then still after acknowledging a serious deadline, still sends the parts to a third party, not the person who paid for them? Where is the confusion in this? Why are we the bad people for simply wanting the parts with no future issues? I started this thread without naming ANY names, vendors other than an inquiry of MHP. I have no vendetta against the other shops Mark had issue with... I have stayed on target to find a resolution.

In Addition, you are not reading the posts and this is something which indicates to me you are getting your orders from Andy directly as to what to post. Case in point is that you said we are going to a Race on Monday... NO. Anyone who has followed our efforts knows we are not going racing on Monday. We are simply upon a timeline with zero flexibility and in light of such with full disclosure of updates, the parts were shipped to a 3rd party. Which now... we have asked for tracking numbers and Andy is refusing to give any tracking numbers. So clearly, we have a situation where Andy is unaware of a customer needing help, one whom could have helped his negative status with a great victory or run for one in OLOA and a golden opportunity for him to step up and deliver so we could stay on target.

What I predict is that we will simply rely upon the dealership to have these parts available in stock, pay for them again and be happy with the install. Then go for the tuning and test at NOLA.

Any Questions? You have my number as does anyone else.
Nicely stated David. Good luck at the one lap of America my friend

I have had many friends do it in the past, and if I can help in any way, PM me.

Sad part is they no longer come to Beaverun

PS: I am an ocansional instructor, at least when the wifes lets me
Old 04-13-2013, 07:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
I guarantee he will not be able to provide proof of a refund to me. He always says he has proof but he never posts it, hmmmm . I have all much bank statements in a file and there are no checks or wire transfers from MHP or Andrew Cluck.
Old 04-13-2013, 07:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

^^ I didn't think he had a legit proof for most members who claimed they got rob by him. Or else, he would have came clean long ago.

Like Sincity said, karma will get him back.. He can lie to others, but he can't lie to himself. This will eat him slowly in the long run. Let this thread be a warning for future buyers looking to deal with his company. And for thoses who had bad experience with him, if legal action is out of the equation, then consider ur money lost as charity money & it will make u feel better.

A person who steals charity money is doomed to be miserable in their lives. Just foods for thought.
Old 04-13-2013, 08:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
I met Andy at MIR. Nice guy, great tune and arguably the best headers made for the C63. I never did any business with him as I run OE.

Did he fab the headers with his own hands, no. He he make his own tune? Nope. Who cares. He is an owner of a business that provides a product and a service. I've talked to the guy many times and what he has in his head about the C63 is greater than most who are posting in this thread. If not all.

For every person on here posting a bad experience I am sure there are 10 with a positive one. Sorry to anyone who had a bad experience with MHP. It happens. Thats business. Hope it all gets worked out.
Old 04-13-2013, 08:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I gotta disagree with u propain, no body cares about how good his products are or who makes them. The point here is ppl are getting robbed from their hard earned money.. That's not call business. Even if it's one customer, it's 1 too many.

I'm in the retail biz for 27 years as I grew up in my family biz & now become owner of my parents biz, and I never fail to fulfill my orders & take care of my customers when my product does not meet their expectations. Never will I steal their money.
Old 04-13-2013, 09:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts
C63 AMG
I gotta disagree with u propain, no body cares about how good his products are or who makes them. The point here is ppl are getting robbed from their hard earned money.. That's not call business. Even if it's one customer, it's 1 too many.

I'm in the retail biz for 27 years as I grew up in my family biz & now become owner of my parents biz, and I never fail to fulfill my orders & take care of my customers when my product does not meet their expectations. Never will I steal their money.

Roswell, you know what I just can't understand about all of this is?? Why does he apparently rip some people off and not others? Obviously there is tons of guys on here with MHP tunes and headers, none had problems with him that I can see. I just dont get it, why some are having all these huge issues? Why didn't he rip off me, dodger, mthis, petro, dads, amgftw, tons of guys are running his headers....

Not defending him, just would like to know why some are happy campers and some aren't.
Old 04-13-2013, 09:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig

I don't know the details so I can't make a judgement call. Everyone has an agenda bro. Careful to know the difference. I will say this, the reason MHP is the household name that we know is people DO care about the product and the end result. He isn't known because he is infamous. Hes known because for a long time he has all the records for a NA C63. Like it or not the guy knows his stuff. If you beg to differ thats your opinion but I wouldn't do it with Andy face to face in battle of who knows more about the platform.

The point I was making is in your 27 years I guarantee you have many unhappy customers. Its business. You can't make everyone happy.

People being robbed of their hard earned money is a different story. I don't know the facts so I won't judge unless I hear all sides. Without Andy here to defend himself this is all quite pointless to be be honest. Its a one sided lynch mob. Its also nothing new. You see about 1 to 2 of these every year.
Old 04-13-2013, 10:47 PM

2010 C63 AMG
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by MRAMG1
Nicely stated David. Good luck at the one lap of America my friend

I have had many friends do it in the past, and if I can help in any way, PM me.

Sad part is they no longer come to Beaverun

PS: I am an ocansional instructor, at least when the wifes lets me
WE ARE COMING TO BEAVRUN!!! I DEFINITELY NEED HELP THERE!! LETS TALK!
Old 04-13-2013, 11:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by PaulWdz
Funny since all Andy's tuning is done by Weistec. All that talk about NDA's and it was Weistec all along he was just buying the tunes from and reselling LOL.
Who are you and what do you know?
Old 04-13-2013, 11:13 PM

2010 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Merc63
Roswell, you know what I just can't understand about all of this is?? Why does he apparently rip some people off and not others? Obviously there is tons of guys on here with MHP tunes and headers, none had problems with him that I can see. I just dont get it, why some are having all these huge issues? Why didn't he rip off me, dodger, mthis, petro, dads, amgftw, tons of guys are running his headers....

Not defending him, just would like to know why some are happy campers and some aren't.
While I cannot answer this question for all who have lost money but I can answer on behalf of my own experiences with my friend. Mark is the posterchild Boy Scout. He is the Gentleman that parents wanted to see their daughters with. He graduated College with a degree in Chemical Engineering, created a great homelife and is a very trusting soul. He was in a terribly bad place with his C63 being stuck at a shop in California for 16 months, supposedly getting Heads, Cams, Nitrous, Racing Seats and a Roll Cage... all with the dream of going to run the Texas Mile. So... after flying to California three times to check on his car and when it was finally done without the heads, no roll cage and a nitrous system with leaks... he brought the car home to his dyno for a repeatable result which netted a whopping 2-horsepower gain.

So at that time is when he reached out to Andy.... he was told his 4-2-1 coated headers were not as good as the 4-1 merge collector 1-7/8" headers and full exhaust from MHP. So he bought that and sent in the ecu. The ecu he was told was bad, so he had to buy another! Then he was told to get 50-more hp, he could buy Cams. This was a year ago... many ecu changes later to try to get the speed limiter removed and more issues there, the car still was not right.

Fast Forward to three weeks ago. Mark searches me out and finds me now living close to his home and gives me the whole download, names & data on what happened and I agree to help get his car right with the assistance of a friend who owns a Mercedes Dealer where I bought my E63. As we did deeper into the problems... a repeating issue comes to the surface. I encourage him to demand his parts without any further delay and we enter the car in the OLOA to give a formidable deadline to have all work completed and tested. I know how my friend is and I simply said "ENOUGH! End the Madness!"

So why do bad things happen to good people...? Maybe because there are those in society today who look upon a customer as their next meal rather than an opportunity to deliver on a growing reputation of helping others.
Old 04-13-2013, 11:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Sounds like he should lite the car on fire and find a new hobby lol jk.
Old 04-13-2013, 11:29 PM

CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by jrcart
Who are you and what do you know?
I'm an enthusiast just like you. And as far as what I know...lets just say most NDA's are not worth the paper they're written on and I have a few friends in the Middle East who have told me some horror stories.
Old 04-13-2013, 11:39 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
C63 AMG

So at that time is when he reached out to Andy.... The ecu he was told was bad, so he had to buy another!
By chance did Andy tell him the ECU was bad?

That's sounding familiar.......... Did FedEx screw up that one too...
Old 04-13-2013, 11:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

This question can only be answered by MHP themselves, and I'm happy u & other members had great success dealing with him. From reading the MHP saga, I wouldn't be surprised that ur project might have been financed by another member who never received their paid parts or service.. But this is only assumption & Andy is the only person who knows the truth about this.
Old 04-13-2013, 11:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
The only person that has financed my project has been myself. I have the over draft and visa bills to prove it lol.

Hopefully everything works out for the customer.
Old 04-13-2013, 11:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by propain

The point I was making is in your 27 years I guarantee you have many unhappy customers. Its business. You can't make everyone happy.

People being robbed of their hard earned money is a different story. I don't know the facts so I won't judge unless I hear all sides. Without Andy here to defend himself this is all quite pointless to be be honest. Its a one sided lynch mob. Its also nothing new. You see about 1 to 2 of these every year.
I'm very aware that in our 27 years in business, we got lots of unhappy customers for various reason.. But I'm proud to say that none of them left us becuz we didn't delivered the product or service or owed them money.

But u are right, we don't know if all the claims against MHP of money robbery are true or not. Only Andy & the person involved knows the real facts. I'm only commenting cuz we see more & more of these story on the net, and I find it unreal as how a company can have such a poor customer service.
Old 04-13-2013, 11:55 PM

2010 C63 AMG
Sounds like he should lite the car on fire and find a new hobby lol jk.
ROFLMAO!! I tried! I started building an airplane after our Mustang was stolen and wanted Mark to join in the fun, but then I moved away to Savannah to work for the Military. We grew apart after that, losing touch til just a few weeks ago.

Last edited by AutoTech Racing; 04-13-2013 at 11:59 PM.
Old 04-14-2013, 12:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The only person that has financed my project has been myself. I have the over draft and visa bills to prove it lol.

Hopefully everything works out for the customer.
Sorry Merc, English is not my first language so it's hard for me to explain my thoughts sometime. Lol I'm not personally attacking u, I was just trying to say that if u got ur headers (for example) in a quick amount of time ad opposed to some waiting a year (like OP).. Is it luck on ur side? Or was the headers built for someone else & for any reason ended up sold to u.

Anyhow, having a wife as a Gvt Auditor, there is something that doesnt add up & balance correctly in his company for sure.
Old 04-14-2013, 02:13 AM

W124 E280 95
Pass the Popcorn!!

I was given some stories about MHP customers in Kuwait and other areas who were stuck with their cars having massive issues. It seems my business partner is no stranger to this having waited a year for parts.

Now when the time has come to deliver or else, its getting deep. Anyone have boots we can borrow too?

***MODS*** You can lock or delete this thread, I think it has served its purpose. I wanted to find out if we were alone in this issue but it is very apparent we are not.
Your right about the Kuwait customers having issues with MHP
Old 04-14-2013, 01:18 PM
Banned

E63 Biturbo
I'll be off until tonight possibly tomorrow. unlike many of the people posting I have a life outside the internet. If anyone posts on AMgp please PM me so I can tell Andy.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MHP question...