C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

C63 power is VERY linear!! New to me,

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-13-2013, 12:49 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
ford svt's, and C63!!!
C63 power is VERY linear!! New to me,

Just took delivery of our white C63 sedan, and liking it very much so far! Some of the things I'm noting as being "very different" is the way you can feel the clutch, in place of a torque converter, very different feeling, but can't say if it would be better/worse than a converter especially considering "clutches" are a definite "wear" item, and a "converter" will usually last forever, if you keep it and the trans cool? But one thing for sure, the system works very well, and I'm sure efficiency is high!

Also, the N/A power is very linear compared to any vehicle I've ever driven/ridden in short of a centrifugal supercharged vehicle, "very cool". My car with the traction control "off" will usually not spin off the line at wot, but usually starts spinning when the speedo reaches approx. 20 mph. Very different compared to my positive displacement, supercharged, SVT Lightning and Cobra, which makes the power come on the instant the pedal is mashed at "any" rpm which is also cool, but makes traction very hard to come by, especially from a stand-still.

Do you drag racing guys with C63's use the "race start" function at the starting line? And also, is anybody getting decent 60' times without the aid of some sort of LSD? I plan on getting some drag radials, but I'm hoping I wouldn't be throwing my money away by doing that without a LSD first?

Thanks for any help, and opinions you guys may give.
Old 04-13-2013, 01:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 C63 coupe
Welcome to the world of large displacement naturally aspirated wonderfulness!
Old 04-14-2013, 10:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
FF. W212 E63 M156 non-pano 18" P2 ParkT NightV (gone but will be missed).
Originally Posted by gthal
Welcome to the world of large displacement naturally aspirated wonderfulness!
+1
Unfortunately, the M156 is possibly the last great N/A engines from AMG. Enjoy it while you can.
Old 04-14-2013, 12:03 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
ford svt's, and C63!!!
Oh, I will!!