C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Potential new c63 P30 owner cant decide please help

Old 04-18-2013, 05:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1.8T
Smile Potential new c63 P30 owner cant decide please help

hi guys i am thinking in buy a c63. now i found a couple that i like.
first
09 5 month of warranty left has 25000 miles has AMG seats PP and the multimedia package
the other
09 warranty expired has 30000 miles has P30 AMG seats PP and multimedia package + 1000 bucks more expansive

i cant make up my mind if i should spend extra money for get the P30 package.
i tried to locate a c63 with p30 so i can test drive it but didn't find any.
i rad here that some people saying the the suspension is a little stiff.
i dont mind it being a little stiff as long as its not bad and hurting your back and neck.
i am planing on driving this car every day, so i still looking for some comfort.
so my my question is it worth it to go with the p30
please help
Old 04-18-2013, 07:10 AM

2009 C63 AMG
hey,

I have a 09 with a p30. Here's my thoughts so far...

The suspension IS on the stiff side. If you have crappy roads, you might find it annoying. I honestly don't mind the stiffness, but roads around here are not that bad. I did recently drive to New Orleans. When I got to Mississippi, I immediately started cussing. Their highway was so crappy. It becomes very bouncy but not in a way a Crown Vic is bouncy but more like riding a wooden chair over a washboard.

P30 also has an LSD. I have not driven a C63 without one so I can't really compare. However, reading other posts, it seems LSD is almost a must.

You will most definately want a warranty. When I got mine, it still had 1 year of factory warranty left. With the potential headbolt issue and anything MB costing a lot, I got an after market warranty. For me an additional 3 yrs/100k miles was about $3k. This was bumper to bumper with the exception of the audio/electronics. I figured if the COMAND craps out, I can just get an after market double din something.

Another thing about the P30 is the 2 piece rotors. These are still very pricey ($800 a piece?) and no one sells just the disc without the hat which defeats the whole purpose of having a 2 piece rotor. Some members have told me that you can get a nonP30 rotor and use that ($150 each?) instead.

I don't know if AMG seats are exclusive to P30. I am 6ft and 185. The way I have it set,getting in does get tight at times. I just had the seat back and steering wheel up on the memory seat 2 and use that before getting in and out.

I have driven about 15k miles in the last year I've had this car. Once again, I have not been in a nonP30 vehicle so I can't really compare the feeling. All I know is that I love this car and the sound it makes. No amount of me complaining about price or stiff ride will make me get rid of this one-day-I'm-sure-it-will-be-a-classic car.

Posted from Mbworld.org App for Android
Old 04-18-2013, 08:14 AM

09 C63
Originally Posted by rigiuy5000
hi guys i am thinking in buy a c63. now i found a couple that i like.
first
09 5 month of warranty left has 25000 miles has AMG seats PP and the multimedia package
the other
09 warranty expired has 30000 miles has P30 AMG seats PP and multimedia package + 1000 bucks more expansive

i cant make up my mind if i should spend extra money for get the P30 package.
i tried to locate a c63 with p30 so i can test drive it but didn't find any.
i rad here that some people saying the the suspension is a little stiff.
i dont mind it being a little stiff as long as its not bad and hurting your back and neck.
i am planing on driving this car every day, so i still looking for some comfort.
so my my question is it worth it to go with the p30
please help
i have an 09 with the P30 and before i bought it i drove P30 and non-P30 back to back several times, i chose the P30. its a personal choice and i prefer the harder suspension. i only drive about 5K miles in the AMG, but i do drive in NJ on occasion where the roads are not the best and i find it ok.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Obsidian Black 2009 C63 w/ P30 Package
I have the same exact car as the 1st one you listed. The suspension is def stiff for the P30 package. It really depends on what you drove before. If you drove a suv/ crossover, you will definately feel the difference and may not like the change.

My previous car had a lot of suspension work done on it and switching over to this was actually more comfortable.
Old 04-18-2013, 02:12 PM

1.8T
Thanks for the input. I am going to go with the p30
Quick question is 39500 for the p30 is reasonable or not ?
Also can I get an extended warranty if the original one expired and if so where ?
I heard that if you get an extended warranty and let's say you change your own oil and something goes wrong with the engine in the long run the insurance won't cover it only if you did it in an benz certified mechanic.