C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

IPE exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-20-2013, 10:06 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2010 C63 P31 AMG
IPE exhaust

Ok guys...need a little of input. Finally had my full IPE kit installed about a week ago. The system has great craftmanship and sound is essentially insane at wot with the valve on. In closed position and start up, the sound is great but it does drone between 1800-2200rpm under load not coasting. I need advice on the following?

1). I am getting exhaust fumes in the cabin at start up...dissipates in 2-3 minutes of driving....is due to primary cat delete or do I have an exhaust leak?
2). Will a set of hi flow cats help with the smell if I pace them close to the collectors?
3). I've read somewhere that this full exhaust does not require a tune? Is this true? I was assuming any removal of primary cat would require a tune.
4). If I wanted to tone down the sound but not take too much away from power increase, any suggestions?

Much appreciated and thank you
Old 04-20-2013, 01:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 846 Likes on 594 Posts
E63S | X5
Not sure for 1 & 2 but for 3 & 4... If you're catless now and have no codes and no tune I'm scratching my head a little bit. However, getting it tuned will net you bigger gains anyway so I'd do that. To turn down the sound, close the valves, that's about it.
Old 04-20-2013, 02:14 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2010 C63 P31 AMG
Originally Posted by PurpleHeartAMG
Not sure for 1 & 2 but for 3 & 4... If you're catless now and have no codes and no tune I'm scratching my head a little bit. However, getting it tuned will net you bigger gains anyway so I'd do that. To turn down the sound, close the valves, that's about it.
Ok need to clarify - I am running an OE stage 2 tune to go with the set up but wasnt sure if I needed it because I read somewhere on another thread that the IPE didnt require it. I am assuming that quote was wrong but just wanted to verify. I was worried I was running a tune that wasnt required for my set up...worried about running lean.

Even with the exhaust closed, the drone is quite load at highway cruising speeds between 65-75mpg (1,700-2000 rpm).

Valve open, the car is real loud...a little nuts for my taste but my fault for relying on youtube for sound bites.