Sponsored by:

Best setup to avoid speeding tickets?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 06:36 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2016 AMG GTS, 2015 GLA45 AMG
Laser inteceptor jammers!

Laser Inteceptor makes the best laser jammers. Dont waste your time with anything else. I have them on my CL63. They completely jam all police laser guns in just about every situation!!! Take a look on this jammer test featuring the laser inteceptor versus the blinder 905 jammers.

http://www.radardetectorforum.org/wi...the_TruSpeed_S

http://www.laser-interceptorusa.com/
Old 04-26-2013, 08:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
Originally Posted by Pertplus
Good thing I'm an attorney. And by your rational, paying for aftermarket wheels is just "silly" since it isn't necessary.
Should I be impressed? Lol.

Your comparison makes no sense as wheels are a cosmetic or performance choice and a radar detector is purely a device to drive like a douche on public roads. For 1700 you must really want to fit the above. Lol.

The best reply to this thread is don't speed. Keep it on the track.

Last edited by propain; 04-26-2013 at 08:12 PM.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 75 Likes on 50 Posts
Hyperion's Candy-Coated 4 x 4
Originally Posted by propain

Your comparison makes no sense as wheels are a cosmetic or performance choice and a radar detector is purely a device to drive like a douche on public roads. For 1700 you must really want to fit the above. Lol.

No assbag, just means I don't have to hire an attorney. And second, what if you're going 80 on the freeway and get pulled over for speeding? Could a radar/laser detector help with that? Do you need to be driving 160 mph to utilize such a device. The best reply to this thread is someone telling me you got hit by a speeding car.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
No assbag, just means I don't have to hire an attorney. And second, what if you're going 80 on the freeway and get pulled over for speeding? Could a radar/laser detector help with that? Do you need to be driving 160 mph to utilize such a device. The best reply to this thread is someone telling me you got hit by a speeding car.
I see you're not going to stick with the wheel analogy. Smart move as it was moronic.

The best thing that could come from this thread is listing your firm name so I and anyone else could save themselves some money and avoid your stupidity. I can see now why you would need a $1700 device if your lawyer skills are any sign of your intelligence on this forum.

For the record I can justify a purchase of a device to avoid tickets on the freeway when doing 80ish. This can be accomplished for much cheaper than $1700 and for an 80 in a 55 its nothing a lawyer with any skill could plead down for much cheaper as well. So tell me again why you spend 1700 on something you should be able to self represent down to a zero point violation with maybe a $200 fine Mr. Lawyer? No need to answer that as it was rhetorical.
Old 04-27-2013, 01:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
AMG GLC63. Audi R8
Originally Posted by kaunain13
I just got a speeding ticket and my passport 9500ix didn't go off. The cop was using laser. Should I get a different radar detector and add a laser jammer? What is the best method to avoid speeding tickets. In this case I wasn't trying to speed, just lost track of how fast I was going on a deserted road.
Even if the laser detector went off, it's just telling you're screwed. You don't have anytime to slow down. You need a laser jammer (illegal but if installed right hard to detect).
Old 04-27-2013, 01:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 75 Likes on 50 Posts
Hyperion's Candy-Coated 4 x 4
I see you're not going to stick with the wheel analogy. Smart move as it was moronic.

The best thing that could come from this thread is listing your firm name so I and anyone else could save themselves some money and avoid your stupidity. I can see now why you would need a $1700 device if your lawyer skills are any sign of your intelligence on this forum.

For the record I can justify a purchase of a device to avoid tickets on the freeway when doing 80ish. This can be accomplished for much cheaper than $1700 and for an 80 in a 55 its nothing a lawyer with any skill could plead down for much cheaper as well. So tell me again why you spend 1700 on something you should be able to self represent down to a zero point violation with maybe a $200 fine Mr. Lawyer? No need to answer that as it was rhetorical.
Actually Hank Hill, the wheel analogy works perfectly. Why for aesthetics would someone spend large sums of money on a high end set of wheels when they could get similar (dare I say nearly identical ones) for much cheaper? Quality? Reputation of the company with the wheels that cost more (for purposes of this analogy)? Whatever it is that motivates people, it's not moronic simply because its more than you would spend, is it? Maybe I would like to go to greater lengths than others to help ensure my insurance premiums don't go up...and I do so by spending money on a trusted device that has never failed to alert me of speed traps, red light cameras, laser and radar. Could I do it for much cheaper? Of course. But what does it matter to you what people spend on their cars whether it be for aesthetics, performance, safety or what have you. If it works and gives people piece of mind, why does it bother you?
Old 04-27-2013, 01:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
S55
What AMG owner driving late some night with barely any traffic in sight (doing the speed limit of 70 mph) hasnt had a Beemer, Porsche or whatever pull up along side them and the two of you hit the gas for a quick couple of seconds? Starting from 70 mph it only takes a couple of seconds to break 100 mph. No one (well most people) dont want to do anything thats reckless or dangerous to others but what AMG owner doesnt hit the gas once in awhile if even just to feel the acceleration. It would be nice to have a radar detector to save you from yourself in those types of moments... People on here acting like they NEVER speed.
Old 04-27-2013, 01:32 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
04 CL55, 05 E500S4, 15 BMW i3 REx

You're coming off pretty douchey.

If someone wants to have the best out there does that mean they're stupid? Tell that to people who buy HREs, Ohlin coilovers, Akrapovic exhausts, etc.

By the way, no speed tickets + paying for expensive radar > tickets + lawyer
Old 04-27-2013, 01:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 e55 amg
Does anybody have the K40?
Old 04-27-2013, 11:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Actually Hank Hill, the wheel analogy works perfectly. Why for aesthetics would someone spend large sums of money on a high end set of wheels when they could get similar (dare I say nearly identical ones) for much cheaper? Quality? Reputation of the company with the wheels that cost more (for purposes of this analogy)? Whatever it is that motivates people, it's not moronic simply because its more than you would spend, is it? Maybe I would like to go to greater lengths than others to help ensure my insurance premiums don't go up...and I do so by spending money on a trusted device that has never failed to alert me of speed traps, red light cameras, laser and radar. Could I do it for much cheaper? Of course. But what does it matter to you what people spend on their cars whether it be for aesthetics, performance, safety or what have you. If it works and gives people piece of mind, why does it bother you?

Because Homer, in the case of wheels you most certainly get what you pay for. I have yet to see replica wheels selling for cheaper that have equal weight, quality and performance. Point me to some examples because I would and many others I'm sure love to spend less on the exact same wheel without sacrificing weight, material. strength or looks.

How you spend your money is your business, I simply stated MY OPINION that $1700 pre install for a radar detector seems excessive and quite telling of the person installing it. My point as well was you could get the same performance out of the same brand and company for much less. But of course, it wouldn't be the most expensive one. That alone is a big selling point for many.

People who need red light cameras and speed trap detectors and jammers ect all tell me they drive like douches on public roads. I don't know about you but I seldom if not EVER blow a red light. In NY speed trap detectors wouldn't work well as the police don't pick the same spot every time. We also don't have those fixed speed detectors so that doesn't matter to me either. I guess if all the above would affect you or you habitually speed and blow red lights the investment would surely pay for itself in a year or so.

I have many cars so it would cost a small fortune to install it in all of them and I don't speed 95% of the time I am driving. Speed being defined as above 75-80. My license is perfectly intact with ZERO speeding tickets and no points. I think in the last 10 years I have been nabbed once and payed a lawyer $200 to get it lowered to a zero point seat belt. Total investment in 10 years. $350 with the fine.

Of course I speed or get into speed contests. I do it however on very safe roads away from the public. The route is also checked beforehand. If a cop decided to hide in the bushes in a place we couldn't see one day no radar detector would save us as our speed would be quite obvious as we did a fly by at 140+. Again, no amount of money invested in a radar detector would save you. This is why I say better to just pay the lawyer.

Hope that clears it up for you.
Old 04-27-2013, 11:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by DuaneC63
Even if the laser detector went off, it's just telling you're screwed. You don't have anytime to slow down. You need a laser jammer (illegal but if installed right hard to detect).

Not illegal in many states and your best bet. Is the $1700 device a jammer as well?