For those of you that have a Mid pipe...question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 04:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2010 c63
For those of you that have a Mid pipe...question

Hello everyone,

For everyone on this board that has a mid pipe, do you guys feel a large vibration or rumble underneath your car in cold weather?

I have the 3 inch MHP mid pipe and in cold weather, i can feel the pipe either vibrating or what feels like it is trying to shake loose. Has anyone else experienced this that has a mid pipe?

I took it to a shop and they found that there was a small leak in where the mid pipe connected to the rest of the system and i got it sealed and now it rumbles a lot less but its still noticeable only in cold weather

Would anyone know why that is? Is it because the hot air flowing through the pipe in the cold weather (im talking about under 60 degree weather) is causing the pipe to per say expand and cause that rumble

If anyone has any feedback it would be much appreciated, thanks!
Old 04-29-2013, 05:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KTM 200 xcw
Do you have heat shields that may be loose or are the mid pipes on the correct way? I've seen on several cars the mid pipes being flipped over the wrong way and hooked up just fine, to the eye it looks correct but, you can't see the top where it may be making the difference in not fitting properly so it tends to vibrate.