c63 Seat Cover Coming out of Seat Bracket

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 10:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09 C63
c63 Seat Cover Coming out of Seat Bracket

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to share my experience and provide a data point to other forum members out here.

So i bought a c63 2 months ago and found out shortly that the seat covers were coming out of the bracket. like below:

From my knowledge, I think the seat covers were once replaced by the dealership early on in the life of the car and probably weren't done well.

First try at dealership
I brought it into the dealership and the subsequently fixed it by trying to glue it back to the bracket(lol). Thankfully this gave way soon after and they had to do proper repair work.

Second try at dealership
This time, they ordered new seat covers, cushions and i think the seat backs were also replaced as they wanted to make sure that the covers actually held on the the brackets.

Total time taken for repair for a little more than a week due to backlogged shipment issues with a loaner e350 being provided.

I'm actually glad that this happened as i got new seat covers ( only the back leather inclusive of bolsters that attaches to the plastic bracket and not the surface where your butt comes into contact with).

Let me know if you guys have any questions!

Andre
Old 05-08-2013, 11:14 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
F10 M5 Comp, 2012 Ford Raptor
Are you saying the dealership cut apart and restitched together your seat covers with the new/replacement bolster pieces?!
Old 05-08-2013, 11:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09 C63
Originally Posted by mland550
Are you saying the dealership cut apart and restitched together your seat covers with the new/replacement bolster pieces?!
This makes it easier. They replaced the entire leather piece circled in red on both the driver & passenger side. Major win for me

Old 05-08-2013, 11:26 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
F10 M5 Comp, 2012 Ford Raptor
Ha...yes much easier to visualize now.