Sponsored by:

Mercedes Benz c63 AMG 507

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2013, 12:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG Edition 507 Coupe
Originally Posted by aus_droid
OK, so mine is now sitting at the dock in Germany. I was excited until I found out that it can sit at teh dock for a long time while other cars arrive. Has anyone tracked their 5o7 on teh ship? WHat web site did you use to track. I know there are plent of sites out there, but has someone ACTUALLY used one??

It is alive !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
G'day, judging by your name you must be based in Australia? I am. I feel your pain... OK, to help you ease it, this is what you can do:
first you need to know on which ship is your car loaded. Mercedes Benz uses Wallenius Wilhelmsen shipping company to bring the cars to Australia. As long as you have the VIN for your car, you can check on the following website, on which ship did they load the car. Unfortunately, you will be able to check it only when the car is actually loaded, not before (for some reason dealers cannot provide bills of lading numbers, or booking number). Anyway, the website is: https://att.2wglobal.com/gstattweb/o...uickSearchPage

I was actually quite lucky. My car was produced on 3 Sep'13, booked on to a ship on 4 Sep'13, loaded on 6 Sep'13 and sailed on the same day. It's a great feeling when you enter the vin and then the details pop up

OK, now that your car is on the ship you would most likely like to know how's the ship progressing. Here there are plenty of choices. I use two sites: marinetraffic.com or fleetmon.com. Fleetmon.com provides more comprehensive information once the ship moves beyond the busiest shipping lanes. For example, with fleetmon you can track the progress all the way, whereas with marinetraffic you will lose the position once the ship sails past Canary Islands. The only drawback of fleetmon is that if you want to get the position of the ship once it moves beyond the busiest shipping lanes you have to buy credits which are then used to purchase the satellite position update. No big deal though. It costs about AUD17 for 100 credits and it costs 15 credits per position update.

Good luck mate in tracking your beast Mine is scheduled to make Port Melbourne on 18 Oct'13. I am now trying to figure out how to track it through offloading and customs. I think Patrick Stevedores are handling all this (incidentally they have monopoly for this service in Australia...), so fingers crossed they have some sort of an on-line tool which i can use. By the way, did you notice, in Germany the car made Port of Bremerhaven on 6 Sep'13, and was loaded on the same day and sailed on the same day. I wonder if our boys would be able to do the same in Melbourne in reverse....

All the best!
Old 09-30-2013, 09:18 AM

Received 57 Likes on 35 Posts
MY19AMG GT-C; MY14C63-507 - former Audi B6 S4
Originally Posted by 507in2013
G'day, judging by your name you must be based in Australia? I am. I feel your pain... OK, to help you ease it, this is what you can do:
first you need to know on which ship is your car loaded. Mercedes Benz uses Wallenius Wilhelmsen shipping company to bring the cars to Australia. As long as you have the VIN for your car, you can check on the following website, on which ship did they load the car. Unfortunately, you will be able to check it only when the car is actually loaded, not before (for some reason dealers cannot provide bills of lading numbers, or booking number). Anyway, the website is: https://att.2wglobal.com/gstattweb/o...uickSearchPage

I was actually quite lucky. My car was produced on 3 Sep'13, booked on to a ship on 4 Sep'13, loaded on 6 Sep'13 and sailed on the same day. It's a great feeling when you enter the vin and then the details pop up

OK, now that your car is on the ship you would most likely like to know how's the ship progressing. Here there are plenty of choices. I use two sites: marinetraffic.com or fleetmon.com. Fleetmon.com provides more comprehensive information once the ship moves beyond the busiest shipping lanes. For example, with fleetmon you can track the progress all the way, whereas with marinetraffic you will lose the position once the ship sails past Canary Islands. The only drawback of fleetmon is that if you want to get the position of the ship once it moves beyond the busiest shipping lanes you have to buy credits which are then used to purchase the satellite position update. No big deal though. It costs about AUD17 for 100 credits and it costs 15 credits per position update.

Good luck mate in tracking your beast Mine is scheduled to make Port Melbourne on 18 Oct'13. I am now trying to figure out how to track it through offloading and customs. I think Patrick Stevedores are handling all this (incidentally they have monopoly for this service in Australia...), so fingers crossed they have some sort of an on-line tool which i can use. By the way, did you notice, in Germany the car made Port of Bremerhaven on 6 Sep'13, and was loaded on the same day and sailed on the same day. I wonder if our boys would be able to do the same in Melbourne in reverse....

All the best!
Thanks for the information.

Quick question: Which field does one put in the VIN on that search site? I'm guessing either Cargo ID or Customer Reference Number? I'm trying to track my produced/not shipped vehicle.

Thanks in advance.

-C
Old 10-01-2013, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by chris135b

Quick question: Which field does one put in the VIN on that search site? I'm guessing either Cargo ID or Customer Reference Number? I'm trying to track my produced/not shipped vehicle.

Thanks in advance.

-C
Hi, it's the Cargo ID field (first field from the right) for VIN.
Old 10-01-2013, 07:35 AM

Hi, it's the Cargo ID field (first field from the right) for VIN.
Oh, and btw, you will only be able to see it once your car actually makes it on a ship, not before. So it's a bit of a hit and miss. good luck !
Old 10-01-2013, 10:27 AM

The Waiting Game...

Oh, and btw, you will only be able to see it once your car actually makes it on a ship, not before. So it's a bit of a hit and miss. good luck !

Yep, I saw your post up above about the tracking piece. On the site, you can see the schedules for when the vessels are leaving based on origin and destination ports. I'll be checking on each departure day. But, looking at the car park areas on bing/google maps, it may be a while before the car gets on a ship! Never seen so many vehicles in on place before!!!

Oh well, all good things come in due time.

-C
Old 10-01-2013, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by chris135b

Yep, I saw your post up above about the tracking piece. On the site, you can see the schedules for when the vessels are leaving based on origin and destination ports. I'll be checking on each departure day. But, looking at the car park areas on bing/google maps, it may be a while before the car gets on a ship! Never seen so many vehicles in on place before!!!

Oh well, all good things come in due time.

-C
And just like that, the car was loaded this morning in Bremerhaven! I see it loaded at 1319 local time.

As a note for the Australian's on the board, this ship is heading to Brisbane, Port Kembla and Melbourne! So, those waiting may have their cars in November! Vessel name is Aniara.

-C
Old 10-06-2013, 09:22 AM

2013 GLK 350, 2009 C63
The bad news: Received a call from my dealer that my 507 order from June will not make it into the queue. I wanted the a iridium silver with the silver wheels, MM, Lighting pack and limited slip.

The good news, they did receive one 507 coupe, Magnetite black/black wheels. Needless to say, I snagged it, specially after the test drive.
Old 10-08-2013, 06:23 PM

c63 507
Thank you all for the great info.

I have asked the dealer to give me the VIN, but you know what it's like.....if you want to buy a car, they ring you every day. If you've already bought one....

Apparently it is still o the dock at Bremerhaven after 8 days!

The worst news is that my A45 got bumped. It was due to be built on 27th Sept, but now is down for 29th October. Has anyone else had their A45s bumped?

I have suggested MBWorld set up an A45 forum, but no luck so far.

I CANNOT believe that Mercedes do not give you a log in so that you can track your order.

It would appear that they are like any other company..once they have your money...

I'm so pissed off!

I feel like cancelling both orders and buying a Granturismo.

AUS
Old 10-08-2013, 07:21 PM

c63 507

All the best!

507in 2013,

Thanks again for he info.

No luck tracking on the VIN, so I guess it's still sitting on the wharf.

I hope it's not lonely. It needs to feel loved.

AUS
Old 10-09-2013, 07:25 AM

507in 2013,

Thanks again for he info.

No luck tracking on the VIN, so I guess it's still sitting on the wharf.

I hope it's not lonely. It needs to feel loved.

AUS
G'day Aus, I'm afraid that's the only way. However, you can at least check which vessels are scheduled to leave Bremerhaven for your port of destination. you can do it by going to Wallenius Wilhelmsen website http://sagaweb.2wglobal.com/AppSchedules/ select "search by ports" and follow prompts. Mind you, this is a double edged sword... once you find out which ships are leaving over the next couple of days and if your car doesn't make it aboard, you may get upset... still, i think knowing is better than not knowing. Good luck!
Old 10-09-2013, 05:46 PM

c63 507
Hey, Thanks.

I checked the schedule and there are ships leaving for Melbourne every couple of days, which doesn't explain why mine has been sitting at the wharf for 10 days.

If I bought a $20 toy car from Germany I would be able to track it at every stage. You buy a $200k car and you're left completely in the dark.

This is my first experience with Mercedes and I am just stunned at the lack of communication. Is it always like this?

AUS
Old 10-10-2013, 06:49 AM

Hey, Thanks.

I checked the schedule and there are ships leaving for Melbourne every couple of days, which doesn't explain why mine has been sitting at the wharf for 10 days.

If I bought a $20 toy car from Germany I would be able to track it at every stage. You buy a $200k car and you're left completely in the dark.

This is my first experience with Mercedes and I am just stunned at the lack of communication. Is it always like this?

AUS
Hi Aus,
you're so right... Maybe Mercedes should strike a deal with Amazon? LOL. This is my first experience with MB. However, I have a feeling that it would be the same for all European manufacturers (which doesn't mean it is great). I seriously cannot see what's so hard in keeping the customer in the loop from the moment you put your signature on the contract to the moment you pick up the car. All the information is there, it just requires a bit of drive and customer service focus. If we can find all this stuff on the publicly available sites, sure as sh*&^t MB dealer can, and more. Like for example ensure that you car doesn't sit on a wharf for 10 days. I had to do my own investigation on how the process works once the ship makes port. Dealer couldn't (wouldn't) tell me. So, for sh&^%ts and giggles, here's what i found out:

Wallenius Wilhelmsen is the shipper for MB to Australia (we know that already)
Qube is the stevedore
APC Logistics is the freight forwarder and customs broker.

Now, the KPIs the stevedore and APC Logistics have, they basically have to clear the cars from the wharf within 2-3 days of ship making port. Otherwise they pay extra storage charges, which, naturally, they would like to avoid. So, provided there is no AQIS intervention, where they would require extra cleaning or some random checks, you could expect the car being handed over to overland transport company for the car to be taken to the dealer within 2-3 days of ship making port.

PrixCar is the company that is contracted by MB Australia to ship cars from freight forwarder to the dealer. they also (I believe, although I am not 100% certain) clean the cars before they send them to a dealer. If you're in Melbourne then the period would be shorter, but if you're elsewhere than Melbourne then the delivery period to the dealer is from 4 to 7 days.

So, that means the dealer should have a car within 6 to 10 working days from the time ship makes port (provided no extra time for customs).

How long should the dealer take for delivery? I don't know, a day? two max? that would mean if a ship makes port on a Monday, you should be taking a delivery of the car the Saturday week at the latest.

Hang in there mate, I think once you take the delivery, start that beast up, all these blues will be forgotten
Old 10-10-2013, 03:24 PM

c63 507
Thanks.

That's great info.

I sent an email to MB Corporate in Germany a few days ago but haven't got a reply.

When is yours arriving? Which state are you in?

AUS
Old 10-10-2013, 06:25 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
(a)'12 C63 P/P, LSD, 19" m/spoke,comfort pack. (b)Astra SRI.
Thank you all for the great info.

I have asked the dealer to give me the VIN, but you know what it's like.....if you want to buy a car, they ring you every day. If you've already bought one....

Apparently it is still o the dock at Bremerhaven after 8 days!

The worst news is that my A45 got bumped. It was due to be built on 27th Sept, but now is down for 29th October. Has anyone else had their A45s bumped?

I have suggested MBWorld set up an A45 forum, but no luck so far.

I CANNOT believe that Mercedes do not give you a log in so that you can track your order.

It would appear that they are like any other company..once they have your money...

I'm so pissed off!

I feel like cancelling both orders and buying a Granturismo.

AUS
Which Dealer is supplying your car?
My buying experience was exactly the opposite....advised of all dates, built date, shipping, progressive voyage details supplied etc etc.
I will be interested to know what your "handover" presentation is like.
It was my first experience with M.B....and I was happy.
Cheers, Pickles.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:51 PM

c63 507
Hey Pickles,

Not ready to have a go at the dealer at this stage, but how's this for an update...

I rang MB Australia to see if they could give me better info and told the girl what the deal was and asked to speak to the Australian Sales Manager. She said he was busy and in a meeting but would call me back.

Yes, I got a call back....from my dealer!!! MB Australia didn't even want to know about me, they just rang the dealer and told them to deal with the problem.

So much for prestige brand/customer experience/ service blah blah blah.

The more I have to do with MB, the more I wish I had spoken to other MB owners.

Still nothing on the shipping site, still, allegedly, on the wharf........yeah, right.

I feel like such an idiot for not doing more research.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:53 PM

c63 507
PS ...Still no response to the email I sent to MB International two days ago.

Ahhgg..
Old 10-11-2013, 06:44 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
(a)'12 C63 P/P, LSD, 19" m/spoke,comfort pack. (b)Astra SRI.
Question

Hey Pickles,

Not ready to have a go at the dealer at this stage, but how's this for an update...

I rang MB Australia to see if they could give me better info and told the girl what the deal was and asked to speak to the Australian Sales Manager. She said he was busy and in a meeting but would call me back.

Yes, I got a call back....from my dealer!!! MB Australia didn't even want to know about me, they just rang the dealer and told them to deal with the problem.

So much for prestige brand/customer experience/ service blah blah blah.

The more I have to do with MB, the more I wish I had spoken to other MB owners.

Still nothing on the shipping site, still, allegedly, on the wharf........yeah, right.

I feel like such an idiot for not doing more research.
Mate, the mistake you're making is that you are not asking your DEALER!!!..That is the entity selling you your car, & taking your money.
I'm not surprised M.B. Head Office "don't wanna know ya"...that would be the same for any major company.
Your Dealer has access to ALL details of your car....they can give you the VIN No, build dates, shipping dates, where the car is once it's at sea....it's not hard for them at all my friend,....'cause it's all on the Dealer's computer system.
I did ask, who is the Dealer?
Cheers, Pickles.
Old 10-11-2013, 09:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
2008 BS
Old 10-11-2013, 10:49 PM

Agree with Pickles. Pickles, good to know there are dealers out there who make an effort after signing the contract. I am not surprised they have all this info. in fact, i would be surprised if they didn't. The only disappointing thing is that whilst some dealers will truly look after their customers, the others are stuck in the old ways. Nothing that a healthy competition could not resolve.
Old 10-11-2013, 11:42 PM

c63 507
No, No, No....

When I said that I am not ready to "Have a go at the dealer, yet" I meant that I was not ready to name and shame them on the forum.

I have been ringing them and harassing them almost every day. I drop in once a week to look at the screens.

My point is that I should not have to be doing this to find out when the cars are arriving. They should be giving me regular updates as to what is going on.

Mind you, they are pretty hopeless. When I jumped up and down on Friday, they had their "delivery coordinator" send me an email saying;

" congratulations on the purchase of your C63. It should be here on 22nd November and IF it get's here on time, we SHOULD have it ready by the 27th Nov."

I asked why it takes 5 days to get the car ready for delivery, given the damn thing was hand built in only 3 days.

I guess, as there was no mention of the A45, that it has just disappeared into some warp in the space time continuum.

I'm over it.

AUS
Old 10-11-2013, 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by Pickles
Which Dealer is supplying your car?
My buying experience was exactly the opposite....advised of all dates, built date, shipping, progressive voyage details supplied etc etc.
I will be interested to know what your "handover" presentation is like.
It was my first experience with M.B....and I was happy.
Cheers, Pickles.
Pickles, given you had quite a good experience with the delivery, would you mind providing the details of your dealer? Many thanks in advance.
Old 10-12-2013, 03:13 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
C63
No, No, No....

When I said that I am not ready to "Have a go at the dealer, yet" I meant that I was not ready to name and shame them on the forum.

I have been ringing them and harassing them almost every day. I drop in once a week to look at the screens.

My point is that I should not have to be doing this to find out when the cars are arriving. They should be giving me regular updates as to what is going on.

Mind you, they are pretty hopeless. When I jumped up and down on Friday, they had their "delivery coordinator" send me an email saying;

" congratulations on the purchase of your C63. It should be here on 22nd November and IF it get's here on time, we SHOULD have it ready by the 27th Nov."

I asked why it takes 5 days to get the car ready for delivery, given the damn thing was hand built in only 3 days.

I guess, as there was no mention of the A45, that it has just disappeared into some warp in the space time continuum.

I'm over it.

AUS
Hi Mate,

If it's any comfort I'm in the same boat (could be literally) as you. My dealer has given me est pick up date of 25th of Nov, I too have had my VIN for sometime and according to inv records my 507 is also sitting on the docs at BREMERHAVEN with a few other 507's bound for Aus.

I called the dealer today and they are quite confident that this date is still on track, however looking at the logistics site if that date was meant to be achievable our cars should be on board by now .... My VIN still isn't registering so can only assume it hasn't been loaded as yet.

I have taken 507in2013's advise (Thank you again) and asked for booking no, but this was apparently not possible (or too hard) so back to playing the waiting game....

Can I ask, which state you're in ? I'm in Sydney.. the last ship that could make Sydney ports by the 25th Nov sailed yesterday so it will be interesting to hear what excuse they come back with ..

Anyway hang in there, I'm sure the wait will be worth it, but I do agree, some good old customer service and updates would have been appreciated from my end also. I've had to chase up most things after deposit was taken.

Cheers
Mike
Old 10-12-2013, 03:49 AM

Guys,
it is my understanding that Mercedes cars are offloaded in the Port of Melbourne and then transported around the country by road transport. you may therefore want to check the Bremerhaven to Melbourne routes.
Old 10-12-2013, 10:49 PM

c63 507
Hey Mikenbn,

That's good and bad news that your car is sitting on the wharf with mine. Good that I'm not the only car having problems, bad that they're not going to make their delivery dates.

We'll keep in touch. Hey, when we all get our cars, we should organise a meet up somewhere.

AUS
Old 10-13-2013, 04:48 AM

Hey Mikenbn,

That's good and bad news that your car is sitting on the wharf with mine. Good that I'm not the only car having problems, bad that they're not going to make their delivery dates.

We'll keep in touch. Hey, when we all get our cars, we should organise a meet up somewhere.

AUS
Definitely, great idea! I'll keep you guys posted on mine.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Mercedes Benz c63 AMG 507