Sponsored by:

EBay Diffusers?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-16-2013, 11:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 C63 AMG
EBay Diffusers?

CF parts are so overpriced from 'brand names' that I'm considering grabbing something off of EBay.
- Who's running an EBay diffuser?
- Any issues with installation?
- Can you post some pics?

Thanks
Old 06-29-2013, 12:52 PM

2010 C63 AMG
Since no one responded, I just got beat for $400. Carbon fiber quality is ok and the item came well packaged. However, it is basically impossible to install without completely taking out the rear bumper. It uses metal tabs that are supposed to be bent over where the clips are on the OEM diffuser. There are no holes for bolts and the bracket is impossible to install, so forget a bolt-on installation. To make matters worse, one of the metal tabs scratched the rear bumper and after 2h of dealing with this, I'm not only back to the stock diffuser but I also need to have the bumper touched up.

Link to this Chinese piece of garbage:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mercedes-Benz-W204-C63-AMG-DTM-Style-Carbon-Fiber-Rear-Bumper-Diffuser-QUAD-h3-/150991912255?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2327d1bd3f&vxp=mtr
Old 06-29-2013, 01:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
Man I'm so sorry!! That really sucks! I have eyes that one, just haven't pulled the trigger. There are tons of them, and who knows how good they are or how well they fit....

True to say that CF are WAY overpriced...I mean does an OEM CF spoiler really cost $1300?????? Costs $20 to make...thats why I am not tempted at throwing thousands at CF parts that just sit there and provide no real performance enhancements...granted they look amazing when right.
Old 06-29-2013, 01:05 PM

2010 C63 AMG
That was why I was looking at EBay parts. I used to make carbon fiber parts back in the day for FSAE in college and the cost is quite low. The aftermarket parts are incredibly expensive!

I've had good luck w EBay stuff in the past but this is something else. I filed a claim and hopefully I'll get my money back, even though I'll have to pay for shipping. It's not the money that gets to me though...nothing sucks more than getting excited over a mod and then things going terribly wrong in the process. I also don't have time for this type of shenanigans anymore.