My New CF Hood

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2013, 09:29 PM

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
C63 AMG
My New CF Hood

Hi all
After a couple SNAFUs from the freight company, I've finally received my new (to me) carbon fiber hood! (from Dad's C63's car itself).

The box looks like it was dragged/kicked/ridden-on from FL to TX, but thanks to Keith for packaging it with beaucoup bubble wrap. Luckily the hood itself doesn't have a scratch on it. **Note this is how the box was delivered to me, both ends open and a hole on each side, drag marks across the "fragile" sticker no less...

I'm simply amazed how light the hood is. If not for the overall size, this is easily a one hand carry. It's a great weight savings as well as extra heat exhaust; I would absolutely recommend this to others if you're on the fence on buying one. The only thing I would nitpick if forced would be it's missing the spot for a hood ornament, but a sticker can cover that, and it's not that big of deal IMHO.

Next will be finding a good paint shop to handle painting it silver in a similar fashion to watchbeat's/C-63AMG's style, if anyone knows of a place around Houston, i'm open to recommendations.

Otherwise, again a public thanks to Keith for this and good luck on his next project!
B
Attached Thumbnails My New CF Hood-cf_hood_box.jpg   My New CF Hood-cf_hood.jpg  
Old 06-23-2013, 08:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
2014 Audi RS7
Glad you finally got it and it wasn't damaged.

Thats the original "Dads Performance" hood that I had made. I contemplated just hanging it on the garage wall because it was the original but it needed to find a good home so thank you. It does work and the popularity of them has been much more than I anticipated. Glad you are happy and let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks again,
Keith