Sponsored by:

Should I Be Worried?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 06:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 C63
Unhappy Should I Be Worried?

So recently I have felt issues in my car but nothing was actually an issue.
It may be the oil since I topped it off myself a couple days ago. I put in havoline 10w40 because the gas stations around me didn't have mobil 5w40.

I feel like I have the worst tranny in the world. I noticed this around the early 100 miles on my car, but I think I may have broken in my car wrong by pushing it at 700 miles but I doubt thats the actual problem. I absolutely cannot stop at a stop sign on Manual without the car feeling like its a HARD stop and start. For a fact I know that it shouldn't be doing this 90% of the time, and I hear you don't have to shift to first gear on Manual but also if I do with even 2k rpm or less I get a lot of jerking.

Also today I was driving in manual right about to be at my gate (231F temp), and when I switched the gears from Manual to Comfort, the car completely freezes, the wheel locks and all of the lights are on. I slid it to park and then turned the car off. I waited a minute and turned it back on and heard kind of a harsh quick sound and i was checking if my car was able to drive by going around the block a couple times. It seems completely fine now, but the question is why, and should I be worried?

I haven't gone to the dealership because I have to wait the next day just to get my car looked at and being my only car, I can't do that.

Last edited by E=mC63; 06-24-2013 at 06:39 PM.
Old 06-24-2013, 07:17 PM

Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts
2015 E400 Coupe
This is why they have warranty, just take it to the dealer and tell them to fix it.
Old 06-24-2013, 07:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Just take it in. You need to know what's going on and they'll fix it. If you can't be without a vehicle, they should give you a loaner.
Old 06-24-2013, 10:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 909 Likes on 639 Posts
E63S | X5
All the lights coming on switching modes was the red flag. Don't worry about how you broke it in, that has been debated for a long time on many different platforms. Not the issue. Also, it is a slow shifting rough tranny, an ecu/tcu tune smooths that out and the oil has nothing to do with it. But, when you take it to the dealer maybe get a change anyway and always put the same kind of oil in it.