Houston MB Dealerships

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2013, 02:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 c63 AMG
Houston MB Dealerships

Hi everyone,

I bought a new 2013 c63 w/ the performance package a couple of months ago. I immediately transferred it to an XPEL installer via glass trailor and had tint and clear bra installed. I am a very **** person and had borderline anxiety while parted from the car! I have always done my own maintenance and avoid dealerships like a plague. However, I am concerned about having issues with the warranty if I do not go through the dealership. I found older threads referencing Houston MB dealerships, but people move on and places change. Does anyone currently have a solid MB dealership in Houston and a SA that you would recommend?

I'm hoping I can come to an agreement with the SA. I will have them perform the first service. All others after I will perform on my own and have the SA log them (this was recommended by the salesman, most likely will not happen).

I love the car and cannot wait to tear into it. I have 950 miles on it and want to get the first service over with!

Thanks for yalls help.
Old 07-08-2013, 08:34 AM

dreams
From my limited experience, I'd recommend Star Motor Cars. Of the others in the area, they seem to be the most honest - even in sales. for some background, they were the only dealership that was willing to place a european delivery for me while all the others made excuses for how it wasn't possible. their labor rates are lower, if not the lowest, of MB dealerships. because they aren't located in a super central area, they depend on returning customers for business. i believe they are successful in doing this by providing straight forward, honest service.

I'd recommend Chris Palumbo as your service advisor. Robin (not sure his last name) is the mechanic that works on my car (also a C63) and he's great to work with - honest, down to earth, detail oriented, and most importantly... not the auto-zone looking grad that will rag on your car (no hate to autozone!).
Old 07-08-2013, 08:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
your mom
I have had great experience with Gaylin at MB Greenway. past 2 yrs - 3 cars so far.

Apparently, MB Sugarland is more tuner friendly. They are a Renntech dealer.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
They are basically the same. MB Greenway is close to my house so that's where I go. Yea prices are high and you have to watch it as they'll do unauthorized stuff, like charge $10 to top of your windshield washer fluid. But if you specifically tell them what you want, then they are OK.
Old 07-08-2013, 09:49 PM

06 CTT-S
I go to MB Sugarland - look for Derek Hightower.. the most honest guy I've dealt so far

Last edited by Paculdo; 07-08-2013 at 09:54 PM.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 80 Likes on 66 Posts
C63 coupe, Z3M Roadster garage queen
ARod MB in League City has been doing all the work on mine for about six years. I've never been jacked around there, and service has been excellent.
Old 07-09-2013, 12:46 AM

2011 c63 p31 Eurocharged
I recently purchased a 2011 P31 car with 21K on it from MD Houston North. I left in a hurry after the purchase in my new ride for seven days of work out of state. Shortly after being on the road I noticed the car pulled to the right and the front didn't feel as planted as I though it should. I pulled over and inspected the front end and tires to discover they had mounted a new set of P Zero Nero H rated tires. I call the service department and brought her in. They aligned the front end (toe was a little out), replaced all four tires with new P Zeros and changed the front hood closeout panel because the seals started to split. Impeccable service! As for when major repairs are needed, maybe someone else here can chime in on there abilities?