Sponsored by:

507 Sedan Reviewed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2013, 06:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
'12 C63 Black Series, '12 ML350 BlueTech
Is it me or the rear wheel arch looks more extended than the usual sedan?
I mean at the bumper junction.

Last edited by abcut973; 08-05-2013 at 06:06 PM.
Old 08-05-2013, 08:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63 AMG 507 Edition
Thanks for all the great feedback guys, I'm really looking forward to picking up the car this weekend.

I have been assured by the dealer that no-one will drive the car other than the technician who will do the pre-delivery road test. I hope this is not !!

Originally Posted by jordanaf
I am wondering why it already has the license plate holder on the front bumper? That usually happens after it's delivered to the dealership, if at all.
My guess is that all Australian spec cars get delivered this way, as front licence plates are compulsory here.

For what its worth, I prefer the look of the coupe, but 2 doors is just not practical for me.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:20 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
'14 C63 "Edition 507"; '02 Widebody WS6 Trans Am ~ 1,200hp (kills everything)
Originally Posted by jordanaf
I am wondering why it already has the license plate holder on the front bumper? That usually happens after it's delivered to the dealership, if at all.
This. I called my dealer and specifically requested that no one drill into the car to mount a front plate and it's illegal in TX to not have a front plate; I'll pay the ticket, I'm sorry I just can't have one on that thing. Fortunately for your white sedan (my first choice in color), is it's polar white and doesn't have a fleck of metallic in it. So matching will be very close if not perfect. No chance to be seen by the naked eye. Mine now coming in obsidian, I feel I need to give a reminder to my dealer because if they have to repaint the front bumper to shave drill holes, me = not happy. More like super pissed.

~Austin
Old 08-05-2013, 09:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 58 Likes on 53 Posts
C63 AMG P30 *EuroCharged*| Porsche Cayenne | Buell XB9SX
damn that looks effing sweet in white with the black bits, esp the hood vents. I had only seen 507 coupe pics in the past and wasn't really feeling it with the wheels, etc, but the sedan looks great.
Old 08-06-2013, 04:48 AM

C63 AMG 507 Edition
Originally Posted by m a x i m u s
damn that looks effing sweet in white with the black bits, esp the hood vents. I had only seen 507 coupe pics in the past and wasn't really feeling it with the wheels, etc, but the sedan looks great.
I ducked into the dealership tonight to take a quick peek at the car before delivery this weekend.

It looks amazing in real life.

If anyone is having doubts over the 507 then trust me you wont be disappointed with the visuals of this car.

As per a comment below, the wheel arches are more flared than a standard C63 (not as much as a BS, but still increased), the black wheels look out of this world - the silver outer edge is actually an indented ridge, and the AMG logo is etched into the wheel - not a sticker or paint.

As for colour, the black highlights on a white car are just perfect. It looks really aggressive, but still classy. It gets the mix just right.

Any concerns I had about the look of the sedan as opposed to a coupe are gone, all the highlights break up any large areas so that it stays interesting from every angle.

Also the interior looks great. It has a lot of data options like g forces, power output, torque output, tyre pressure monitor etc, but I was a bit surprised by how fresh the interior looks. Not sure of all the changes from a standard C63 but it feels like a current car, not a model at the end of its life.

It looks like AMG have gone all out in the final swan song of the 6.2 V8 C63.

I could go on, but for those who have ordered one, be prepared to be impressed when you see your car in the flesh, for those who haven't, order one now!
Old 08-06-2013, 05:27 AM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
'16 CLS 63 S
Oh...please...go on.
Old 08-06-2013, 06:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 P31 C63, 2014 Bluetec ML, 2004 GT3
no way the 507 car is flared any more than a standard C63. MB would never incur new tooling costs for a limited production, end of run car, and if they did, this would have been mentioned in all their press releases. great looking car non-the-less.
Old 08-06-2013, 06:47 AM

C63 AMG 507 Edition
Originally Posted by esses
no way the 507 car is flared any more than a standard C63. MB would never incur new tooling costs for a limited production, end of run car, and if they did, this would have been mentioned in all their press releases. great looking car non-the-less.
Good point. Abcut mentioned it below, and I didn't know what to think, then the sales rep idependantly mentioned it tonight when I went to see the car. Could be he didn't know what he was talking about, I'll definitely check when I go to pick it up.
Old 08-06-2013, 06:54 AM

'16 CLS 63 S
Not sure how much the tooling costs would be. They sucked it up for the Black Series which was limited production. The 507 isn't limited production anyways, MB will make as many as needed to meet demand. I do agree with the press release statement. I'd have to see it in person next to a non-507. I really think it comes down to the lighting, and maybe the sticker plays with the eyes.
Old 08-06-2013, 11:14 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
'14 C63 "Edition 507"; '02 Widebody WS6 Trans Am ~ 1,200hp (kills everything)
The last thing the C63 needs is extended front wheel arches - I'm taking that effort to the rear *hint of things to come*
Old 08-06-2013, 12:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
507 SEDAN
Originally Posted by austinauflick
This. I called my dealer and specifically requested that no one drill into the car to mount a front plate and it's illegal in TX to not have a front plate; I'll pay the ticket, I'm sorry I just can't have one on that thing. Fortunately for your white sedan (my first choice in color), is it's polar white and doesn't have a fleck of metallic in it. So matching will be very close if not perfect. No chance to be seen by the naked eye. Mine now coming in obsidian, I feel I need to give a reminder to my dealer because if they have to repaint the front bumper to shave drill holes, me = not happy. More like super pissed.

~Austin

Ditto!! I have reminded my salesman at least 3 times already. And to what Austin said, I did reference that I understand it's a ticket and I'll deal with that, if it happens.

I cannot wait
Old 08-06-2013, 12:47 PM

'16 CLS 63 S
Isn't there a license plate attachment that can screw into the tow hook port? Yes, it does ruin the look of the car, but it doesn't do any permanent damage.

When I had my corvette in Texas I bought a special front license plate bracket that went in through the grill and attached where the front air spoilers attached to avoid drilling.
Old 08-06-2013, 12:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

507 SEDAN
Originally Posted by edwardsflight33
Isn't there a license plate attachment that can screw into the tow hook port? Yes, it does ruin the look of the car, but it doesn't do any permanent damage.

When I had my corvette in Texas I bought a special front license plate bracket that went in through the grill and attached where the front air spoilers attached to avoid drilling.
Yes there is. I have one and I believe it was from a company called "Roto-plate" or something. I still don't use mine. You can position the plate at many different angles, as it has an articulate arm. Anyway, still cuts into the look.

I have not run a plate on either of my C63's and never had an issue. I did receive a warning once, but it was in conjunction with a speeding ticket.

Either way, I'm not running a plate.
Old 08-06-2013, 01:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
C55 AMG, 300D-T & Karmann Ghia
Its the law in NorCal to have a front plate as well, but you see that anyone with a premium or enthusiast car will go without it. Bought mine from a local original owner and mine wasn't drilled for plates. It think the cops look the other way, otherwise they would be ticketing constantly here. I haven't been pulled over in my AMG for anything other than speed.
Old 08-06-2013, 01:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

507 SEDAN
Originally Posted by abcut973
Is it me or the rear wheel arch looks more extended than the usual sedan?
I mean at the bumper junction.
Originally Posted by Bardman
Good point. Abcut mentioned it below, and I didn't know what to think, then the sales rep idependantly mentioned it tonight when I went to see the car. Could be he didn't know what he was talking about, I'll definitely check when I go to pick it up.
Not sure how much the tooling costs would be. They sucked it up for the Black Series which was limited production. The 507 isn't limited production anyways, MB will make as many as needed to meet demand. I do agree with the press release statement. I'd have to see it in person next to a non-507. I really think it comes down to the lighting, and maybe the sticker plays with the eyes.
Here is clear and decisive proof that they did NOT flare the rear fender. (not that it's needed because there is no way in hell that MB would have gone through that just to issue an engine variation on the P31) It's just a regular C/C63 body from firewall back.

Look at the very first post about the youtube review. You do not need to play the video. Just look at the beginning screen shot. NOT flared at all, in any way.
Old 08-07-2013, 11:56 PM

C63 AMG 507 Edition
Another quick picture of mine from the dealer.

507 Sedan Reviewed-b3k37y9.jpg
Old 08-08-2013, 02:01 AM

'16 CLS 63 S
Kind of wish MB would have replaced the chrome strip above the license plate with a gloss black piece. I feel it would've tied it in a little better than having black pieces here and silver pieces there.

Either way, Bardman, if you don't want to break it in. Fly me to Melbourne and I'll do the hard work for you. Still looks good, but still hoping to see more pics when you get it in a few days.
Old 08-08-2013, 03:06 AM

C63 AMG 507 Edition
Kind of wish MB would have replaced the chrome strip above the license plate with a gloss black piece. I feel it would've tied it in a little better than having black pieces here and silver pieces there.
I don't mind that chrome strip. I think black there would be too much, maybe colour coded to the rest of the car (in this case white), would be best.

Either way, Bardman, if you don't want to break it in. Fly me to Melbourne and I'll do the hard work for you. Still looks good, but still hoping to see more pics when you get it in a few days.
Thats very generous of you...

Will definitely post more pics when I get the car.