PREMIUM SPONSOR

Received 77 Likes on 73 Posts
Mercedes C63S AMG (W205)
very nice!!
Old 08-07-2013, 02:01 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
C63 Coupe
Originally Posted by Chris420
Great write-up. Your car looks incredible and with those mods I'm sure it will perform just as good as it looks. Harry is a great guy and does exceptional work. Good to see another one of his customers on here.
Thank You ! It sure does car is a beast... Couldnt agree more Harry runs a Top notch shop
Old 08-07-2013, 02:03 PM

C63 Coupe
Originally Posted by Case1906
Ezec63--good job but when are you going to get serious about your mods?

Amazing activity. Is your front grill painted, wrapped or bought?
Give me a break man the car is 2012 I dont want to void the warranty just yet
The Grill is painted came out really nice but rock chips are an issue. I will replace it soon and get it painted again it looks much better painted when you see both (vinyl or paint) in person
Old 08-07-2013, 02:12 PM

C63 Coupe
Originally Posted by rage2

Awesome job, I have a few friends with C63's that suffer from the overheating issues when driven hard, I'll pass the details on over to them. Any more details on where it was mounted and which air duct was used to route air to the BS cooler? Thanks!
Sorry missed the second part of your post. Well the Non BS C63 has an oil cooler and transmission cooler as well they are just alot smaller than the black series coolers. These coolers are replaced in the same spot by the bigger black series coolers. You have to buy the associated brackets/lines from the black series as well if you need info on where to purchase PM me ill try to set it up. The black series also has an air duct on the bottom where the oil cooler sit that routes air up and through the oil cooler this also has to be purchased from the black series. The only thing is if you look at a BS they have a gap on there central lower bumper that lets more air in so the duct must be shaved and compressed a bit to fit on the smaller opening of the non BS C63.

The black series also has a different auxillary oil cooler. This is the cooler in the passenger side wheel well. It is usually activated once oil hits 140 degrees. On the Non BS its a bit smaller and has a fan that also kicks on on the Black Series its bigger and has no fan since AMG found the fan blocked airflow at high speeds. I did not replace my Aux. Oil cooler just the central main oil cooler and Central trans cooler. So as you would imagine the central cooler has a line that ties into the Aux. Oil cooler on the side so it can route oil that way once temps hit 240. Since i was using a BS Central Oil Cooler and a NON BS Aux. Cooler Harry had to make a custom line to connect the two together. He took the fittings of the BS Line that came with the kit and brought it to a Hydraulics Machine shop. He found the right length of line needed and removed the fittings off the BS line and got the hydraulic shop to press those fittings into the new custom length line. VOILA !
Old 08-07-2013, 04:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 43 Posts
C63 BS, GLA45
That's perfect, thanks! I think the parts dept can dig up all the parts numbers off the MB parts system.
Old 08-19-2013, 06:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63
would this fit on a MCT sedan? thanks, and about that special oil line, can it be pieced together with -AN fittings and stainless steel lines, since there is not readily available hydraulic shop around.
Old 06-12-2014, 04:56 PM

C63 Coupe
***UPDATE***

Hey guys just going to give a quick update on the progress of the car so I can keep an online journal See my first post for all previous modifications done to the car will post a few pictures.

This round of mods consisted of the following

Performance:
- Renntech Dual 82MM Throttle Bodies (Picked them up for a steal off of a friend of shop owner. They were on a E63 for 3K miles !)
- SpeedDriven Billet Trans Pan in anodized red finish
- Weistec MCT Valve Body Upgrade with corresponding TCU Tune (Picked up on black Friday for 30% off)
- Toyo R888 R compound tires in 245/35/19 F 265/30/19 Rear
- JL Motoring "Ram Air" CF Intake
- Carbonio CF Intake Boxes/ Engine Cover
- Agency Power 2.75" Mandrel Bent Valvetronic Exhaust
- Eurocharged V5 tune with extended now 7800 RPM !!
- Zeitronix Z2 Datalogger (Will use to custom street/dyno tune with Jerry)
- Renntech CF Front Strut Bar
- KW DDC Coilovers with W-Lan Module to change settings from iphone (Made to order from Germany so still waiting on shipment)

Cosmetics:
- 3M Satin Pearl White Wrap
- Redid all Gloss black trim to fix chips and bring back shine
- Revozport CF Side Skirts & Rear Skirts
- Mode Carbon CF Bootlid Spoiler
- Custom Black Alcantara seat inserts with contrasting white diamond stitching
- Custom Black Leather Inserts on seats to give some contrast to black alcantara in the middle
- DCT Motorsports Steering Wheel with Extra Thick side grips in black alcantara, white ring at 12'oclock, & white stitching.
- 507 Edition Black Alcantara Shift boot
- Extended CF interior trim from Matt (Amazing quality)
- Blinder 905 Laser Jammers
- Rear tail lights painted to outline pattern is asked for

Review: Will give a quick breakdown of parts with my thoughts

Combo of Renntech TB, AP Exhaust, Revozport "Scoops", Carbonio Intake Boxes and V5 tune with 7800 RPM redline

- Amazing ! This car was already a N/A beast with a great powerband all around. These mods improved throttle response significantly you breathe on the loud pedal and it just barks & takes off. Mid range has good noticeable improvements and you can feel the extra force pushing you back. Top End is where these all shine its on another level now in terms of F U pull on the highway never letting off and sending the speedo into over drive. The sounds is also incredible thanks mostly to the open valves of the AP + All the extra air being fed into the car the snap crackle and pops are insane. Throttle blips with V5 and this exhaust/header combo are down right scary will try to post vids in the coming days waiting on my gopro.

Weistec Valve Body/ TCU

Great very under estimated modification I haven't seen anyone else run this besides JRCart in his C63 BS. The MCT already has great upshift speeds but this noticeably improves them while giving that great feeling of a little kick while shifting. Also helps improve the lift of the trans as there isn't much clutch slip during shifts it just bangs them out. Downshifts with the V5 and this are amazing perfectly matched. The TCU updates also improves the slow response of paddles shifts to a degree. Still not a DCT in terms of response but ill take this + ability to hold almost 800 WHP stock anyday over a made out of glass m3 DCT

SpeedDriven Billet Pan -

Very impressed with the quality of this pan its a beautiful piece of machinery. Harry from Bergen Imports also agreed on the quality and said the fitment was spot on. The pan holds a bit over 1 quart more trans fluid than the stock pan and also has exterior cooling fins that help keep trans temps down. The combo of this plus my Black Series Coolers should keep temps in check through anything ill put it through and ive beat on it through some hot/humid conditions. The pan also has internal baffles to keep it from sloshing around

Toyo R888 -

Don't have to dig into these to much im sure most of you know & if not their are plenty of reviews on the web. Velcro Grip !!

Renntech CF Strut Bar -

Looks great in the engine bay next to the CF Intakes & Great Quality as expected from TUV Certified Renntech. I cant really pin point any specific gains in handling due to the r888's taking the lions share of credit. One thing I did notice was better steering response you move the steering wheel and the car just darts no pause or hesitation. That can also be partly attributed to the rock hard r888 side walls

Cosmetic:

Will just say all the parts were great quality & obviously I think they look great since I paid to have them installed LOL you guys can decide for yourself
Old 06-12-2014, 04:58 PM

C63 Coupe
Some pics
Attached Thumbnails C63 Coupe - BS Oil Coolers, MBH headers, Etc-apexhaust.jpg   C63 Coupe - BS Oil Coolers, MBH headers, Etc-cfintake2.jpg   C63 Coupe - BS Oil Coolers, MBH headers, Etc-r888.jpg   C63 Coupe - BS Oil Coolers, MBH headers, Etc-tcu-vb.jpg   C63 Coupe - BS Oil Coolers, MBH headers, Etc-throttlebody.jpg  

C63 Coupe - BS Oil Coolers, MBH headers, Etc-trans-pan.jpg  
Old 06-12-2014, 04:59 PM

C63 Coupe
More pics
Attached Thumbnails C63 Coupe - BS Oil Coolers, MBH headers, Etc-back.jpg   C63 Coupe - BS Oil Coolers, MBH headers, Etc-cf.jpg   C63 Coupe - BS Oil Coolers, MBH headers, Etc-front.jpg   C63 Coupe - BS Oil Coolers, MBH headers, Etc-fronttop.jpg   C63 Coupe - BS Oil Coolers, MBH headers, Etc-rearlux.jpg  

C63 Coupe - BS Oil Coolers, MBH headers, Etc-seatsoutofcar.jpg  
Old 06-12-2014, 05:02 PM

C63 Coupe
Attached Thumbnails C63 Coupe - BS Oil Coolers, MBH headers, Etc-seatsside.jpg   C63 Coupe - BS Oil Coolers, MBH headers, Etc-side-rear.jpg   C63 Coupe - BS Oil Coolers, MBH headers, Etc-side.jpg   C63 Coupe - BS Oil Coolers, MBH headers, Etc-steering-wheel.jpg   C63 Coupe - BS Oil Coolers, MBH headers, Etc-topnight.jpg  

Old 06-12-2014, 05:14 PM
PREMIUM SPONSOR

Mercedes C63S AMG (W205)
Love the setup!
Old 06-12-2014, 05:26 PM

C63 Coupe
Originally Posted by Lance@velosdesignwerks
Love the setup!

Hey Lance its Erol BTW I bought the KW DDC's from you
Old 06-12-2014, 05:30 PM
PREMIUM SPONSOR

Mercedes C63S AMG (W205)
Originally Posted by Ezec63
Hey Lance its Erol BTW I bought the KW DDC's from you
Yeah, i know haha. It's been so long since I've commented on the thread. Definitely one of my favorite C63's on the forum!
Old 06-12-2014, 05:37 PM

C63 Coupe
Originally Posted by Lance@velosdesignwerks
Yeah, i know haha. It's been so long since I've commented on the thread. Definitely one of my favorite C63's on the forum!
Totally forgot I PM'ed you from here before I bought the DDC lmao thought you didn't know my username. Oops ! Thanks bro appreciate it I know you've guys have done some sick c63's like that blue one
Old 06-12-2014, 10:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
'12 C63 Black Series, '12 ML350 BlueTech
Nice mods
Looks like you have a double X-pipe ?
Old 06-13-2014, 11:11 AM

C63 Coupe
Originally Posted by abcut973
Nice mods
Looks like you have a double X-pipe ?
Thanks bud !!!
Yes I originally had MBH headers, mids with x pipe to stock exhaust. Then I replaced with the AP Valved exhaust which has an x-pipe of it's own. I love the way the car sounds with the valves open screams. Will play around with doing H pipe or straight pipe with one of the X's later down the road
Old 06-13-2014, 08:30 PM

C63 Coupe
Quick iphone video I recorded showing the V5 blips the sounds insane in person ....
Old 06-13-2014, 09:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 369 Likes on 184 Posts
C63 AMG
First and foremost -

This car is immaculate, your attention to detail is impeccable buddy.

Love EVERYTHING!! Congrats on an amazing machine.
Old 06-14-2014, 04:03 AM

C63 Coupe
Originally Posted by Kriston
First and foremost -

This car is immaculate, your attention to detail is impeccable buddy.

Love EVERYTHING!! Congrats on an amazing machine.
Hehe thanks brother I appreciate the kind words ! It's been a lot of trial and error but this car is exactly where I want it to be now. Will be holding onto this one forever something special about these cars just pushes all the right buttons for me & gets my heart rate going like nothing else can.
Old 06-14-2014, 09:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 370 Likes on 212 Posts
c63
Originally Posted by Ezec63
Hehe thanks brother I appreciate the kind words ! It's been a lot of trial and error but this car is exactly where I want it to be now. Will be holding onto this one forever something special about these cars just pushes all the right buttons for me & gets my heart rate going like nothing else can.
Sick sick sick sick sick car congrats man I love everything you have done

1 question I want to ask the limiter set to 7800 how do you like it??

Is it safe?? Have you done anything to the valve train or anything??
Old 06-14-2014, 04:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'13 CLS63 PP
The sound of the upshift is noticeable. Is that from TCU tune or V5 tune ? because you said V5 blip sound from what I know tune doesn't make any difference to the transmission maybe limiter. Probably from the TCU ? I'm a bit confused and looking to tune my MCT TCU soon
Old 06-29-2014, 02:16 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
CLK63 AMG Black Series
very nicely done. one of my favs
Old 06-29-2014, 05:07 AM

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts
2014 C63 AMG 507 sedan
Best build

This has got to be one of the best build threads on here. The part selection is on point, with great attention to detail. You've addressed all the weak points on the car. Awesome!
Old 06-29-2014, 05:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
Great write up. U car looks to be a beast .
You coming to Poconos the 11th?
Old 06-30-2014, 09:28 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 Diamond White C63 Coupe
What a beast and an amazing write up!

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: C63 Coupe - BS Oil Coolers, MBH headers, Etc