C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Wheel Offset Question...How to go larger but maintain factory spec?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 05:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wheel Offset Question...How to go larger but maintain factory spec?

I have a 2008 w219 CLS 63 AMG

The Factory Wheels and offset are

Front 19x8.5 Offset 25

Rear 19x9.5 Offset 28

I want to upgrade to 20" but maintain a factory spec offset.. In other words, I want the larger rims to still disribute weight on the hub the same way the factory sits.. I dont care about looks or how flush to the panel and im not a fan of spacers. Id like to maintain stock suspension dynamics when it comes to how the hub sits centered in the wheel so no added stress on the hub or bearings..

For a

Front 20x9
Rear 20x10.5

Can anyone give me an idea of what offset would equal factory spec alignment of the hub and wheel?
Old 08-23-2013, 06:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2014 E63S Wagon
offset doesn't affect alignment.

if you want it to look the same, then get the same width and offset. Since you want to run wider wheels/tires, you should likely get a more aggressive offset so your wheels don't hit the suspension parts.

using an offset calculator will tell you how much inner/outter clearance you gain/lose by changing your wheel width/offset.

I generally like using this one: http://www.1010tires.com/Tools/Wheel-Offset-Calculator

play around with the numbers and have fun.
Old 08-24-2013, 12:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 846 Likes on 594 Posts
E63S | X5
Honestly, with a 20x9 and a 20x10.5 if I were you I'd care about the way the wheel aligns with the fender. I would want something flush.

Those sizes don't seem unreasonable and I would look at how the wheel sits now and lets just say for the sake of argument you want the wheel to come out 1cm (10mm) to be flush. Then go to that link noodleman posted, play with numbers, and you'll get a desired offset.

Or, better yet, find a wheel setup you've seen before that you like and call the manufacturer and ask about it.