C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Supercharger Options for C63 AMG Edition 507

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-30-2013, 06:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63 AMG 507 Edition
Originally Posted by Weistec
Hello 507in2013 please feel free to contact us if you need any extra information on our supercharger systems. We would be happy to discuss the different options and what best fits your needs. We have also installed our Stage 2 supercharger system on a 507 in the states and it is an absolute blast to drive! Thanks!

Weistec Engineering
I'm particularly interested in the before/after dyno results, and how these compared to other c63s.
Old 09-30-2013, 06:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG Edition 507 Coupe
Originally Posted by Weistec
Hello 507in2013 please feel free to contact us if you need any extra information on our supercharger systems. We would be happy to discuss the different options and what best fits your needs. We have also installed our Stage 2 supercharger system on a 507 in the states and it is an absolute blast to drive! Thanks!

Weistec Engineering
Thanks for the offer. I already emailed Weistec directly with my query. I would like to understand first how will the car behave in the standard trim. then, i think will be time to consider options. Looks like Performance Centre is the only authorised dealer to install Weistec equipment. If i do decide to go ahead, it will be either S1 or S2.
Old 09-30-2013, 07:54 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
'14 C63 "Edition 507"; '02 Widebody WS6 Trans Am ~ 1,200hp (kills everything)
wiestec - please email me the same information. I've been stalking your webpage...
Old 09-30-2013, 11:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Weistec all the way! They stand behind their product. Everything is designed in-house and nearly everything they offer for sale is built in-house. Everything they offer has been extensively road and track tested long before it is ever offered to the public. They hold all the records for the M156/M159 motors, 60-130, 1/8th mile, 1/4 mile, standing 1/2 mile, rolling 1/2 mile and standing 1 mile top speed events. The owners are enthusiest's and make themselves available to customers. Great company great product, I have two of their SC's and a third being installed on my SLS BS in a week or so.
Old 09-30-2013, 04:56 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 29 Likes on 10 Posts
Weistec
Originally Posted by Bardman
I'm particularly interested in the before/after dyno results, and how these compared to other c63s.
Hello Bardman, we have before/after dyno graphs on our website. Please see images below. Please let us know which system in particular you are interested in and we can get you more detailed information on this.

The MCT transmission equipped C63's (2012- present, 507, Black Series) typically make a bit more power at the wheels than the 7G torque converter equipped C63's. After a customer installs our supercharger system, all the vehicles are very close in power. We hope this helps.

Originally Posted by 507in2013
Thanks for the offer. I already emailed Weistec directly with my query. I would like to understand first how will the car behave in the standard trim. then, i think will be time to consider options. Looks like Performance Centre is the only authorised dealer to install Weistec equipment. If i do decide to go ahead, it will be either S1 or S2.
Thank you for the email! Please let us know how we can assist from here.

Originally Posted by austinauflick
wiestec - please email me the same information. I've been stalking your webpage...
Hello austinauflick, please PM us your contact information and we will be happy to send you further information. Thanks!

Last edited by Weistec; 09-30-2013 at 05:00 PM.
Old 10-01-2013, 01:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 370 Likes on 212 Posts
c63
I'm getting one of these in the new year when u have ur sale on
Old 10-01-2013, 08:39 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
(a)'12 C63 P/P, LSD, 19" m/spoke,comfort pack. (b)Astra SRI.
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by mr747
I'm getting one of these in the new year when u have ur sale on
Mate, that will be awesome.....Who is going to fit that for you?
Cheers, Pickles.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c63
I will either get evolve or chasers motor works to do as

Any shop with knowledge can do this as long as Weistec can support them if any issues arise
Old 10-02-2013, 04:55 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
(a)'12 C63 P/P, LSD, 19" m/spoke,comfort pack. (b)Astra SRI.
Question

I will either get evolve or chasers motor works to do as

Any shop with knowledge can do this as long as Weistec can support them if any issues arise
"Any Shop"?....I disagree 100%.
You are a LLLOOONNNGGG way from Wiestec in Aus, and indeed any comprehensive knowledge of supercharger expertise on an M156.
I suggest you be VVVEEERRRYYY sure that whoever does this level of "enhancement" on your M156, REALLY knows (not only in their own mind) EXACTLY what they are doing, or you most certainly will, "Pay" the price....bigtime.
Cheers, Pickles.
Old 10-02-2013, 05:18 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Pickles
"Any Shop"?....I disagree 100%.
You are a LLLOOONNNGGG way from Wiestec in Aus, and indeed any comprehensive knowledge of supercharger expertise on an M156.
I suggest you be VVVEEERRRYYY sure that whoever does this level of "enhancement" on your M156, REALLY knows (not only in their own mind) EXACTLY what they are doing, or you most certainly will, "Pay" the price....bigtime.
Cheers, Pickles.

Brad, I have to agree with Pickles on this one.

Your not playing with a cheap toy, at $100k, the last thing you want to do is ruin the car.

Heck, if it means shipping your car to Sydney to Ramspeed and getting them to do the installation and shipping it back then it may be worth it.

But in saying that I know Evolve Technik are Kleemann distributors so they may have worked on M156 superchargers before.
Old 10-02-2013, 05:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c63
Charlie to my knowledge evolve haven't done one but yes they are distributes for kleeman

I think I better explain myself a little better

Evolve have had a lot of experience with euro cars just cause they haven't charged a c63 doesn't mean theya re not fit to do it

They have supercharged a m3 but not a c63 does that mean they are not fit to do the job??

I trust evolve to do it

It's a bolt on super charger just like a capa charger or a vortec charger the princeables are the same
Old 10-02-2013, 07:48 AM

Charlie to my knowledge evolve haven't done one but yes they are distributes for kleeman

Evolve have had a lot of experience with euro cars just cause they haven't charged a c63 doesn't mean theya re not fit to do it

They have supercharged a m3 but not a c63 does that mean they are not fit to do the job??

I trust evolve to do it

It's a bolt on super charger just like a capa charger or a vortec charger the princeables are the same
Greetings,
call me paranoid, but when i am ready to do the work on my C63 i will only do it with the authorised Weistec technician. From what i can tell Performance Centre in Artarmon is the only one listed on Weistec's website. Mind you, by the time i get my s*&^t sorted out there will be probably few more (which would be nice to have a competitive choice). I just would hate myself if something went pear shape with the job being done by anybody else. This is by no means a comment on the technical capabilities of other companies. I am sure they know what they're doing. it's just a level of personal insurance piece of mind for me...
Old 10-02-2013, 05:28 PM

C63 AMG

I trust evolve to do it

You will never know how fit someone is to do a job until they have done it and you can test it out. I am no mechanic, and I have never tried to fit a supercharger, but I do know that no two systems are built the same. I dont know the Evolve mob in Melbourne and I havent seen their work so I cant comment on how knowledgeable they are, but maybe have a word to them when the time comes just to make sure they are confident they know what they are doing.

Originally Posted by 507in2013
Greetings,
call me paranoid, but when i am ready to do the work on my C63 i will only do it with the authorised Weistec technician. From what i can tell Performance Centre in Artarmon is the only one listed on Weistec's website. Mind you, by the time i get my s*&^t sorted out there will be probably few more (which would be nice to have a competitive choice). I just would hate myself if something went pear shape with the job being done by anybody else. This is by no means a comment on the technical capabilities of other companies. I am sure they know what they're doing. it's just a level of personal insurance piece of mind for me...
I believe Ramspeed in Sydney is also an authorised distributor, they have installed quite a few C63 superchargers, a mix of Weistec & Kleemann/Xtra Power.

Ramspeed have done all my work and they are excellent. Their attention to detail is great!
Old 10-02-2013, 07:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts
C63 AMG
Any competent euro mechanic should have no problems at all installing the blower.

I did the install myself and it is pretty straight forward. There is detailed instructions that lead you step by step.
Old 10-02-2013, 07:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c63
Originally Posted by charliekay
You will never know how fit someone is to do a job until they have done it and you can test it out. I am no mechanic, and I have never tried to fit a supercharger, but I do know that no two systems are built the same. I dont know the Evolve mob in Melbourne and I havent seen their work so I cant comment on how knowledgeable they are, but maybe have a word to them when the time comes just to make sure they are confident they know what they are doing.

I believe Ramspeed in Sydney is also an authorised distributor, they have installed quite a few C63 superchargers, a mix of Weistec & Kleemann/Xtra Power.

Ramspeed have done all my work and they are excellent. Their attention to detail is great!
Originally Posted by Merc63
Any competent euro mechanic should have no problems at all installing the blower.

I did the install myself and it is pretty straight forward. There is detailed instructions that lead you step by step.

I agree Charlie

I think ramspeed are dealers for kleeman but not weistec
Old 10-02-2013, 08:38 PM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Merc63

Thats good to know, thanks. How did you tune the ECU yourself? Or did you send the ECU to Weistec for tuning while they were doing the TCU and tranny upgrade?

I agree Charlie

I think ramspeed are dealers for kleeman but not weistec
Not sure, though Weistec products are on their website. Plus it doesnt both me, I know they have done at least 3 Weistec systems and alot of Kleemann so they know what they are doing.
Old 10-02-2013, 09:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Vath ML63 Brabus C63 SL63 CLK63BS C63BS
Ramspeed can do either install
Old 10-03-2013, 02:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 101 Likes on 50 Posts
09 C63
Are any Aussie super charged owners using a custom tune? Or a box tune that comes with the set up?
Old 10-03-2013, 09:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by RNS-11Z
Are any Aussie super charged owners using a custom tune? Or a box tune that comes with the set up?
I can not speak for the Kleemann tune but there were a couple of guys that had other "tuners" put so called "upgraded" FI tunes on their Weistec blowers and had nothing but problems with the "upgraded" tunes. Weistec is one of the premier M156 ECU tuners in the market today even when talking about NA tunes so it would be hard to think anyone else would be able to come up with a better FI tune than they are already offering. The tune Wesitec sells with their kits makes big power and is safe and proven. Would you rather run a tune written by Weistec who has hundreds of hours of dyno time and data, hundreds of 1/4 mile drag strip pass data and thousands of miles of real world road testing data under their belt and at their finger tips or some tuner that might have seen one or two SC'ed M156's roll through their shop? There's a reason Weistec owns every M156 record on the books, you would be a fool to go with anyone else.
Old 10-05-2013, 01:08 AM

I think the additional benefit of such comparison on the same dyno, would be a better understanding of the resultant power loss coefficient (nominal bhp to whp).
Old 04-03-2014, 10:42 PM

BMW X5, BMW M Coupe
There are many workshops that can install a supercharger kit, doesn't have to be the "dealer".
Old 10-16-2015, 03:01 AM

C63 AMG 6.3L IPE
OK if anyone is still reading this old thread... I'm looking to supercharge my C63 w204 coupe with a Weistec, Stage II as I have already had an exhaust upgrade.
Can anyone advise as to what it feels like to drive with a Weistec supercharger upgrade and whether it's woth the money considering driving in Sydney is so speed restricted

Cheers to any responders
Old 10-16-2015, 08:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c63
Since you are in sydney maybe Charlie Kay can take you for a drive

Let me tell you it's like nothing else so much torque
Old 11-01-2015, 06:08 PM

C63 AMG 6.3L IPE
Update for all,

I saw Charliekay's car do QM on video ... convincing is an understatement. Not my story to tell so I'll leave it for Charlie but OMG OMG OMFG
So I got my quote and I'm about to pull the trigger.
I can't wait