Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carbonio AMG63 Promo: 4 MBWorld Members Only

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 12:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML 500, Audi A4 3.0
Do you guys feel any noticeable difference in acceleration? Hoping the purported 20HP and similar TQ figures are felt. Any thoughts? Was thinking of a tune, but since I'm going to buy an ext warranty, I decided to only do bolt ons...
Old 10-17-2013, 07:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 370 Likes on 212 Posts
c63
Just ordered mine

I have afe filters can I use them still
Old 10-17-2013, 09:31 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
mbworld
Originally Posted by quadexhaust
Do you guys feel any noticeable difference in acceleration? Hoping the purported 20HP and similar TQ figures are felt. Any thoughts? Was thinking of a tune, but since I'm going to buy an ext warranty, I decided to only do bolt ons...
With the kind of power an AMG63 puts down it would be an optimistic lie to say that you feel a kick in the pants difference from installing the intake. That said there is a very noticeable increase in the engine's willingness to come up to speed especially under load. The engine just feels 'happier' while accelerating and pulls out of medium to high speed corners with greater ease. I hope this helps.
Old 10-17-2013, 09:32 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

mbworld
Originally Posted by mr747
Just ordered mine

I have afe filters can I use them still
Of course you can still use the AFE filters if you choose. The K&N's we provide can make for your spares or as a nice karma gift to a fellow AMG63 owner.
Old 10-17-2013, 06:52 PM

C63 AMG
I felt no difference.
Old 10-17-2013, 10:20 PM

E63 AMG
I am having a hard time getting the MAF sensors to fit snugly into the carbon fiber airboxes. Anyone else have this problem?
Old 10-17-2013, 11:02 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Raddoc
I am having a hard time getting the MAF sensors to fit snugly into the carbon fiber airboxes. Anyone else have this problem?
You should have some rubber seals on the inside of the OEM airbox where the MAF sensor goes in. I reused the ones on the OEM box, pushed the MAF sensor in tight and tightened the allen key screw all the way down.

Fitted it this morning. Looks great and great quality.

Old 10-17-2013, 11:17 PM

E63 AMG
Originally Posted by charliekay
You should have some rubber seals on the inside of the OEM airbox where the MAF sensor goes in. I reused the ones on the OEM box, pushed the MAF sensor in tight and tightened the allen key screw all the way down.

Fitted it this morning. Looks great and great quality.

I used the rubber gaskets... still won't fit flush/snug. Also, I didn't have an oval shaped depression to trim off, did you? I am putting this in my E63, so maybe there is a slight difference... and I got the wrong one?

Can you send an up-close picture of the MAF sensor in the CF airbox? Thanks
Old 10-18-2013, 12:04 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
S550 on order
Mine was shipped today...can't wait to install it..it looks great charlie...Spoke to Mark today and he was very helpful and knowledgeable I appreciate it! I'll post pictures once it's installed.
Old 10-18-2013, 12:19 AM

C63 AMG
I used the rubber gaskets... still won't fit flush/snug. Also, I didn't have an oval shaped depression to trim off, did you? I am putting this in my E63, so maybe there is a slight difference... and I got the wrong one?

Can you send an up-close picture of the MAF sensor in the CF airbox? Thanks
Here is the close up. You can see that the MAF sensor fits well in the new airbox, not sure if it is different on the E63 but I thought they were identical.

Originally Posted by avery.whss
Mine was shipped today...can't wait to install it..it looks great charlie...Spoke to Mark today and he was very helpful and knowledgeable I appreciate it! I'll post pictures once it's installed.
Thanks mate. The hardest part was removing the MAF sensors, once you know how to do that the rest is very easy.

I would recommend unscrewing and lifting out the airboxes while the MAF sensors are still in, it makes it easier to get to the clip at the bottom of the MAF sensors. Once the silver clips are popped out, the rest is just screws, clips and the hose clamp.
Old 10-18-2013, 01:04 AM

C63 AMG
I had the same problem. It did not fit also. I had to cut a tip on the sensor.
Old 10-18-2013, 09:12 AM

E63 AMG
Originally Posted by carlostossuniam
I had the same problem. It did not fit also. I had to cut a tip on the sensor.
You cut the tip of the sensor shorter? I think I need to carve out the opening in the airbox to allow the sensor to fit in....
Old 10-18-2013, 10:34 AM

C63 AMG
You cut the tip of the sensor shorter? I think I need to carve out the opening in the airbox to allow the sensor to fit in....
That is the tip I had to cut off.
Attached Thumbnails Carbonio AMG63 Promo: 4 MBWorld Members Only-foto-1.jpg  
Old 10-18-2013, 10:37 AM

C63 AMG
As you can see it is not a perfect OEM fit. Besides this little tip, it was very hard to fit the sensor in the airbox opening.
Old 10-18-2013, 11:01 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

mbworld
Just to give you guys a background on the Quality Control (QC) that we do. Before any kit goes out we trial fit an OEM MAF sensor to ensure that it slides in properly.

The pin shown in the image by carlostossuniam is not present in our test sensor and having investigated this with Mercedes it appears as though that pin is present in newer moldings of the sensor and serves only the purpose of acting as an indexing pin to the plastic airbox lid. Trimming this pin off is in NO WAY PROBLEMATIC and we will make revisions to the instructions to reflect this.

Way to go MBWorld users for showing us this change

A few other notes on fitting the sensor:

1. The small M3 Allen head screw is a set screw meant to hold the sensor in place. You are to stop turning it when it is tight and NOT when the end of the screw is flush with the carbon. Do not just keep cranking on it when it is tight!

2. The sensor does not need to be pushed right to the point where the plastic lip of the sensor is resting against the carbon. You just want to ensure that the rubber gasket on the MAF is seating well to make a good seal. Sometimes the OEM MAF gasket is a little deformed over time or the fit is a little off so we do include die cut foam gaskets in each kit to replace the OEM ones offering an increased level of sealing.

Hopefully this helps out any users who have struggled and thanks again to everyone who has taken part of this deal. We are well past half way of our allotted promotional inventory for MB World users. For those sitting on the fence come to the dark side and join in on some carbon goodness for you AMG63
Old 10-18-2013, 05:25 PM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by carlostossuniam
That is the tip I had to cut off.
Be careful when putting the airboxes back in you put the MAF sensor the same way they came out.

There are 2 reasons I can think that you had problems putting the MAF sensor back in.

1. You had the MAF sensor in the wrong way. The MAF sensor goes in a different way on each side. See in this image how each side goes in different.

2. The allen head screw was stopping the MAF sensor going in properly. Unwind the allen head screw all the way then try again.

Hope this helps.

Charlie
Old 10-23-2013, 04:42 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
W211 E500 Estate
We have sold a number of these and love them. Thanks to Carbonio for dropping the price and allowing us to partake in the MB World Special.
Old 10-25-2013, 06:29 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

mbworld
We have listened to our customers and offered more comprehensive install instructions for our performance airbox kit. They can be found at:

http://carbonio.com/performance/bran...airboxkit.html

Click on the wrench at the bottom of the page to be directed to the PDF file

Lastly as a means of thanking the MBWorld crowd who helped contribute to improving our product, I convinced the powers that be here to release a few more intakes to the MBWorld promotional pile that is part of this one time offer. This way some more forum members will be able to take part in this deal because of some other members that were generous with their time.
Old 10-25-2013, 06:33 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
S550 on order
Originally Posted by Carbonio
We have listened to our customers and offered more comprehensive install instructions for our performance airbox kit. They can be found at:

http://carbonio.com/performance/bran...airboxkit.html

Click on the wrench at the bottom of the page to be directed to the PDF file

Lastly as a means of thanking the MBWorld crowd who helped contribute to improving our product, I convinced the powers that be here to release a few more intakes to the MBWorld promotional pile that is part of this one time offer. This way some more forum members will be able to take part in this deal because of some other members that were generous with their time.

Stand up company! Good job and thanks for listening to your customers...something not many businesses seem to do anymore...kudos...keep up the great work...I'll post pics of mine once I get the star installed on the front piece...it looks great and I recommend
Old 11-13-2013, 11:29 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

mbworld
We have been away from the forum for a couple of weeks but there are still 2 left at the promotional price and then it is back to retail
Old 11-18-2013, 12:13 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

mbworld
All sold out of promotional inventory. Thank you to the MB World members who took part in the discount.