C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

How Much Are You Spending....

Old 10-15-2013, 12:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML63 AMG
How Much Are You Spending....

Hey guys,

Been silently reading here for a while as I'm considering a 2010+ C63. While I've seen all of your positive reviews, my problem is that I'm going to buy it from the US and ship it to Tanzania thus voiding its warranty. (Oh and our Benz dealership do not sell warranties).

So my question to you guys is - how much are you spending on your car's repairs/maintenance, in or outside of warranty ?

Thanks for any info guys.
Old 10-15-2013, 01:00 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
S550 on order
I bought my C63 about 6 months ago now and put around 10,000 hard KM on it...Besides the intake manifold (it was shot before I even bought the car so not an issue I created) the car has been amazing..no issues at all..I mean besides Gas and tires..which is a common thing with these cars...it's actually not that expensive to own...I owned a 90's japanese import before this and that was way more expensive to maintain because it'd always break down.

Theres an article I think about a guy with 300,000KM on his C63 and only had to do the regular stuff...Don't worry about the headbolt issue..from what I read and understand it isn't very common at all.

Also people don't realize 80% of keeping a car in good condition is just keeping the fluids topped up and fresh...I use to work in a auto shop and seriously 70% of people on the road who came in either had oil that was burnt to **** or tramission fluid that was shot or something else..and they'd wonder why the car is falling apart.
Old 10-15-2013, 01:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
360 Modena TT
why not buy my monster
Old 10-16-2013, 04:02 AM

C63, 335i
Well Mercedes parts do carry a premium over lets say parts for a Honda Accord but if you have an independent shop do the work or do it yourself, then you can save a lot of the labor cost.

So far the only mechanical problem I've had with the car is the headbolt issue which was fixed under warranty. Everything else has been working fine. I change the oil every 5K miles and did the transmission and rear LSD at 40K. Recently had the rear brakes and rotors replaced and the front ones are due soon also. The 2 piece rotors are more expensive but are lighter. Unless you are tracking the car or driving it hard, it shouldn't make a difference in everyday driving or be too noticeable. Maintenance isn't too bad on this car, the only problem is that it destroys my rear tires too fast although I do have a lot of fun in the process
Old 10-16-2013, 10:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML63 AMG
How often do you guys go through tires ? I realize it depends on how you drive, but assuming you have a little fun once in a while; how often are you changing you tires ?
Old 10-16-2013, 10:51 AM

C63, 335i
I'm currently running the Michelin PSS and they last 12-15K depending on how much freeway driving vs local driving I do.