Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Very Very Low C63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 12:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E46 M3, '09 C63
I personally would not want the car dropped down to the floor like that, even when parked. Just doesn't look right to me. I can see why it looks cool, but just doesn't look right. For me the perfect stance is that of a 997 GT3RS on Pilot Sport Cup tires...just by looking at it, you know it will perform!

Another thing I noticed with air suspension on OEM cars, both MB and Porsche, is that it feels weird if you go through a hump fast. Like something get's loose under there. It has its unique feeling (not good one), that you don't get in a traditional spring. Otherwise, in all other conditions, it is perfect, and you wouldn't even know (at least for me) you were on bags.

I wonder if Accuair has the same sensation. So far I've felt this in all bagged cars I've driven, so I assume it is normal behavior.

For me, I like it on big SUVs...the ability to rise to the occasion is perfect, and lower for convenience, allows me to overlook its negative side. Also, I think there is still a lot of development that is being done with these systems, and it will get better...so I am not shutting the door on it, just yet.
Old 10-23-2013, 01:24 AM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
SOLD W203..CURRENTLY DRIVING W211
Tooooooo lowww !!! ALL SHOW NO GO !!!!
Old 10-23-2013, 07:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 377 Likes on 188 Posts
C63 AMG
Like everything in life, there are pro's and cons.

Pros of bags - Adjustable ride height at a whim and various other ride adjustments based on the kit.

Disadvantages - Leaky bags after a while, uncomfortable ride (this is relative to the type of kit) and of course extra weight for the compressors / tanks etc.

This is definitely a show and no go mod.

Whatever floats your boat I guess.
Kris
Old 10-23-2013, 10:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2014 E63S Wagon
our cars weren't light to begin with, so the weight isn't as much of an issue imo.

ride quality and how well behaved the suspension is would be important though.
Old 10-23-2013, 11:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG
I don't get it. Air is nothing new... been popular for years.

I just wouldn't ever want my car to look like this parked. Love it or Hate it type of thing I guess...