C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

2014 C63 - is this a good price?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2013, 08:52 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2017 S550, 2017 C63S, 2019 Raptor
Saw the eBay car and it seemed like list. If I could get a left over for 10kmoff is do it. I see edmunds TMV shows below dealer cost on 13 cars.
Old 11-16-2013, 10:55 AM
___

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GTI
3 weeks later

Hi guys,

So it's been three weeks... This being my first factory order ever, I'm not sure what the dealer should already be able to give me at this point.
Should I have a build date by now? A VIN? An ETA already?
All I know is, they had said 60-90 days, and today they said "yeah well it's going to be 90 because if you read the news you'll see MB is backed up" and they are yet to even charge my card for the deposit...

I just want to know the facts about how things should be going - for all I know what they're saying is legit, but I'm too impatient to not make sure they're being as diligent as they possibly can be.

Thanks again for the help and the info!
Old 11-16-2013, 11:30 AM

2017 Dodge Viper GTC, 2014 C63 AMG (gone), 2014 GL450
Originally Posted by ___
Hi guys,

So it's been three weeks... This being my first factory order ever, I'm not sure what the dealer should already be able to give me at this point.
Should I have a build date by now? A VIN? An ETA already?
All I know is, they had said 60-90 days, and today they said "yeah well it's going to be 90 because if you read the news you'll see MB is backed up" and they are yet to even charge my card for the deposit...

I just want to know the facts about how things should be going - for all I know what they're saying is legit, but I'm too impatient to not make sure they're being as diligent as they possibly can be.

Thanks again for the help and the info!
IDK what the right procedure is, but I tried to order one this year as well. After 3 weeks the status was unchanged "not yet reviewed". My dealer told me they had to wait for a build slot to open up before it would be reviewed and given a build date. But they didn't know how long that would be. I decided to keep looking nationwide for any near matches and fortunately I found one. It was far away but shipping isn't a big deal. I had it within a week.

Good luck.
Old 11-16-2013, 01:25 PM
___

GTI
Thanks for the response PkB2014!

You mention something about a "not yet reviewed", does anyone know what the next status is after that? I basically want to ask my dealer whether I've reached that next step or not...
Old 11-20-2013, 02:09 PM

c63
Originally Posted by Homie C63
+10000000 to lighting package! I don't know how an AMG can drive around with orange lights.... mb shouldve made xenons standard on AMGs. There are so much discounts you can get on c63s right now. I know a lot of people getting 10+ grand off right now. I bought mine used with 5-6000 miles at 81k MSRP. It was priced at 69k. I got it for 61k. Almost every option. Dealers need to get rid of these for space for the new CLA and upcoming new C models. x_x
Bro, 61K including the tax?

I looking for a coupe right now. I found a dealer have a 2013 COUPE 4K miles with almost the whole packages. they asking for 6.5K. I want to

take it by 5.5K including the tx, Is that possible?
Old 11-20-2013, 02:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 Barolo red C63 AMG (SOLD).13' P31 c63 coupe 2012 porsche panamera
I got my '13 coupe in white with red/black interior back in march full option, every package that comes on a c63, p31, 66,700 from a dealer in Pennsylvania. MSRP was 86,000.

Edit: oh yeah it had 736 miles on it, and im sure you can get a better deal than that easily. Most dealers are trying hard to get rid of inventory.

Last edited by MaroonC63; 11-20-2013 at 02:29 PM.
Old 11-20-2013, 05:59 PM
___

GTI
Yeah ok I think I'll add those xenon lights to my build... Talk about peer pressure ;-)!
In the meantime, I'm still not hearing anything back from my dealer, really not sure how to get them to tell me where things are really at but I don't like how they're keeping me in the dark, seems to me they don't want to tell me I'm going to have to wait for a long long time...
Old 11-21-2013, 01:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'16 GTS Solar
Man you guys have really got me thinking about ordering new from the factory...I've been trying to find a 12/13 white/classic red sedan fully loaded but they are nowhere to be found.

Are dealers really handing out discounts like that? Used low mileage sedans with anything resembling what I want are all asking for $63K or better.

How do you know how far you can push the dealers on discounts, new or used?
Old 11-28-2013, 08:01 AM

C55 / S550 / Lexus IS300 (sold) / C63 (Sold) / SL500 (Sold) / Lambo Gallardo (RIP)
Originally Posted by ___
Yeah ok I think I'll add those xenon lights to my build... Talk about peer pressure ;-)!
In the meantime, I'm still not hearing anything back from my dealer, really not sure how to get them to tell me where things are really at but I don't like how they're keeping me in the dark, seems to me they don't want to tell me I'm going to have to wait for a long long time...
let us know how u like em. Guarantee you will be glad u got em once u notice every day.
Old 11-28-2013, 09:03 AM

C63 AMG 507
Originally Posted by ___

If the dealer hasn't given you a month and decade (week) for your car and a PO, you don't have a car.

They should have shown you their allocation, what week the car is slated to be built, allowed you to order, charged your card and then given you the order form with the PO after the build was adjusted. That's how it went down for me about two weeks ago.

From the outside, sounds like you don't have a car. Could be TOTALLY wrong..Just sayin'
Old 12-07-2013, 06:25 PM
___

GTI
CLA45 it is...

Originally Posted by bbg94
If the dealer hasn't given you a month and decade (week) for your car and a PO, you don't have a car.

They should have shown you their allocation, what week the car is slated to be built, allowed you to order, charged your card and then given you the order form with the PO after the build was adjusted. That's how it went down for me about two weeks ago.

From the outside, sounds like you don't have a car. Could be TOTALLY wrong..Just sayin'

Actually, you were totally right! I finally threw a fit and got them to admit that they had done exactly nothing in the two months that I thought I had ordered the car. So today they said the earliest they could get it to me was April...
In the meantime, I had had time to consider the CLA45... And that's what I just placed an order for. Did not get as good of a deal (2.8% off MSRP) but with that new a car that's to be expected.
This time things went down just like you said: I have a PO number and their allocation has been changed to my build. Mid-May delivery though...

There are a couple threads over in the CLA section about CLA45 vs C63. Here's what it boiled down to for me (car will be my DD):
- I much prefer the styling of the CLA
- C is old and on its way out, CLA is new
- CLA plenty fast if not as fast
- CLA is 4WD (I live in Chicago)
- CLA way less scary in terms of maintenance cost
- mpg
- $10k less
Of course the one big thing that I'm still having troubles accepting is renouncing that V8 go and growl + I hate that CLA does not have keyless go, but still in the end I believe it was the right decision for me.

BEST OF ALL OF COURSE: Xenon is included so you guys can stop worrying about an AMG running on halogens ;-)!!

Thanks all for the advice and see you in the CLA45 section for more details and stories of my car, the wait begins...

Last edited by ___; 12-07-2013 at 06:36 PM. Reason: fixed % off MSRP
Old 10-27-2014, 11:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 401 Likes on 279 Posts
W463 G550 / C190 GTC //prev: W204 C63 507 / R170
Dude.. I can't believe you went for the CLA instead of the C63.

The V8 is considered a "masterpiece" by every auto journalist and will never come back.
Old 10-28-2014, 11:20 AM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
2014 C63 507, 2012 R350
You did drive the C63, right?

My mum has a CLA250 and it is a neat car, the CLA45 is a heck of a car, but a very different car from what you were looking at.

Either way, enjoy your AMG!