C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

adding 997pkg (distronic plus)

Old 10-28-2013, 05:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts
'15 T&C & '14 SL63
adding 997pkg (distronic plus)

Can the 997 package (Distronic Plus, active blind spot assist, active lane keeping assist) be dealer installed on a 507 that has the 993pkg (blind spot and lane assist) from the factory?

If so, would it be no big deal... or major surgery (ie maybe not the best idea)?

Normally, I'd want to order it my way, but these bad boys suddenly got in very short supply!

Thanks!
Old 10-28-2013, 08:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 Dodge Viper GTC, 2014 C63 AMG (gone), 2014 GL450
So basically the only major missing component is the dynamic cruise that can brake to a stop and the active collision avoidance that pre brakes to reduce collision impact. I wouldn't want to add something like that as a dealer install option. Seems risky to me. They told me they couldn't add memory/power driver seat at the dealer so I wouldn't expect them to add something so life critical.
Old 10-28-2013, 11:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 285 Likes on 183 Posts
10 C six trizzle
it could be but your talking atleast 15K$+ the parts are crazy expensive and will require lots of custom wiring or replacement harnesses not to mention weeks of time for labor/parts/recalibration/programming which most shops would be clueless on installing. So it is possible but not worth the headaches at all. so scrap that idea. wtf? they told you they could add power memory seats? Your best bet for that is a donor car for parts. Those could be added relatively easly but the seats themselves are crazy expensive. switches not too bad and a fair amount of wiring but once again not horrible. depending on the seat prices your probably looking at just shy of 10k which is probably why they just told you no.
Old 10-28-2013, 11:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'15 T&C & '14 SL63
See.. I'd expect the harnesses to all be intact. who wants to make 10 different wiring harnesses? It's cheaper to just have one harness for all cars.

But the parts, yeah, who knows. Any dealer guys around who would know for sure?
Old 10-30-2013, 01:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 285 Likes on 183 Posts
10 C six trizzle
the harness is not universal at all, its not cheaper. Benz supplies so many different versions of these cars to countries with different laws/requirements etc... hell they charge like 300$ for prewiring incase you want to add in rear entertainment on ml/gl's if you dont have it you are pretty much screwed if you want any sort of interfacing between the comand and rear entertainment screens. as for parts....
front radar sensor long range and short ranges - possibly more on the sides i havent gotten to see a c-class with distronic yet to know which version its using (the new s-class uses like 6 front and rear). multiple rear radar sensors, possible windshield , multifunction camera no clue on (possibly 2), distronic control module and wiring. The programming on this would be a pain in the *** and require germany's involvement to change. keep in mind this system does just plug in. its tied into soooo many things. Most of this safety stuff uses multiple discreet connections rather than just can which means even more wires involved. You'd cry seeing your brand new car torn apart not to mention finding someone capable, time required, and not breaking anything during disassembly.
Old 10-30-2013, 08:32 AM

C63 507 Coupe , Cayman GTS
OP try cars.com advanced lookup using keyword c63 and ALL miles and maybe you may come up with a car with distro and the options you want. 50 or so listed across the country. I would use the zip code info from cars.com and then hit up mbusa.com and search by zip code for a better desription of options.
Old 10-30-2013, 09:22 AM

2017 Dodge Viper GTC, 2014 C63 AMG (gone), 2014 GL450
Originally Posted by Ruff507
OP try cars.com advanced lookup using keyword c63 and ALL miles and maybe you may come up with a car with distro and the options you want. 50 or so listed across the country. I would use the zip code info from cars.com and then hit up mbusa.com and search by zip code for a better desription of options.
That's exactly how I found mine. After dealing with my local dealer trying to get them to "negotiate" with other dealers on transfering cars they found for me with no luck, and then putting in a factory order for exactly what I wanted then not seeing any status change for a month. I took it upon myself to find one and called that dealer directly and worked out pricing, financing, and shipping and I had my car within a week. Supposedly MB doesn't like their dealers to sell "out of region", but I say that with the availability of this car you pretty much have to.

Good luck
Old 10-30-2013, 10:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'15 T&C & '14 SL63
Great info guys. And thanks for the PM Ruff, that car is pretty much exactly what I was thinking... except SEDAN. In NYC, the shorter the doors the better! Narrow streets, narrow parking spots, and narrow garages!