Positive Forgestar experience

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-25-2013, 03:05 PM
MVG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 C63 AMG
Positive Forgestar experience

In the midst of some unfavorable stories surrounding Forgestar, I felt compelled to share my experience. Like many, I was attracted to them (the CF5Vs to to be exact) as a track proven, weight saving, aesthetically pleasing alternative to the more expensive forged options out there, but stories of excessive wait times prevented me from pulling the trigger.

While comparing vendor pricing, though, I happened to speak to Michael from Advance Performance (a forum vendor), and expressed my concerns. In a very forthright and unpressuring manner, he discussed a couple of unique options which would allow me to receive my wheels within a 4-6 week period. On that basis, I decided to take a chance and could not have been more pleased with the outcome. Not only was my shipment at my doorstep in a hair over 4 weeks, Michael maintained an open dialogue with me, and kept me informed of each step of the process. I'm relatively new to the C63 world, but not the automotive mod game. This was a very pleasant experience, and I would encourage those with the same initial apprehensions to call and explore this route.

The wheels look awesome, by the way (satin black), and the concavity is greater than I would have though! Pics to follow after I detail her!
Old 11-25-2013, 03:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG
Congrats on the new wheels. Glad you had a positive experience.
Old 11-25-2013, 03:37 PM
MVG

2013 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Autosport7
Congrats on the new wheels. Glad you had a positive experience.
Thank you! It was definitely refreshing.
Old 11-25-2013, 04:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SL63
I got my Forgestars through Advance Performance as well and didn't have any problems.
Old 11-25-2013, 09:17 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
S550 on order
To be honest...I've forgotten I even ordered CF10s...I've given up on this company..What a f'in joke. I ordered my rims in August..Worst communiction...lies..lies and more lies..one minute it's "oh 2 wheels need re-done" then next email it's "oh we haven't had parts since july"..Seriously a joke..Do NOT order from this company...Funny thing is I made a joke to them "Will i get my stuff before christmas?" I highly doubt it, I'll be lucky to see it at all.

Last edited by avery.whss; 11-25-2013 at 09:19 PM.
Old 11-25-2013, 09:32 PM

2013 C63 AMG, 2013 B250
To each their own, seems like it can be a crapshoot but I had no issues either. From order via Vivid Racing to arrival it was exactly 3 weeks. Seems like there is some serious variance depending on vendor some times...
Old 11-25-2013, 09:37 PM
Banned

S550 on order
Originally Posted by Vise_
To each their own, seems like it can be a crapshoot but I had no issues either. From order via Vivid Racing to arrival it was exactly 3 weeks. Seems like there is some serious variance depending on vendor some times...
when did you order yours? peter from FS told me they haven't had parts since july..which is kinda retarded...why take someones money but then not tell them for 3 months that the parts haven't been available for 4-5 months... they should have told me up front...and not said "3-5 weeks" ... 4months later now...I'm glad you guys got your wheels but buyer beware..I thought I was going to get mine in 3-5 weeks too..
Old 11-25-2013, 09:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
IS it just lead time and delivery/customer service issues that are the problem with the company? I saw a thread about cracks in a rim....I know any rim can potentially crack, but are forgestars more prone or have any material/build issues.
Old 11-25-2013, 10:01 PM

2013 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by CPD SLK
IS it just lead time and delivery/customer service issues that are the problem with the company? I saw a thread about cracks in a rim....I know any rim can potentially crack, but are forgestars more prone or have any material/build issues.
I think most people's issues are with lead time and delivery/customer service. I saw the one thread about the cracked forgestars, but that's the only one I've ever seen.

Personally, the first set I ordered arrived in 4 weeks. The second set I bought from someone who was told 6-8 weeks, and I believe was in week 7 of waiting (he had sold his c63 and no longer needed the wheels). I ended up waiting another 7 weeks on top of that.
Old 11-25-2013, 10:04 PM
MVG

2013 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by avery.whss
To be honest...I've forgotten I even ordered CF10s...I've given up on this company..What a f'in joke. I ordered my rims in August..Worst communiction...lies..lies and more lies..one minute it's "oh 2 wheels need re-done" then next email it's "oh we haven't had parts since july"..Seriously a joke..Do NOT order from this company...Funny thing is I made a joke to them "Will i get my stuff before christmas?" I highly doubt it, I'll be lucky to see it at all.
Avery,
Sorry to hear you're experiencing such difficulty. With other automotive pursuits, I've dealt with vendors who just give you the runaround, placate you, and then never deliver.
These excessive delays were the types of experiences I'd read about, and the reason I shied away initially. It appears like the major issues with Forgestar, though, is their powdercoating/cosmetic phase, and not any structural defects. Advance has a way to circumvent these problems. It may prove beneficial to get in contact with them (Michael, specifically, helped me) to see if they can alleviate the problem.
Although you've already placed your order, he may be able to get you your wheels with the same turnaround time (and by Christmas). I'm not receiving any commission through this recommendation, nor do I have any affiliation with either company, but hopefully they could turn the situation around for you. After all, the purpose of this forum is to help each other out if possible. Best of luck and let us know how things turn out.
Old 11-25-2013, 11:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
2010 C63 AMG, 2009 ISF , 2002 L-Tuned IS300, 2011 ML350
Glad to hear u got ur wheels with a short wait.

My takes about Forgestar is some distributors go ahead & order few sets of blanks in advance (like ACG did a while ago) & then wait for the potential buyers. Once the buyers pick the finish, it goes in the powder coated process which cuts the lead time to 3 weeks.

It's all about inventory .. And luck. I bet the next person who wants a set of CF5V from Advance might wait a lot longer than ur set, unless Advance has 2 full blank sets of CF5V for C63 fitment in stock.
Old 11-25-2013, 11:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
2010 C63 AMG, 2009 ISF , 2002 L-Tuned IS300, 2011 ML350
Originally Posted by anthonymckay

the first set I ordered arrived in 4 weeks.

The second set I bought from someone who was told 6-8 weeks, and I believe was in week 7 of waiting (he had sold his c63 and no longer needed the wheels). I ended up waiting another 7 weeks on top of that.
1st set took 4 weeks, 2nd set took 14 weeks .. Exactly confirmed my assumption.

The blanks are made in China & are shipped by boat. So it's all about timing or what inventory distributors have.

Forgestar can BS all they want about the powder coating delay, but member Vaclav is still waiting for his 1 replacement blank wheel (no powdercoating needed as he wants to refinish all 4) for over 3 months.

Last edited by Roswell; 11-25-2013 at 11:12 PM.
Old 11-26-2013, 02:31 PM
Banned

S550 on order
Originally Posted by Roswell
1st set took 4 weeks, 2nd set took 14 weeks .. Exactly confirmed my assumption.

The blanks are made in China & are shipped by boat. So it's all about timing or what inventory distributors have.

Forgestar can BS all they want about the powder coating delay, but member Vaclav is still waiting for his 1 replacement blank wheel (no powdercoating needed as he wants to refinish all 4) for over 3 months.

Yeah who know's what this company does...all I know is...I most likely got ripped off for a few grand and wouldn't ever recommend buying from FS..I email them maybe once every 3 weeks and no one can even reply to me within a few days..I always get a response 2 weeks after I sent a email
Old 11-26-2013, 03:47 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
CLS63S
I've had two sets of Forgestars. First time I went through a friend and got them direct from Forgestar (iForged). Second time I went through a dealer named OEM Concept on another site, they delivered my CF10's in 7 days just like they said.

First set I had some issues with the clear coat after the first year of ownership.

Second set they delivered a much better quality product.

Overall a very good experience.