C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Newbie question with exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2013, 03:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c63
Newbie question with exhaust

Hey guys, i recently spoke to my austin dealer regarding installing any type of aftermarket exhaust and whether it would screw my warranty, it does.. but i still dont care i want to hear more v8 - im currently in the process of wrapping it and adding on some more cf parts, other than my beat up vorsteiner lip.. thank you austin roads, and a vorsteiner diffuser.

On to the question, im basically looking for a louder and safe way to change my exhausts ive been youtubing and ive come down to changing my headers + getting some sort of pipes + something legal and still have a loud v8 roar, any ideas? much appreciated. thank you!
Old 12-01-2013, 04:13 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63s AMG W205
Just take the primary cat off. It will be sweet as. Make sure u keep the cat for anual inspection
Old 12-01-2013, 03:30 PM

Porsche 911 Turbo S 2014! E63S 14, Audi S8 13, CLS63 12, E550 12, C63 09, all tuned
Word of advice, do not tell your dealer that you have tune/ modified your AMG.
Let them always tell you your warrantee claim will not be covered.
A good dealer always want to satisfy the customer, not the manufacturer.
The only time they will not honor the warranty is when they know they will get it kicked back from MB.
Old 12-01-2013, 04:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c63
Hey guys, i appreciate the replies.
Removing the cat's only on the car is going to make it super obvious as i'm presuming there will be welding and cutting, as for the MB warranty thats basically why im trying to figure out a way to minimize the risk of being caught as i will be basically taking my car to the dealership once a year when i remove the full exhaust system to make sure they dont screw me over.
Old 12-01-2013, 05:17 PM

C63s AMG W205
Originally Posted by c63beast
Hey guys, i appreciate the replies. Removing the cat's only on the car is going to make it super obvious as i'm presuming there will be welding and cutting, as for the MB warranty thats basically why im trying to figure out a way to minimize the risk of being caught as i will be basically taking my car to the dealership once a year when i remove the full exhaust system to make sure they dont screw me over.
Get the shop to make it a "bolt on" , pay a couple more hrs of labour