Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C63 or GTR?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-17-2013, 01:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 C63 Coupe
Maturity and experience are two very different concepts. The advice to get a high performance car at 16 is foolish at best.
Old 12-17-2013, 01:26 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63 - Golf Tdi
Your off your head if you get either, better make sure you life insurance is well paid up as I doubt you will be around long.
Old 12-17-2013, 04:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63s AMG W205
Why there are so many haters here??

This young man (as he claims) just wanted some advices on a performance car! Be it a gtr or c63, who cares but he does not deserve any personal attacks! Lots ppl gave actual life coaching speeches, at his age did any of u listen to the same bs that?

Im sure on ferrari/lambo/masarati forums there are heaps young guys with cash on hand asking for advices for which brand luxury toy to buy. What is the prob with that?

Just give his some advices that he was asking for.
Old 12-17-2013, 04:43 PM

2014 C63 Coupe
Originally Posted by YICS NZ
Why there are so many haters here??

This young man (as he claims) just wanted some advices on a performance car! Be it a gtr or c63, who cares but he does not deserve any personal attacks! Lots ppl gave actual life coaching speeches, at his age did any of u listen to the same bs that?

Im sure on ferrari/lambo/masarati forums there are heaps young guys with cash on hand asking for advices for which brand luxury toy to buy. What is the prob with that?

Just give his some advices that he was asking for.
You're right that my advice was unsolicited, but it was not hateful. Let me pose a question to you, if you saw someone do something stupid or dangerous, would you intervene? For example, an obviously drunk guy fumbling for his keys in the parking lot of a bar and attempting to drive a car when he can barely stand.
Old 12-17-2013, 05:19 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
2014 C63 507, 2012 R350
Not hating, just trying to help. Actually the tone by and large was very helpful and, I believe, genuine. The young lad answered with maturity which I think it may have had something some effect...
Old 12-17-2013, 05:41 PM
MBW Editor

Audi A4
This thread has made it to the homepage.

https://mbworld.org/articles/please-...-c63-amg-gt-r/
Old 12-17-2013, 06:07 PM

C63s AMG W205
Originally Posted by KIS007
You're right that my advice was unsolicited, but it was not hateful. Let me pose a question to you, if you saw someone do something stupid or dangerous, would you intervene? For example, an obviously drunk guy fumbling for his keys in the parking lot of a bar and attempting to drive a car when he can barely stand.
Surely wat u posed was another story.
This young man is buying a $100k+ car, which was designed with safety in mind n built up with even more safety features than a standard $10k car or some rough 2ndhands.
Its never about the car but the driver who caused an accident.
Old 12-17-2013, 06:32 PM

2014 C63 Coupe
Surely wat u posed was another story.
This young man is buying a $100k+ car, which was designed with safety in mind n built up with even more safety features than a standard $10k car or some rough 2ndhands.
Its never about the car but the driver who caused an accident.
Are you suggesting that a 500 hp vehicle with extraordinary limits is not more dangerous to an inexperienced adolescent than a more mundane car? Seriously? I would imagine that you would also argue that guns don't kill people, people do. While true, it is much more difficult to kill someone with a stick, but I digress...
Old 12-17-2013, 06:34 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
S550 on order
Are you suggesting that a 500 hp vehicle with extraordinary limits is not more dangerous to an inexperienced adolescent than a more mundane car? Seriously?
you're forgetting a C63 is one of the safest "500hp" cars around...I'd rather crash in my benz at high speed then my buddies 500HP 1992 GTR that would probably blow up into a billion pieces...if the kid is buying a C63 or GTR with his OWN money then who gives a **** if he crashes it...thats his loss finanically..but if his parents are buying it...they should be buying him a 1990 toyota carolla or something

Last edited by avery.whss; 12-17-2013 at 06:38 PM.
Old 12-17-2013, 06:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
'15 T&C & '14 SL63
Are you suggesting that a 500 hp vehicle with extraordinary limits is not more dangerous to an inexperienced adolescent than a more mundane car? Seriously? I would imagine that you would also argue that guns don't kill people, people do. While true, it is much more difficult to kill someone with a stick, but I digress...
In particular it's much more difficult to kill yourself by accident with a stick.
Old 12-17-2013, 07:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 Mercedes Benz 350 SLK, 1999 Acura 2.3 CL, 2005 Dodge Durango
Since you state that you are in Canada and experience such harsh winters I would go with the C63 507. Yes the GTR is AWD and has proven in tests to be outstanding all around. Most car's can't even begin to compete against the GTR, especially in a 0 to 60mph performance. As far as looks go though I like the C63 better personally. I would imagine you would have more room and comfort in the C63 as well for you and your friends. And with harsh winters in Canada, yeah go with C63. If you were looking for a two seater though I would go with the SLK 55 AMG and see if Kleemann could hook it up for you to an S8 package. I mean a hardtop convertible with Airscarf come on!
Old 12-17-2013, 07:26 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
2011 C250
When I was 16, to be seen driving in a "sports" car invites all sorts of trouble, from cops to hoons. Upon looking back, temptation to race is very high.
Back to current day and era, both trouble and temptation has quadruple.
If I was not held back by a higher authority, I would not be here.
Get something nice to show off BUT does not give you enough when temptation gets in the way especially screwing around with friends after a nice party.
Driving defensively on public roads needs experience.
My 2c...
Old 12-17-2013, 07:33 PM

C63s AMG W205

like i said its not abt what car u hav, its about whether u r rdy for it or not.
There are two 17 yo kids racing in F1 next yr against the other top tier racing drivers.
Old 12-17-2013, 08:04 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
2014 C63 507, 2012 R350
like i said its not abt what car u hav, its about whether u r rdy for it or not.
There are two 17 yo kids racing in F1 next yr against the other top tier racing drivers.
And the other 250 million 17yr olds?
Old 12-17-2013, 08:27 PM

C63s AMG W205
Originally Posted by coladin
And the other 250 million 17yr olds?
Haha its def not surprising to see some teenage multimillionaires nowadays.
Old 12-17-2013, 08:33 PM

C63s AMG W205
Originally Posted by jesydney
When I was 16, to be seen driving in a "sports" car invites all sorts of trouble, from cops to hoons. Upon looking back, temptation to race is very high. Back to current day and era, both trouble and temptation has quadruple. If I was not held back by a higher authority, I would not be here. Get something nice to show off BUT does not give you enough when temptation gets in the way especially screwing around with friends after a nice party. Driving defensively on public roads needs experience. My 2c...
So its not the 'sports' cars fault but the driver..

I see most of the high performance cars cruising around on public roads in a respective manner. No speeding tickets no burning rubbers no hard pulls watsoever.

Wat frightens me is that its always those 90s airbagless honda civic subaru impreza etc got smashed with teenages in an accident.
Old 12-17-2013, 08:59 PM

2013 GLK 350 4M (Iridium Silver), 2010 E350 Coupe (Iridium Silver)
troll
Old 12-17-2013, 09:22 PM

None ATM
Hello all,

Thank you.

The level of advice, expertise, and the experience available on this forum is an invaluable and fulfilling resource.

I respect the level of maturity I am being treated with even if some of the comments are to be taken with a grain of salt. The advice and the comments I have received so far have exceeded what I had hoped for and have further exceeded what I had expected.

I profoundly appreciate the time you all are taking to help me conclude on a vehicle from either the aforementioned 2, or a completely different vehicle.

If I do not respond to your comment, please note that I have still taken your opinion into consideration as both my ears are open and the information is flowing in and nothing is leaving. I am not taking any comments lightly and am taking whatever I can with a grain of salt.

I have yet to be primed, and I still have a great deal more experience to gain. As a side reflection, I believe that I am trying to justify my purchase of a high performance vehicle at such a young age with the sole excuses of my prior experiences which I am now realizing contain very little to none transitive elements/properties.

I have still yet to formulate a final conclusion, however, I am leaning more towards a "sedan" at this point. I believe that the GTR will be too much for me, attract too much unwanted attention, and I do believe that given its status and its performance, I will push it. Obviously I want to keep something to look forward to in terms of automotive performance as I progress in life, and therefore, I am leaning towards saving the GTR or for that matter, any super-car for my mid to late twenties given that I will be in the financial situation to afford so at the time. I've had the opportunity to experience the raw power of the GTR a few years ago as a passenger and I remember it as an exhilarating experience. However, I am not and will not use an experience from many years ago at the raw age of 13-14 to formulate a conclusion. (Please note as I still do not consider myself ripe).

My needs for a vehicle are easily justifiable with the 507 Sedan, or any 4 door sedan for that matter. The vehicle will have enough room to be comfortable and carry light luggage. I am an avid skier and am hoping that the vehicle will be able to accommodate my skis . I also believe that by choosing so, I will receive a much more mature treatment when attending meetings or taking clients out for lunch.

For those interested in where I stand in terms of my company, my company is in my opinion at a lightly volatile stage in the tech industry. We have yet to fully mature and plant ourselves to compete with our larger competitors, however, daily operations are quite expectant as of now and our clientele is steadily growing. We are nearing our one year anniversary in a couple of months and to be honest, we have met and exceeded all of the goals we had set for ourselves when we first started.

I look much older than I am. Sometimes to the point where I quietly question myself whether I have been lied to regarding my age , jokes. All the facial hair and manliness is there, sometimes too much . So unless the men with badges can do the math to calculate my age by the birth year on my drivers license, I should be relatively fine.

I am told I am ambitious and personally like others, I want to succeed in life, however, I am not holding my company as my final lifeline. I still have and want to keep as many avenues as possible open, and I have still not strayed from my original career choice. Opportunities will come and they will go, and I will do my best to take advantage of them

I will be making my final decision by the end of this week as my need for self-transportation increases on a daily basis and depending on which vehicle I conclude on, I expect a slight waiting period till delivery.

Once again, thank you all for your support and advice and would appreciate for it to keep coming as it will be a valuable reference right now and in the future for not only me, but others who come across the same situation as I am in.

Regards.

Last edited by DatBenzEh; 12-18-2013 at 01:02 AM.
Old 12-17-2013, 11:31 PM

C63 S Cab, Previous Maserati Granturismo Sport and E550 Cab
Go with the C63, in the end its a MERCEDES. The GTR is a NISSAN. Also why is this thread on the front page... I'm 20 yrs old and actually own a E550 Cabriolet, not "thinking about buying a car". Why am I not on the front page?

Last edited by Barca93; 12-17-2013 at 11:48 PM.
Old 12-17-2013, 11:33 PM

I don't see a problem with a kid driving one of these two cars. I see arab kids driving 150k+ cars here in Miami all the time. Just a word of advice to OP don't put your age in a thread if your looking for genuine advice. No one cares how old you are or your personal information.

Last edited by Barca93; 12-18-2013 at 12:11 AM.
Old 12-18-2013, 12:48 AM

2014 C63 Coupe
Originally Posted by Barca93
I don't see a problem with a kid driving one of these two cars. I see arab kids driving 150k+ cars here in Miami all the time. Just a word of advice to OP don't put your age in a thread if your looking for genuine advice. No one cares how old you are or your personal information.
When I think well adjusted kids, the first group that comes to mind are oil rich Arab kids flaunting the raping of their native lands........
Old 12-18-2013, 12:58 AM

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by DatBenzEh
Hello all,

Thank you.

The level of advice, expertise, and the experience available on this forum is an invaluable and fulfilling resource.

I respect the level of maturity I am being treated with even if some of the comments are to be taken with a grain of salt. The advice and the comments I have received so far have exceeded what I had hoped for and have further exceeded what I had expected.

I profoundly appreciate the time you all are taking to help me conclude on a vehicle from either the aforementioned 2, or a completely different vehicle.

If I do not respond to your comment, please note that I have still taken your opinion into consideration as both my ears are open and the information is flowing in and nothing is leaving. I am not taking any comments lightly and am taking whatever I can with a grain of salt.

I have yet to be primed, and I still have a great deal more experience to gain. As a side reflection, I believe that I am trying to justify my purchase of a high performance vehicle at such a young age with the sole excuses of my prior experiences which I am now realizing contain very little to none transitive elements/properties.

I have still yet to formulate a final conclusion, however, I am leaning more towards a "sedan" at this point. I believe that the GTR will be too much for me, attract too much unwanted attention, and I do believe that given its status and its performance, I will push it. Obviously I want to keep something to look forward to in terms of automotive performance as I progress in life, and therefore, I am leaning towards saving the GTR or for that matter, any super-car for my mid to late twenties given that I will be in the financial situation to afford so at the time. I've had the opportunity to experience the raw power of the GTR a few years ago as a passenger and I remember it as an exhilarating experience. However, I am not and will not use an experience from many years ago at the raw age of 13-14 to formulate a conclusion. (Please note as I still do not consider myself ripe).

My needs for a vehicle are easily justifiable with the 507 Sedan, or any 4 door sedan. The vehicle will have enough room to be comfortable any light luggage. I am an avid skier and am hoping that the vehicle will be able to accommodate my skis . I also believe that by choosing so, I will receive a much more mature treatment when attending meetings or taking clients out for lunch.

For those interested in where I stand in terms of my company, my company is in my opinion at a lightly volatile stage in the tech industry. We have yet to fully mature and plant ourselves to compete with our larger competitors, however, daily operations are quite expectant as of now and our clientele is steadily growing. We are nearing our one year anniversary in a couple of months and to be honest, we have met and exceeded all of the goals we had set for ourselves when we first started.

I look much older than I am. Sometimes to the point where I quietly question myself whether I have been lied to regarding my age , jokes. All the facial hair and manliness is there, sometimes too much . So unless the men with badges can do the math to calculate my age by the birth year on my drivers license, I should be relatively fine.

I am told I am ambitious and personally like others, I want to succeed in life, however, I am not holding my company as my final lifeline. I still have and want to keep as many avenues as possible open, and I have still not strayed from my original career choice. Opportunities will come and they will go, and I will do my best to take advantage of them

I will be making my final decision by the end of this week as my need for self-transportation increases on a daily basis and depending on which vehicle I conclude on, I expect a slight waiting period till delivery.

Once again, thank you all for your support and advice and would appreciate for it to keep coming as it will be a valuable reference right now and in the future for not only me, but others who come across the same situation as I am in.

Regards.
I'm officially impressed. Only 16? You've got some serious potential. Please don't kill yourself driving a 500HP car. We need bright kids like you. I'm thinking Range Rover.
Old 12-18-2013, 01:06 AM

When I think well adjusted kids, the first group that comes to mind are oil rich Arab kids flaunting the raping of their native lands........
Yep. Arab cars in London "Millionaire boy racers" there is actually a documentary on it.
Old 12-18-2013, 02:23 AM

2013 C300
Well, here's my advice.

You posted this question in a Mercedes Benz forum, so, I'm guessing your heart already made the decision for you before you even made this post. Go with the C63 sedan. It's loud, crazy fun, and I'm sure you'll love it
Old 12-18-2013, 04:00 AM

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts
2012 C63 AMG, 1991 325iS. Ex: 2011 C63 P31
I don't see anything wrong with your opening statement, but ya, you would have gotten much more serious responses if you never mention your age.
I know you said you are set on a 4 door vehicle, so what about the Evo 10? It has power, tuning potential and its a safe (judging by car reviews) awd vehicle.

But to be perfectly honest....if I was 16 and could afford the 507 edition, I would buy 1 hands down!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C63 or GTR?