Sponsored by:

Welcome your input: C63 507 or E63S? Need your expert opinions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2014, 03:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2019 Audi TT RS, 2020 BMW X3M Competition
Originally Posted by - Guilty -
I think that's the convertible, the coupe should be lighter. But anyways, to me it's not much of a problem... coming from a 4800lbs CL63 lol
I hear ya! Doesn't bother me either just figured I'd point it out. I don't think the coupe is much lighter. 30ish lbs.
Old 01-03-2014, 11:49 PM

2002 S500
Originally Posted by emericr
I would assume the CLS would be stretching his budget as we are now talking close to $50K more.
I did make the jump to the CLS from the C because I wanted something more luxurious and more power was easier achieved with a tune (other mods on the C would be obvious to dealer from a warranty perspective). I do miss the seats of the C.
I will second what others have said so no need to repeat the pros and cons.
I picked the CLS due to looks and exclusivity. E's and Cs are everywhere.
If you can handle a 6 figure car, then there are others cars I would seriously look at (GTR, Jaguar F type coupe and RS7).
Personally, if I was in the market now, I would pick the new F type coupe if 2 seats are not a deal breaker. 550hp on a car that is 500 pounds lighter than a C. The cat is much better looking as well.
If you need 4 seats, like the new look and can handle the extra $$$, I would pick the new E-S class. I was at Laguna in December and this thing is incredible. It beats everything (including SLS GT and C63BS) if the conditions are not 100% dry.
The new C63 is due in less than 8 months so I would not buy a 507 (we are not talking just a facelift like the E). It has a new body and a new engine.
Emericr -- As the OP, I wanted to thank you (and others) for the great points. Not to sound strange, but money is not really the issue. I am older than most of you (damn - turned 50 last month - wow) so am likely more an E class demographic. My track days are behind me. It is now about hammering it on the open highway. For whatever reason, CLS body style just doesn't do it for me. I think it is the sloopy back/rear of the car that puts me off.

I am *super intrigued* by the potential for an E Class Coupe with a big AMG motor. I would put a deposit on that tomorrow. What is the potential for that car coming to existence? I assume it would be a 5.5 biturbo, correct?

In the C63 is anyone here bummed about the 4.0 liter turbo or does that excite folks? I would welcome everyone's input on that question too.

Thank you!

SB
Old 01-04-2014, 12:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 97 Likes on 82 Posts
'20 GLC300 SUV
Originally Posted by SuperBuck27
Emericr -- As the OP, I wanted to thank you (and others) for the great points. Not to sound strange, but money is not really the issue. I am older than most of you (damn - turned 50 last month - wow) so am likely more an E class demographic. My track days are behind me. It is now about hammering it on the open highway. For whatever reason, CLS body style just doesn't do it for me. I think it is the sloopy back/rear of the car that puts me off.

I am *super intrigued* by the potential for an E Class Coupe with a big AMG motor. I would put a deposit on that tomorrow. What is the potential for that car coming to existence? I assume it would be a 5.5 biturbo, correct?

In the C63 is anyone here bummed about the 4.0 liter turbo or does that excite folks? I would welcome everyone's input on that question too.

Thank you!

SB
The 4.0L biturbo V8 will be a great motor and the next generation C63 will be faster than the current one.

That said, there are few engines out there I would pick over the 6.2L, NA M156 V8.

Have you heard it for yourself in person?
Old 01-04-2014, 09:33 AM

2015 E63S AMG & 2013 GLK350
If the AMG 4.0 is anything like the 4.0 in the Audi S8 (520hp/481tq and over 600hp with tune) and the new C63 is AWD I am very excited - if not then I'm not too disappointed as there's always the E/CLS or an Audi

Oh and like you I'm all for an E63 coupe, I'd be all over that car and have been saying that for years since I sold my CLK - imagine an E coupe with a 5.5 BiTurbo and AWD I've heard every excuse why it didn't happen. For those that say the 5.5 won't fit because the E coupe is C class based that's incorrect it is dimensionally similar and based on the 4.6 in the E550 coupe. MB and AMG simply dropped the ball on this car, here's hoping they realize their mistake and make it right in the future
Old 01-04-2014, 10:01 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 C63 AMG 507 Edition
2 other reasons to perhaps choose the 2014 507...its the last of the N/A 6.3, and its the last C63 out of Germany...