For my former C63 Brethren that are interested...Photoshoot pics of my M5

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2014, 04:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 75 Likes on 50 Posts
Hyperion's Candy-Coated 4 x 4
Originally Posted by roadtalontsi
are the wheels painted red or anodized? they look painted in the close up wheel pic and anodized in the far. Either way it's pretty loud but i'd rock it. I've seen a few gt3-rs's with this color combo
All done by HRE. It's a brush tinted clear in Red.
Old 01-06-2014, 05:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Vath ML63 Brabus C63 SL63 CLK63BS C63BS
Originally Posted by Pertplus
Absolutely, they are not for everyone! And I am cool with that. No offense taken. And considering the stable of cars you have and the mods you've done to them, your opinion definitely holds a lot more weight with me than some cat rolling around on Concept-3 wheels on a 09 C63.
All good mate if everyone rolled on black or silver wheels the world would be a boring place. That car of yours is no joke either, enjoy
Old 01-06-2014, 05:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
Should have copped those Concept-3 wheels! Damn that's where I went wrong! You still have them Forgestars available? Down here in San Diego we got some Hondas and Acuras that could use some of those wheels. Heard their quality is unmatched!

Got your panties in a bunch huh? I said the rest of your car was amazing...just hated the wheels...if you just posted up so to soak up ooh and ahhs form everyone then sorry to disappoint d0uche.

What I really meant to say was your red wheels look ****ing AWESOME. They are the best wheels in the world and I want to have sex with your car
Old 01-06-2014, 05:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
Absolutely, they are not for everyone! And I am cool with that. No offense taken. And considering the stable of cars you have and the mods you've done to them, your opinion definitely holds a lot more weight with me than some cat rolling around on Concept-3 wheels on a 09 C63.
Hahaha...oh no, pertplus doesn't approve of my wheels and thinks they are cheap pieces of crap. How will I sleep at night! Heaven forbid someone on the forum doesn't have HREs on their car. Who cares what you think of my opinion. You posted up pics in a thread genius...so you're welcoming people to make comments. Sorry they hurt your feelings
Old 01-06-2014, 05:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Maverick1975
All good mate if everyone rolled on black or silver wheels the world would be a boring place. That car of yours is no joke either, enjoy
Just wanted to switch it up a love your stable!
Old 01-06-2014, 06:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by CPD SLK
Hahaha...oh no, pertplus doesn't approve of my wheels and thinks they are cheap pieces of crap. How will I sleep at night! Heaven forbid someone on the forum doesn't have HREs on their car. Who cares what you think of my opinion. You posted up pics in a thread genius...so you're welcoming people to make comments. Sorry they hurt your feelings
You didn't hurt my feelings. I mean you did talk pejoratively about Hondas and Acuras, but heaven forbid we all don't have Velos-tuned C63s with that sweet sweet limo tint mod!
Old 01-06-2014, 06:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

For the record, my boy who works on both my Ms has one of the sickest sets ups (and is on Forgestars) I have ever seen:

Old 01-06-2014, 06:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 BMW X1 xDrive35i; 2014 BMW M5 competition
The blacked out side gills are the best part, in my opinion. Were they a factory option? The chrome side gills on the M5 are tacky.
Old 01-06-2014, 07:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by frcotting
The blacked out side gills are the best part, in my opinion. Were they a factory option? The chrome side gills on the M5 are tacky.
Not as of yet, but a company in Chicago called IND sells black gloss and or matte side gills.
Old 01-06-2014, 12:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Ballsy move with the red wheels but I love it. I think you need to bring in a slight touch of red somewhere else, just a dot of it, maybe a few grill bars or the chrome inserts on the door handles. One of the best looking F10 M5's I have seen, nice work.
Old 01-06-2014, 02:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by jrcart
Ballsy move with the red wheels but I love it. I think you need to bring in a slight touch of red somewhere else, just a dot of it, maybe a few grill bars or the chrome inserts on the door handles. One of the best looking F10 M5's I have seen, nice work.
Thanks!! Yeah I have thought about the tri-color on the grill. Also, I like that the wheels almost perfectly match the rear taillights. I am going to start thinking of maybe a little more touches that dont overdo it but maybe pull the look together more.
Old 01-06-2014, 05:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
a land yacht.
What is with all this BMW CRAP!!!

lol looks epic, screaming at people even when its parked
Old 01-06-2014, 05:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 Barolo red C63 AMG (SOLD).13' P31 c63 coupe 2012 porsche panamera
i hate fruity colored wheels.

BUT OH MY GOD THOSE LOOK INSANE ON YOUR CAR. Thumbs up for having the cohones to go for that look! Well worth it, honestly looks great, head turner for sure. Guess it's a personal taste kind of thing for whoever doesn't like it, but it's unique and thats what people try to go for when modding no? Thats what i dont like about AMG aftermarket, everyone has the same lip or diffuser or spoiler lol. Goodjob! Would love to see more with your other car!
Old 01-06-2014, 06:03 PM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
C63 AMG
absolutely gorgeous
Old 01-06-2014, 07:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by MaroonC63
i hate fruity colored wheels.

BUT OH MY GOD THOSE LOOK INSANE ON YOUR CAR. Thumbs up for having the cohones to go for that look! Well worth it, honestly looks great, head turner for sure. Guess it's a personal taste kind of thing for whoever doesn't like it, but it's unique and thats what people try to go for when modding no? Thats what i dont like about AMG aftermarket, everyone has the same lip or diffuser or spoiler lol. Goodjob! Would love to see more with your other car!
Hahahaaaa....thanks for the props. The wheels -- in my opinion -- are fantastic. But they are, without a doubt, loud and in the world of opinions, divisive. I wanted a color to pop on the M5 because I was tired of doing charcoal...and I thought black just got lost in the blue of the car. For a lot of people, this color combo is better suited for the Evos, GTIs, WRX, etc. And I wouldn't disagree. But I like how the car pulls it off.

Definitely not for everyone, and if I get tired of the color, I can always have them refinished. Appreciate all the opinions, the good, the bad and hilarious!!!
Old 01-06-2014, 08:01 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
04 E55 B07
Just in case the exhaust is not loud enough when you get on it the wheels are louder haha
Sick car anyway inside and out but I'm surprised there's a plastic dashboard and not leather like the m6. Do you have a tune on it?
Old 01-06-2014, 09:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by mertd93
Just in case the exhaust is not loud enough when you get on it the wheels are louder haha
Sick car anyway inside and out but I'm surprised there's a plastic dashboard and not leather like the m6. Do you have a tune on it?
No tune has come out for this engine except a "press tune". So I am waiting for a real one to come out. I have to look at the dashboard again and see whether its plastic or leather, dont remember off hand.
Old 01-06-2014, 09:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C204, W209, W164

Thanks for that. This concludes my thoughts. Bad-***.

I don't understand why people would say it's 'ricey'. Sure the colour scheme may not be for everyone, but to call it ricey and degrade it as opposed to simply saying; "Wrong choice in colours buddy!"... is beyond me. I smell a whiff of jealousy.

By the way.. not sure what a press tune is, and excuse my ignorance since I'm not really in-tune, so to speak, with BMW's... but doesn't the X5/6 M carry the same engine? Aren't there tunes for them?
Old 01-06-2014, 10:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Infamouz

I don't understand why people would say it's 'ricey'. Sure the colour scheme may not be for everyone, but to call it ricey and degrade it as opposed to simply saying; "Wrong choice in colours buddy!"... is beyond me. I smell a whiff of jealousy.

By the way.. not sure what a press tune is, and excuse my ignorance since I'm not really in-tune, so to speak, with BMW's... but doesn't the X5/6 M carry the same engine? Aren't there tunes for them?
No worries, I am not wholly familiar with it either but apparently a press tune is like a "piggy back" one where it doesn't replace your ECU mapping but adds more boost (I think) and power by piling on your stock ECU. Vic has a better understanding than I do, but I've heard in the long run it can damage the engine.

Last edited by Pertplus; 01-06-2014 at 10:04 PM.
Old 01-06-2014, 11:26 PM
SMP
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
CLK63 Black Series
No tune has come out for this engine except a "press tune". So I am waiting for a real one to come out. I have to look at the dashboard again and see whether its plastic or leather, dont remember off hand.
First, very nicely done Pert!!! Love the wheels, drop, exhaust and all the carbon fiber. Great looking car … but your dash and various other parts are f.ucking plastic … I'm looking at mine all day long since it's my daily … mine has full leather interior
Old 01-06-2014, 11:29 PM
SMP
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by Infamouz

X5M and X6M both use the S63B44 engine. M5 and M6 have the S63B44TU engine which has valvetronic. Compression is higher (10:1 compared to 9.3:1) and boost is up from 1.3 to 1.5 bar.
Old 01-07-2014, 01:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 81 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by C_DirtyTwo
What is with all this BMW CRAP!!!
Whereas I enjoy seeing Pert's cars and wheels I'm assuming the mods have approved of, and opened the C63 forum to posting extensive photoshoots of our non C63 cars. Yes?
Old 01-07-2014, 08:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
2010 C63 AMG, 2009 ISF , 2002 L-Tuned IS300, 2011 ML350
Nice set-up Matt, the red is bold like your personality! LOL
Old 01-07-2014, 10:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Hahahaaaa....thanks for the props. The wheels -- in my opinion -- are fantastic. But they are, without a doubt, loud and in the world of opinions, divisive. I wanted a color to pop on the M5 because I was tired of doing charcoal...and I thought black just got lost in the blue of the car. For a lot of people, this color combo is better suited for the Evos, GTIs, WRX, etc. And I wouldn't disagree. But I like how the car pulls it off.

Definitely not for everyone, and if I get tired of the color, I can always have them refinished. Appreciate all the opinions, the good, the bad and hilarious!!!
Black wheels are getting played out fast. I was doing black wheels 11 years ago. I did dark matte grey on my C BS and red on my SLS BS, I did order the SLS with black wheels from the factory but only because it was the lesser of two evils on the red car with all the black cf and I knew I would be changing them anyhow.

I was at SEMA in October and the one HUGE trend I noticed everywhere was colored wheels, HRE had more bright colored wheels in their show booth than they had black or silver. I know it is not for everyone but at least it is a fresh look, black wheels are quickly going the way of the mullet I'm affraid. I had a set of track wheels made for the SLS by Klassen I had them do them in black, I might send them back to have them done in Mars Red just like my street wheels.
Old 01-07-2014, 11:14 AM
Administrator

Received 795 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by jrcart
Black wheels are getting played out fast. I was doing black wheels 11 years ago. I did dark matte grey on my C BS and red on my SLS BS, I did order the SLS with black wheels from the factory but only because it was the lesser of two evils on the red car with all the black cf and I knew I would be changing them anyhow.

I was at SEMA in October and the one HUGE trend I noticed everywhere was colored wheels, HRE had more bright colored wheels in their show booth than they had black or silver. I know it is not for everyone but at least it is a fresh look, black wheels are quickly going the way of the mullet I'm affraid. I had a set of track wheels made for the SLS by Klassen I had them do them in black, I might send them back to have them done in Mars Red just like my street wheels.
LOL I think black wheels have lasted longer than the mullet. I did black wheels about 11 years ago as well on my E55 M113K and there are still times when I would consider them. Right now I only have them on the M6 (HRE) and C63 (stockies) because of the themes Im running. Im cruising back to a more silver look aka liquid silver or lighter gunmetal. I know Frank did your wheels on the SLS BS and I really like that view.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: For my former C63 Brethren that are interested...Photoshoot pics of my M5