Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2014, 04:03 PM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
a car
Got core set back in stock!

Some more samples to give you guys some ideas

Last edited by Girard@ACGautomotive; 09-11-2014 at 04:05 PM.
Old 09-11-2014, 05:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 81 Posts
C63 AMG
Beautiful...
Old 10-27-2014, 12:53 PM
Banned

a car
Core set available for some fresh paint
Old 10-27-2014, 04:46 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
C63 AMG
PM sent
Old 10-28-2014, 09:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 C63 AMG, 2011 Mini Cooper (work)
Tal, can you source the AMG decals? And how much are they?
Old 10-28-2014, 01:45 PM
Banned

a car
Originally Posted by deadfission
Tal, can you source the AMG decals? And how much are they?
Sure can. $25 a set plus shipping.
Old 04-06-2015, 01:32 PM
Banned

a car
Cores back in stock, let me know if you're interested in getting this service done. I would love to help with your build

Gloss white done for a GTR Clients Build:

Lamborghini Rosso Leto on these two:

Lamborghini Giallo Midas:

Lamborghini Verde Ithica:

Old 04-21-2015, 10:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 C63 AMG and 2002 Ford Explorer Sport
The paint work is really nice, but it isn't $850 nice. I also don't understand how you can charge the previous owner for parts after they have already paid you $650-850 for a used and painted set of calipers, AND they have given you their set as well. Once they pay and take the painted calipers they are off the hook. That to me doesn't even make sense, and it doesn't seem ethical. Charging someone for parts after the deal is made, and heck, that could be months down the road, and all of a sudden you get a bill for something you have no idea about. Maybe I am just not familiar with how the MB world works, but if this is it, well, I'm gonna watch my P's and Q's for sure.

And that's all I gotta say about that...

And please don't take offense as I guess I am learning the way of the AMG...

Last edited by Huchimo01; 04-21-2015 at 10:28 PM. Reason: Rewording my thoughts...
Old 04-22-2015, 01:05 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
mazda rx7
Originally Posted by Huchimo01
The paint work is really nice, but it isn't $850 nice. I also don't understand how you can charge the previous owner for parts after they have already paid you $650-850 for a used and painted set of calipers, AND they have given you their set as well. Once they pay and take the painted calipers they are off the hook. That to me doesn't even make sense, and it doesn't seem ethical. Charging someone for parts after the deal is made, and heck, that could be months down the road, and all of a sudden you get a bill for something you have no idea about. Maybe I am just not familiar with how the MB world works, but if this is it, well, I'm gonna watch my P's and Q's for sure.

Its probably like putting a deposit on top of the $850. If nothing is wrong with the caliper, they just refund the deposit.
That's how I think it would work.
Old 04-22-2015, 08:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 C63 AMG, 2011 Mini Cooper (work)

So..... what you're saying is someone with broken *** calipers can trade theirs in, get new working ones and just be like "haha, **** you guys deal with that!!!!"?

Doesn't that sound like some big *** bull****?

Edit: Calipers are expensive as **** BTW. 850 would get you nowhere near the quality BREMBO's that we have on our cars. Also, I got mine powdered locally for $600 so $650 for a swap really isn't bad (i knew the shop owner).
Old 04-22-2015, 01:28 PM
Banned

a car
Just to be clear, I've never asked for a core deposit from anyone. I've done this service almost exclusively for this community for the past 3 years and it has always been done with the understanding that if for whatever reason the core calipers you return need servicing then I would ask you pay for the parts to do so.

For the record, I've never had to cross that bridge with anyone but it's something I do want to make clear upfront before anyone moves forward on these.

Anyhoo... the core set is currently getting painted, I would hope to have them back in a week or so if anyone is interested in getting this done.
Old 04-29-2015, 03:03 PM

C63 AMG
I paid for a set of these from Tal on 4/10/15 and it's been almost 20 days, I still dont have the calipers here in my hands.. It's taking quite some time for these to be painted and finished but I was told that they would be completed in a week and shipped out to me in a couple days since I am also in CA. I understand if the paint shop could be really busy but I've sent a few PMs to Tal, no response yet.. No updates from them unless I PM them asking for an update. Not too sure what's going on over there but it's getting to the point where I dont think I can wait anymore, Ive missed 2 car events so far without these calipers installed on my C63. And 20 days to have calipers completed is a long time imho. If you purchase a set, be prepared to wait a long a$$ time for them to be completed. Hopefully I get an update soon as to what's going on exactly...
Old 04-29-2015, 03:28 PM
Banned

a car
Originally Posted by AMGPower88
I paid for a set of these from Tal on 4/10/15 and it's been almost 20 days, I still dont have the calipers here in my hands.. It's taking quite some time for these to be painted and finished but I was told that they would be completed in a week and shipped out to me in a couple days since I am also in CA. I understand if the paint shop could be really busy but I've sent a few PMs to Tal, no response yet.. No updates from them unless I PM them asking for an update. Not too sure what's going on over there but it's getting to the point where I dont think I can wait anymore, Ive missed 2 car events so far without these calipers installed on my C63. And 20 days to have calipers completed is a long time imho. If you purchase a set, be prepared to wait a long a$$ time for them to be completed. Hopefully I get an update soon as to what's going on exactly...
Refund sent. Sorry it took so long and I've been out of the office for an event.
Old 04-29-2015, 04:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 C63 AMG and 2002 Ford Explorer Sport
WOW AMGPower88,

How sweet is that? You send in your calipers to get painted. You pay to have them painted. They tell you a week and you'll have them back. But in 20 days you have no calipers, they won't respond to your messages asking about status on your calipers, and then out of nowhere, today they refund your money? Now you have to wait to get your calipers back and your car is still undriveable?

Boy you must have sailed under some really huge lucky stars to get that kind of royal treatment huh? So what's the status as you know it now???

P.S. I will say that Tal did me a solid on an issue with wheels a couple of weeks ago, but the wheels got sold 15 minutes before I made the call to him. Not his fault though. Still this issue with your brake calipers is totally inexcusable and they should offer you a huge discount AND put you at the front of the line. Sorry to see you or anyone have to go through that.

Good luck just the same...
Old 04-29-2015, 04:24 PM
Banned

a car
WOW AMGPower88,

How sweet is that? You send in your calipers to get painted. You pay to have them painted. They tell you a week and you'll have them back. But in 20 days you have no calipers, they won't respond to your messages asking about status on your calipers, and then out of nowhere, today they refund your money? Now you have to wait to get your calipers back and your car is still undriveable?

Boy you must have sailed under some really huge lucky stars to get that kind of royal treatment huh? So what's the status as you know it now???

P.S. I will say that Tal did me a solid on an issue with wheels a couple of weeks ago, but the wheels got sold 15 minutes before I made the call to him. Not his fault though. Still this issue with your brake calipers is totally inexcusable and they should offer you a huge discount AND put you at the front of the line. Sorry to see you or anyone have to go through that.

Good luck just the same...
Just for the record he never sent me anything. We painted a core set we had in stock. His car isn't sitting on jack stands waiting for these.

The paint shop is backed up. Nothing I can do. It happens.

I refunded his money the second he mentioned canceling his order and promised him first right of refusal when they are done if he decides he still wants them.
Old 05-07-2015, 05:08 PM

C63 AMG
Tal did refund my money as soon as I questioned them on the status of my calipers recently and Im still waiting on a response from him as to when the calipers will be finished. At this moment, still no update, which probably means the rotors arent finished yet. No matter how busy the paint shop is, sometimes I find it difficult to believe it will take 4+ weeks to paint some rotors, rather disappointing to say the least. Tal did offer me first right of refusal so only time will tell now.. I did miss a few car events already without the new rotors so that was definitely disappointing but hey what can you do but wait.
Old 08-11-2015, 12:01 PM
Banned

a car
I have our core set already painted red, just need to know what decal to apply and clear.

Old 08-11-2015, 12:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
507 SEDAN
Those metallic blue with the yellow logo were mine!!

I can attest to the fact that the exchange program that ACG has is awesome. Tal was great to work with and really reasonable. There were no hitches or any minor issues. And the work that they did was perfect.

To the "painted over parts"; I had no issues with mu brakes malfunctioning or any issues with servicing them. I actually had them installed and then had MB dealership perform a brake job. Flush and fill. And the installation went smoothly.

Just wanted to give a shout-out to Tal and ACG. If you are thinking about it, do it. The only problem or issue you might have is with you. Deciding which color that is.

Just do it!!!!
Old 08-11-2015, 12:44 PM
Banned

a car
Thank you for the high praises Jordan
Old 08-11-2015, 01:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 372 Likes on 186 Posts
C63 AMG
Tal Interested in another set of Calipers?

I upgraded to the OEM PP Red calipers and have my mint Silver set. Not looking for much 1K for the set 80,000 KM on them.
Old 08-11-2015, 03:02 PM
Banned

a car
Originally Posted by Kriston
Tal Interested in another set of Calipers?

I upgraded to the OEM PP Red calipers and have my mint Silver set. Not looking for much 1K for the set 80,000 KM on them.
HAHA. Unfortunately I'm in no need myself. I'm sure someone will pick them up for a fair price tho
Old 09-18-2015, 08:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2010 C63 Estate
Looks like you do a great job with the paint finish.
Old 09-19-2015, 02:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
A V8
Originally Posted by AMGPower88
Tal did refund my money as soon as I questioned them on the status of my calipers recently and Im still waiting on a response from him as to when the calipers will be finished. At this moment, still no update, which probably means the rotors arent finished yet. No matter how busy the paint shop is, sometimes I find it difficult to believe it will take 4+ weeks to paint some rotors, rather disappointing to say the least. Tal did offer me first right of refusal so only time will tell now.. I did miss a few car events already without the new rotors so that was definitely disappointing but hey what can you do but wait.

4 weeks is an excessively long time, for calipers. 4 weeks in my shop and i can paint an entire vehicle.

but tal is a nice guy though, he answered all of my retarded questions when i first got my car.