CTS-V and the C63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2014, 07:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
A V8
CTS-V and the C63

Hey guys, just looking for some input on people who have driven both.

They seem similar, large sedan with big motors.. just curious as to how they feel? Do you feel the weight in one more than the other? How does the powerband feel with the S/C as compared to the N/A c63?

I was absolutely floored when i saw them at the drag strip today. Very impressed with the power from the V. It's actually making me consider it as a runner up for my next car along side the c63..
Old 01-26-2014, 09:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts
'20 GLC300 SUV
Wrong forum.

Last edited by zibby43; 01-26-2014 at 11:24 PM.
Old 01-26-2014, 11:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 246 Likes on 156 Posts
2023 EQS 580
I test drove both coupe versions back to back.
And my biggest take away from the C63 was that it was not a daily driver for me.
The ride was very harsh and unforgiving. This may be fine for the track or for the weekend car. But there is no way in hell I could drive that car on a daily basis.
The CTS-V on the other hand was much better, and seemed to be the best of both worlds.
I didn't get a chance to throw them around corners but I enjoyed driving the CTS more but loved the look of the C63 and the familiar interior.
The C63 seemed to have much more low end torque but after that both felt powerful and linear in delivery.
Old 02-12-2014, 12:40 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2005 E55 AMG Estate
The ride for me in the C63 isn't as bad as some say, but its preference. For me, the interior is a huge part for me. its what you see and use everyday when driving it. The CTS-V is garbage, not as bad as the Vette ( i like vettes btw, so I am not biased ) I can't stand the ergonmics and placement of the buttons gauges etc in the V. Handling, the V might be a bit better but not much. You can't even feel it. The engine alone on the 63 and the drivetrain is much better and less clunky than the V. The rear passenger area of the V is just insanely loud. But drivers dont hear ****. If you dont care about real luxury, then go with the V. But comparing the V with the C63 isn't in the same category.

for the price of a V, I WOULD never buy one for what it is. Oh yeah, forgot.... you wont get an AMG motor Isn't that enough?
Old 02-23-2014, 01:03 AM

Received 58 Likes on 43 Posts
C63 Coupe, 2014, 507
I have owned both.
  • I had a 2012 CTS-V Coupe that I did some upgrades to - bigger blower, cam, exhaust, wheels, etc. A great toy that was extremely powerful (although not so much in standard form), handled okay, and was very unique. Up-sides: Cheap to modify & lots of options available. Big rubber with good traction. Down-sides: Recaro seats were okay, but felt "flimsy". The car squeaked & groaned a lot. Steering was heavy-ish.
  • I now have a 2013 C63 Coupe, currently (temporarily) in standard form. It is an easier car to drive both as a daily drive and when pushing it. It is more comfortable, and has way better handling dynamics. Upsides: Steering is great & matched well to the suspension. Better finish (internal & external) with no creaks & groans, even after hard driving on rough roads. Downsides: Minimal options for upgrades, & they are expensive. Limited traction with no real option of fitting big rubber.
I prefer the C63. I cant see myself getting another CTS-V ... I would rather (and will) upgrade the C63 engine.
Old 10-23-2014, 01:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AmG
C63 with a computer and exhaust all the way. The C63 is sharp like a knife (reminiscent of my Evo 8 & 9 days). The CTSV is just too dull. I have never seen anything as raw and connected as the C63 and I have owned just about everything.
Old 10-30-2014, 06:00 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55
Originally Posted by solekeeper
Hey guys, just looking for some input on people who have driven both.

They seem similar, large sedan with big motors.. just curious as to how they feel? Do you feel the weight in one more than the other? How does the powerband feel with the S/C as compared to the N/A c63?

I was absolutely floored when i saw them at the drag strip today. Very impressed with the power from the V. It's actually making me consider it as a runner up for my next car along side the c63..
Both cars are really different animals and it comes down to goals and choices you need in a car. CTSV is a lot bigger car, easier and less expensive to mod but the C63 carries the respected AMG badge, more nimble and has a better course track feel to it. One shouts GM going down the road and the other shouts Mercedes. What do you prefer?

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd