C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

upper lumbar support never stays "filled"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-29-2014, 03:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
upper lumbar support never stays "filled"

ever since i got this car last year (had 1200 miles on it), the upper lumbar doesn't stay put. i'll "inflate" it to the max setting and by the end of my trip, it's deflated. i am not sure how long it takes but i'd guess within 20 minutes it's flat.

will they tear into the seat for this or just replace the seat? it's not a big enough deal to take the car in JUST for that but if it's going in for anything else, i want it taken care of.
Old 01-30-2014, 12:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 285 Likes on 183 Posts
10 C six trizzle
seat has to come apart. they'll pretty much be taking all the trim off the seat, leather covering to access the bladders and replace them - they are a kit all of the ones in the back rest are connected to one piece. A new seat is like 5k$ on the low side.
Old 01-30-2014, 09:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
Originally Posted by roadtalontsi
seat has to come apart. they'll pretty much be taking all the trim off the seat, leather covering to access the bladders and replace them - they are a kit all of the ones in the back rest are connected to one piece. A new seat is like 5k$ on the low side.
bummer, only because i don't trust them to be as careful as i would be, haha.

we'll see; i have to see what tech in my general area has a great rep and try to get with them when it comes time for the next service or something.

thanks for your reply.
Old 01-30-2014, 08:46 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
E63S
All of my bolsters/lumbar supports etc stopped working. The fault was traced to some wiring that was shorting somewhere in the seat itself. It was a 2 day seat out/pull the whole thing apart extravaganza, thankfully all covered under warranty. Can't fault the workmanship, everything seems to have gone back together and working fine.