Driver's door won't lock

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2014, 09:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
'12 C63 Black Series, '12 ML350 BlueTech
Driver's door won't lock

So my driver's door stopped working properly. Whether it is with my key or the locking button inside the car or the auto-locking feature above 20mph it won't lock. The only way i can lock/unlock that door is manually. All other doors work fine.
So I'm guessing the actuator or the wiring feeding this actuator is dead.
Now the question i have is how do i access this part? Once you remove the door trim you have this aluminum panel that seems to be attached with rivets? Should i drill all of them to remove that piece or is there a simpler way?
Of course if i need to get rid of the rivets which one should i use to put back that panel? Part #?
Old 03-24-2014, 05:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anyone?
Old 03-24-2014, 07:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09 C63, 11 Cayenne S
Try the menu before you dive into that job. If i remember correctly there is an option in there that allows you to do some funky stuff with the windows, like what doors lock when you hit the key fob or soft touching the door etc....You don't wanna go into to your door and deal with that if there is a setting for it. Plus if you don't have a wiring diagram, things can get confusing really quick, like which body control module controls the locks. Believe me, i'm a tech and i don't even attempt it without wiring diagrams. It could be a BCM problem as well, you never know without testing the parts. Did this just happen all of the sudden or did it show signs a while ago (funky door locking from time to time)
Old 03-24-2014, 08:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2010 C63 Estate
Try run Star Diag on it before opening it up
Old 03-24-2014, 08:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by shades
Try the menu before you dive into that job. If i remember correctly there is an option in there that allows you to do some funky stuff with the windows, like what doors lock when you hit the key fob or soft touching the door etc....You don't wanna go into to your door and deal with that if there is a setting for it. Plus if you don't have a wiring diagram, things can get confusing really quick, like which body control module controls the locks. Believe me, i'm a tech and i don't even attempt it without wiring diagrams. It could be a BCM problem as well, you never know without testing the parts. Did this just happen all of the sudden or did it show signs a while ago (funky door locking from time to time)
Yeah it just started all of a sudden but i didn't realize when!lol! I was at a drive thru the other day and my arm accidentally pushed the door pin down. At first I didn't find it strange but then a few minutes later I asked myself why... anyway figured out the problem once parked.
As for the menu which one are you talking about? My car is an 09 and i don't think there is what you mentioned. I didn't check the engineering menu.

Originally Posted by AMG893
Try run Star Diag on it before opening it up
If only I had one. I need to buy an used one some day.

I guess I'll have to drop the car to the stealership at some point