Put 2000 miles on my C this week

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2014, 03:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 846 Likes on 594 Posts
E63S | X5
Put 2000 miles on my C this week

So, I went to visit a friend of mine who underwent an amputation and I ended up driving my C63 from NY to Wisconsin over this past week. It was either my C with 34k miles or my rs4 with almost 100k so I thought my chances were better in the C for being problem free, and I was right.

I know the MPG discussion always comes up. By math I was getting between 20.7 and 21 MPG's on the highway and the computer had me down a 22.3. Small difference, but I was very happy with how well it did on gas. I have springs on the car which made it pretty harsh at times though, particularly through Chicago. What a mess that place is and why I will never live in a big city. I thought overall the seats were also comfortable enough to be in the car for 15-16 hours straight.

On my ride home, things got a little interesting. I had been sleeping all week on an air mattress that was half deflated in the morning. I already have a bad back so this made the drive rather uncomfortable. However, as far as more "technical" shazz, it rained and rained and rained. It literally rain for 15 hours straight, also, I have Pirelli Corsa's up front and I'm thinking it was 15 hours of straight hydroplaning which was quite stressful. I was all over the road and in heavy traffic with semi-trucks I almost lost my mind...

But, at the end of the day, I'm home. CEL free, in one piece. Quite a little car AMG built.

Also, I saw 0, zip, nada, not a single Mercedes the entire time I was in Wisconsin. When I went to Mall of America there were a ton, but that's Minnesota. That being said, some guy in an Escalade at a gas station came up to me and said "Hey bud, interesting in selling your car?" I kind of gave a smug smirk and reply but I hate being called bud by randoms. -- So if anyone is having a hard time selling theirs just drive it through Wisconsin.