Sponsored by:

Selling Back Extended Warranty

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2014, 06:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG
Selling Back Extended Warranty

Last year I purchased an 09 CPO C63 with only 7k miles on it and also purchased the 2 year extended warranty for right at about $4k. I have decided to get a different extended warranty through USAA which I have had previous experience with and is outstanding. The cost of this is 3700 and covers me for 3 years instead of just two. So my question, how does MB refund the extended warranty purchase. I have looked through all the legal stuff and it is fully returned if it has not been originated but does not say how it is refunded. Anyone know if it is in a lump sum or if they adjust my monthly payments, since the car is financed via MB financial.
Old 03-28-2014, 06:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Sedan
The way I understood is if you owe money on your car they apply it toward your total. If you don't owe money, they cut you a check
Old 03-28-2014, 06:56 PM

C63 AMG
Gotcha, so basically my payment each month would drop then since I owe. Thank you for the response.
Old 03-28-2014, 07:45 PM

2000 C280
Sorry to hijack this thread, but does anybody know if you can get a refund if the extended warranty was purchased by a previous owner and transferred over to you.
Old 03-28-2014, 10:21 PM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Audi A5 6MT, C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Sanders27
Gotcha, so basically my payment each month would drop then since I owe. Thank you for the response.
the payment each month wont drop but outstanding amount will. for payment to drop, u have to refinance. if you have not used the warranty, you get the prorated amount back.

fraktv, u will have to contact the dealer from where the warranty was purchased and they will do the paper work for you.
Old 03-29-2014, 10:37 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
SL55
Originally Posted by Sanders27
Last year I purchased an 09 CPO C63 with only 7k miles on it and also purchased the 2 year extended warranty for right at about $4k. I have decided to get a different extended warranty through USAA which I have had previous experience with and is outstanding. The cost of this is 3700 and covers me for 3 years instead of just two. So my question, how does MB refund the extended warranty purchase. I have looked through all the legal stuff and it is fully returned if it has not been originated but does not say how it is refunded. Anyone know if it is in a lump sum or if they adjust my monthly payments, since the car is financed via MB financial.
In order for you to cancel the warranty, the SELLING dealer of the warranty needs a signed written request to cancel (include vin, mileage and reason for cancellation) If your car is financed then the refund goes to the lienholder. The process to get the refund takes about 4 weeks.