C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Bad cabin smell

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-19-2014, 11:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 ///AMG P30
My BMW smelled like crayons and owned it for 8 years.
Old 09-16-2014, 06:47 PM

2011 C63, 2004 S500, 2013 E350, 2013 Ody Elite
Hi,
My 2011 has similar crayon melting smell and its most noticable when the sunroof pop open with or w/o AC with air flow direct to wildshield only. With window open or sunroof open, the smell is not as strong due to mix of outside air but still notice able. When the window and sunroof all close, its not as noticeable. It feels like smell comes in thru leak behind the dash and nothing to do with air vent as no sign of smell from vents. Truck has the most heavy small at open since all air stay inside the truck after driving.

Went thru purchase dealer, after 4 visits, nothing was fix and claim no such smell.

One dealer is trying to get to the bottom of is after re-seal and replacing all panels between firewall and behind dash and entire cabin carpet and floormate, the smell still presist. After retest drive, this time with both shop forman and tech in the car, they will go thru the issue one more time. Not sure is possible after reading all the fourms and no one really able to fix this issue.

I still have 2 more dealers between my home/work commute...will keep trying to get this fix else will just get rid of it. Really can't stand the small. Never have this kind of smell with all my MBs ownership.
Old 09-16-2014, 10:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 C63
My car sometimes will smell like gasoline is being sprayed right in my face when I am driving. I won't lie I kinda enjoy it. Haha
Old 09-17-2014, 12:47 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63
Our car had the good leather smell. then the Dealer detailed it with strong chemicals. I would not have let him do it if I had known. We have a strong smell. I used the spare once and it may have been in a bag of some sort. I'm going to look at it and see if I can put a cheap plastic bag over it and fasten it back down. Then I'm going to Tandys and get some good smelling leather scraps and put them in a baggie, after damning them and leave the bag half open under the seats. There are conditioners to that work. I like the rich leather smell. It is one of the reason I bought my Lechasse boots. Not sure of the spelling, right now.
Old 12-06-2014, 03:37 AM

2011 C63, 2004 S500, 2013 E350, 2013 Ody Elite
Update with my interior "WAX" smell.
Dealer found exactly the smell and is the smell from the wax/anti rust that apply to inside the frame. After more than 30+ days and replacing entire interior carpet, floor mate, reseal firewall and seals all the leaks (dealer use smoke blow thru the frame to see the leaks) and still can't fix.
I finally request to repurchase my car and I got the offer today...entire payments and down minus the mileage before the 1st visit for the issue and 3rd party paint warranty. I accept the offer and proceed to repurchase process.

...did u notice duck tape to seal?!
Attached Thumbnails Bad cabin smell-img_1467-1-.jpg   Bad cabin smell-img_1465-2-.jpg  
Old 08-26-2015, 01:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
'10 C63
i've got a 2010 with this strange smell too... the car doesn't have to be driven... just needs to stay parked for a while. if it's parked for a day or longer it's stronger when you get in... like crayons...

i've read around and some MBs have this same problem... something about foam under the panels... and someone even said there was a TSB for it but i've never seen it...

i doubt my extended warranty would cover whatever it would take to fix this smell...