Modification Dyno Proven HP Gains

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 07:03 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
S550 on order
Originally Posted by JRSJR65
See my sig for mods and it is simple. "Fast, Low & Loud" I love it as is, wouldn't change a thing.
are the headers loud? i have straight pipes right now just 2nd cat delete and it's pretty loud ..how much hp did you get from headers?
Old 11-02-2014, 08:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
push bike
Hey all,

I just wanted to ask, For those of you guys that have changed the headers and removed the secondary cats, did it change the tone of the car at all? in other words does it still have the stock note but just louder? or was the sound changed completely?

reason i asked is because i'd still like it to sound original but just louder. i know by removing the secondary cats this can be achieved without too much work involved.

Last edited by OH_NAH; 11-02-2014 at 08:24 PM.
Old 11-02-2014, 08:46 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
ford svt's, and C63!!!
Originally Posted by Autosport7
If I were to install lt headers and leave the exhaust stock how much louder does the car get?
And what are the dyno proven results from stock boxes to row's?
I already have K&N's btw.
Using my g-tech pro, I went from a 13.2 with tune only to 12.5 in the 1/4 with re-tune and MHP 1st gen headers and catless pipes into stock resonator and factory mufflers/tail-pipes. it is ALOT louder, but mainly only when you step on it, it's not "out of hand", unless you want it to be.

Also for a little real world gain, I went from a best of 9.1, to an 8.6 in the eighth mile, from tune only, to headers and re-tune.