Difference between Weistec stage 1 and 2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-14-2014, 05:38 PM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by johnnyblaze
All that and my Dyno sheets didn't change...

Any other tricks you have?
Take it up with Newton and Otto
The laws of physics apply to all
Whether you believe or not

Gravity
Deny it
Jump out of a window
Let me know how it works out for you
Lol

Johnnyblaze blazing too much
Cough cough pass pass
Old 05-14-2014, 05:42 PM
Banned

C63 AMG
I can make a dyno read whatever I want
The more you pay the more you gain lol

If you gained 25% torque across the power band say 4500 to redline you would be running low 11's
Like 11.2 or so

A ramp dyno is bs

The only true power test
Run engine to powrr peak rpm + a few 100 rpm
Increase load until rpm drops to hp peak rpm
Stabilize for 15 sec
Then record for 15 sec

Anything else is hogwash

Last edited by Ingenieur; 05-14-2014 at 05:44 PM.
Old 05-14-2014, 05:52 PM
Banned

C63 AMG
On street tires
No weight reduction
Probably closer to 11 flat
On 91 octane
480 whp

Probably faster
Time is linear with torque
25% more torque/thrust should increase your rate of acceleration and decrease the time linearly

You should be running gtr and 911 turbo s traps and close et 's

Last edited by Ingenieur; 05-14-2014 at 05:59 PM.
Old 05-14-2014, 07:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,598 Likes on 940 Posts
2010 C63 AMG
I ran a 10.96...
Old 05-14-2014, 09:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 388 Likes on 189 Posts
C63 AMG
Johnny what bolt ons and tune are you using?
Old 05-14-2014, 09:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 Weistec Supercharged
Originally Posted by Weistec
The difference is about 5-6 tenths in the quarter mile (half a second or more). It is a huge difference in horsepower and torque.

There are supercharger hardware changes but they are minor. Please let us know how we can assist. Thanks!

Weistec Engineering
Thanks fellas,
I am pretty certain i will be going stage 2 after i have fitted the ARP studs.
Not because i need or can handle more power......but as the saying goes you can never have enough power.

I dare say its my right foot that needs calibrating to improve on the launches

The S/C scene is taking off in the UK now (well 3 M156's to date) so intresting times ahead.
Old 05-14-2014, 10:14 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
CLS63S
Originally Posted by Kriston
Johnny what bolt ons and tune are you using?
I wont thread derail anymore. Shoot me a PM.
Old 05-14-2014, 10:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 325 Likes on 238 Posts
'19 E63S sedan
Originally Posted by Ingenieur
Bear in mind that the SLS ONLY makes 560...
Actually, the latest SLS (Black Series) is factory-rated at 622, and M-B is always conservative.
Old 05-15-2014, 12:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 309 Likes on 198 Posts
10 C six trizzle
So first i'll address the off topics....

Ya im with ingenieur with the high 400whp bolt on cars, it's b.s. Sure i believe your dyno sheet, but it's just because the dyno isnt accurate. Go get on a mustang dyno thats properly calibrated and you'll be lucky to hit 450whp.

The sls has a carbon fiber torque tube and dual clutch transmission, not to mention a much much much better flowing intake good for about 40hp alone. All of these are responsible for making power and putting it down more efficiently. No your mct is not a dual clutch or even close, nor does it have a carbon fiber torque tube it has a heavy *** driveshaft. Sure throw that intake manifold on your car and you'll lose valuable low end torque thats needed to get a 500lb heavier car moving for daily driving. Will an sls put down 500whp? - probably really close with bolt on's and a tune.

So back on topic.... You guys with your bolt on's and tune's dont understand your car's dont make anywhere near the instant torque of the s.c. cars. I cant comment on the yoko's but i hate yokohama tires. They all pretty much suck. Maybe the r-comps by them are ok? I've never tried them but all the others are terrible. As for the pss, they'll get you decent life but off the line or roll traction under 40mph forget about it. With out a set of dedicated slicks - not drag radials there is a big difference, you will not be getting off the line without spin. The best non slick tiree you can get in my opinion would be a toyo r888. It's a dot legal r-comp (road race tire) it will only last about 3k miles but will hook way better than any tire i've used. Terrible in the rain and have to get some heat in them to start working but overall amazing.

I cant speak for the difference in stage 1 to 2 but you should think about doing the valve body upgrade at minimum for the transmission. Is the power usable with stage 2 (i can speak for)? well if you arent hooking below 40 already more power isnt going to help any. Usually from 60mph+ it hooks and is plenty usable (unless it's like 30-40* out)
Old 05-15-2014, 12:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 Weistec Supercharged
Originally Posted by roadtalontsi
So first i'll address the off topics....

Ya im with ingenieur with the high 400whp bolt on cars, it's b.s. Sure i believe your dyno sheet, but it's just because the dyno isnt accurate. Go get on a mustang dyno thats properly calibrated and you'll be lucky to hit 450whp.

The sls has a carbon fiber torque tube and dual clutch transmission, not to mention a much much much better flowing intake good for about 40hp alone. All of these are responsible for making power and putting it down more efficiently. No your mct is not a dual clutch or even close, nor does it have a carbon fiber torque tube it has a heavy *** driveshaft. Sure throw that intake manifold on your car and you'll lose valuable low end torque thats needed to get a 500lb heavier car moving for daily driving. Will an sls put down 500whp? - probably really close with bolt on's and a tune.

So back on topic.... You guys with your bolt on's and tune's dont understand your car's dont make anywhere near the instant torque of the s.c. cars. I cant comment on the yoko's but i hate yokohama tires. They all pretty much suck. Maybe the r-comps by them are ok? I've never tried them but all the others are terrible. As for the pss, they'll get you decent life but off the line or roll traction under 40mph forget about it. With out a set of dedicated slicks - not drag radials there is a big difference, you will not be getting off the line without spin. The best non slick tiree you can get in my opinion would be a toyo r888. It's a dot legal r-comp (road race tire) it will only last about 3k miles but will hook way better than any tire i've used. Terrible in the rain and have to get some heat in them to start working but overall amazing.

I cant speak for the difference in stage 1 to 2 but you should think about doing the valve body upgrade at minimum for the transmission. Is the power usable with stage 2 (i can speak for)? well if you arent hooking below 40 already more power isnt going to help any. Usually from 60mph+ it hooks and is plenty usable (unless it's like 30-40* out)
Thanks for the advice....Here in the UK It rains most of the time so the Toyo R888 would be out of the question ha ha.

I want to get the valve body upgrade done but its just the down time that's the killer. i.e. removing and sending to Weistec to upgrade and then return....the same goes for a built transmission...i cringe to think what the shipment cost would be.

As you say the Torque and power with the S/C is in a different league from the "bolt on mods" anyone who i have took out for a quick spin, have been at first scared and then just blown away by the shear power and acceleration from any speed.