507 Edition Gearbox Problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2014, 11:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 507 Edition Coupe
507 Edition Gearbox Problem

Hello guys,
My name is Fernando, I live in Chile and I am new to the fórum, eventhough I followed the forums prior to the purshase of my C63 507 Edition and during the almost 6 months that it took to arrive.
I refer to the forum to see if someone has experienced the same problem I had with my car, which is that with only 600 Kms. (390 milles) it started smoking because of a leak of the gearbox coolant, caused by faulty o-ring (so they said). They took 1 day to fix it and returned the car but only after 1.000 kilometers of the intial repair, it happend again. This time, they took 3 weeks to solve it and they informed that they have changed the entire hose. Now the car is 3.700 Kms (2.400 milles) and the car started smoking again.
I suspect now that the problem is not a faulty o-ring or hose but a more serius problem with gearbox and I would like to know if any of you have had a similar problem and also what, in your opinion, to expect from the dealer, which is the oficial importer for all MB lineup.
Kindest regards and I hope that more experienced people, like many of you are, can orient me
Fernando

Read more: https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...#ixzz32smVA3Sl
Old 05-27-2014, 07:40 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 C63 AMG 507 Edition
Hi Fernando:

First off, welcome...I have 1500 KLMs on my 507 with no issues...other than it taking a sec to engage from reverse to drive....which I'm told is normal...hopefully they dealer will get to the bottom of it....pretty new here also, and have not seen anything on a 507 gearbox issues...good luck
Old 05-27-2014, 08:04 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
'17 MB G63 AMG
OP,

I have a large cloud of blue & white smoke that lingers upon most start-ups.
Never had that amount of volume or colour from my '11 C63 upon start up...

When you noticed the smoke from your car, did it come from your exhaust?

My only complaint with my tranny is that it takes more than a second to engage from Park into Drive, or from Drive into Reverse. I don't recall this much delay from my former '11 C63.

I'll give it another weekend and will consider taking my car in to get an anlysis of the large cloud of smoke coming from my exhaust. I'm beginning to think this is not normal...

GL/Cheers,

BB
Old 05-27-2014, 08:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 507 Edition Coupe
The issue is that, once the gearbox has reached temperature, over 90º C, it leaks the coolant through the joint of the gearbox and the hose (the First time they said it was a fawlty o-ring, the second time they replaced the entire hose) and when the oily coolant hits the exaust pipe, a big clowd of smoke comes through the engine bay and from underneath the car.
A per the delay on shifting from reverse to drive, I have never experienced it.
WR
Fernando