C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

HELP!: Hazard Button,ESP Button, Passenger Airbag Lights not working

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2014, 05:37 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 C63
Question HELP!: Hazard Button,ESP Button, Passenger Airbag Lights not working

Hi all, tried searching for a thread on this problem so here it is.

The Hazard Lights Button, ESP on/off Button and Passenger airbag indicator are not working (not lit and do not function). They are all housed in the same panel. I believe it happened after I forgot my lights ON which depleted the battery and we had to jumpstart the car with a portable jumper. I'd like to get some advice before taking the car to dealer.

Thanks
Old 05-29-2014, 10:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 305 Likes on 224 Posts
'19 E63S sedan
Originally Posted by elbiba
Hi all, tried searching for a thread on this problem so here it is.

The Hazard Lights Button, ESP on/off Button and Passenger airbag indicator are not working (not lit and do not function). They are all housed in the same panel. I believe it happened after I forgot my lights ON which depleted the battery and we had to jumpstart the car with a portable jumper. I'd like to get some advice before taking the car to dealer.

Thanks
Could be the front SAM.

FYI, the manual says to only jump start using another battery and never a portable jumper. They can fry a number of electronic components. I don't mean to beat a dead horse when it's down (I guess all dead horses are down), but it's a good reminder for the rest of us. Good luck with it.

Last edited by whoover; 05-29-2014 at 10:43 AM.
Old 05-29-2014, 11:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 286 Likes on 184 Posts
10 C six trizzle
start by just disconnecting the battery. pull the negative side off for a few minutes then reconnect. Alot of times a hard reset will bring things back to life.
Old 05-30-2014, 04:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2010 C63 Estate
Like Roadtalontsi said, DC Neg Battery for a few mins.
SHOULD clear it up.

Failing that, possibly front SAM, but hard to know without hooking up to Star
Old 05-31-2014, 10:41 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 C63
Resolved!! Took it to my mechanic for a diagnostic. Got error msgs:<br />
- Cannot connect to front SAM. Check fuse!<br />
- Low voltage (for most of the electric components)<br />
Checked fuse #18 while still plugged in the box, No damage... Removed it, plugged it back in, everything back to normal again. Ordered a new battery, this one lasted for 6 years
The following users liked this post:
FIFOU DUBLED (05-15-2021)
Old 05-15-2021, 04:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c 63 amg 2008
Thumbs up

I thank you Sir, had the same issue, did the same trick and it worked
Old 09-03-2021, 02:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes
Help

Originally Posted by elbiba
Resolved!! Took it to my mechanic for a diagnostic. Got error msgs:<br />
- Cannot connect to front SAM. Check fuse!<br />
- Low voltage (for most of the electric components)<br />
Checked fuse #18 while still plugged in the box, No damage... Removed it, plugged it back in, everything back to normal again. Ordered a new battery, this one lasted for 6 years
Having the same problem as i write...where is fuse 18 located
Old 10-07-2021, 12:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AMG GTS 2016
Exhaust Module Light goes out

2016 AMG GTS 20K MILES

Hi all, I read your posts and wanted to share my problem as well. Bought the car stock, no problems with the light on the exhaust button on console.
Went to a performance shop, installed ARMYTRIX CATLESS DOWN PIPES, Approx 1 month or 250miles later, the exhaust RED light turns on when I start the car, but when I out it in drive (S+ or manually press it) the light goes off. Whats odd is, i can tell the sound gets louder and quieter when i press and press it again (although the light is not working, the sound changes). I have also notices a slight performance drop in the car's acceleration.

Was wondering installing a catless downpipe, would there be a vacuume issue ( I assume thats how these flaps are controlled) or any other issue. I just spent 4.5k (2K on catless DP and 1k install + 1500 for a stage 2 tune heinz-performance) I dont want to or can't really change the entire exhaust or muffler part again)

Wanted to check if the sound is changing then the system is working? or should i take it back to the shop who installed the catless downpipes and have them check the valves/vacuum if the flaps are moving)
I am just confused, if the sound is changing (although the light is not coming on) do you guys think the system is working "mechanically"?

Any and all help is appreciated. I did see some error code on the NTG5 Command module, but wasn't quick enough to take a picture or write it down.