Sponsored by:

Weistec Power: Stage 2 C63 dyno results

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2014, 10:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 302 Likes on 194 Posts
10 C six trizzle
lol, ya'll think these heatsoak so bad. You have no idea what a kompressor 55 motor and v12 feels like, they have BAD heatsoak. Atleast the weistecs are really only noticeable on the dyno. driving around it's I cant say i've ever noticed. On the dyno mine really only dropped 10-20whp over the course of a few pulls. That's in texas heat too. The 55's and v12's will go into a limp type mode w/o throwing a cel and pull boost and timing. Output of 9:1 without boost and timing is no where near 11.3:1 without timing.

Last edited by roadtalontsi; 06-30-2014 at 10:31 PM.
Old 07-02-2014, 01:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL63 AMG
Originally Posted by roadtalontsi
lol, ya'll think these heatsoak so bad. You have no idea what a kompressor 55 motor and v12 feels like, they have BAD heatsoak. Atleast the weistecs are really only noticeable on the dyno. driving around it's I cant say i've ever noticed. On the dyno mine really only dropped 10-20whp over the course of a few pulls. That's in texas heat too. The 55's and v12's will go into a limp type mode w/o throwing a cel and pull boost and timing. Output of 9:1 without boost and timing is no where near 11.3:1 without timing.
I agree %100. The M156 engines pull down some amazing and consistent power in very hot climates better than the V12 and the 55. It even retains power much better than the new M157 engine.

Heatsoak aint all that bad with the M156
Old 05-08-2022, 04:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS 55 AMG
3 sec dynoruns?

Hello;

Good power update. Prize about kit?

But have anybody dynotested these with real rolling road dyno, with 20 sec dynoruns like Maha ? https://www.maha.de/en/products/perf...w-allrad~p2018

These 3 sec dynoruns do not tell anything about real road power.
Intake air heat will reduse power very much with longer dynoruns.
-Arwid

Originally Posted by Jacob-63
I recently modified a 2012 C63 AMG for my friend. it previously dynoed 450rwhp with an ECU tune + Supersprint headers.

Here is the previous dynosheet:

I added a 2.3L to it and the car just runs amazing. It beat a couple of modified 2013 Shelby Mustangs, some modified GTR's and a couple of ZL1's. I took it to the dyno. It was crazy hot. Temps were around 110F. I was really surprised to how well and consistent the beast dynoed in this hot weather. All 5 runs were close (within 10 whp difference from min to max).

The car does not have an Ice Tank, it did 572 whp, a gain of 122 whp from the previous dyno run on a hotter weather. I want to thank Weistec for calibrating this car with an amazing software tune as promised.

Here are the post dyno results after the supercharger upgrade:

Here is a short video of a dyno pull
Weistec Stage 2 supercharger dynoing 572 whp - YouTube
Here are the conditions of all the runs, very undesirable conditions, but the engine was surprisingly consistent:

Here is a comparison graph between the previous runs and runs after the supercharger upgrade, a healthy whp gain: