C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For those of you with straight pipes in California...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2014 | 02:54 PM

2022 4 Runner Pro, supercharged and lifted Lime Rush, 2018 E63s wagon Edition 1
To give you some idea of how strict smog stations are now: My 2002 Toyota Tundra with an AEM cold air intake and JBA shorty headers are both CARB approved. The AEM didn't come with a sticker with the E.O. # but the headers have a plate on one side with the E.O. #. Never had an issue as I just printed out the CARB number from the ca.gov site and showed it to the smog tech. Well, this year I was told by three different places that they could not test it because they could not read the number on the headers (oxidized over the years) and they would not accept the printouts that I had from the CA site with the E.O. numbers for both mods. Finally found someone to do it as he actually buffed out the plate and could read the number and just looked up the AEM number himself (after I showed him the paperwork I printed). Now I also have all four cats and the exhaust bolted right up to the headers (which are considered replacement exhaust manifolds) with a custom exhaust after the secondary but that has never been an issue. I now have a sticker from AEM (lots of docs/photos to get) but because of this I plan on keeping my '13 C63/P31/LSD sedan pretty much stock. So be careful with the mods as the smog police are not nice at all to the smog techs or the citizens. Also, CA has a law that will allow modded cars caught racing on the street to be taken and crushed (from what I understand) with no compensation to the owner.
Old 06-28-2014 | 05:21 PM

MB W212, MB W218, BMW F06, BMW F48
Its very simple..All you have to do is find any smog shops that pass your car illegally. Theres a lot of places that do it here in LA So Cal area. It costs from $100 to $250 and it includes the certificate.