C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Failed Inspection due to "Not Ready" on a couple sensors...

Old 07-22-2014, 07:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'10 P30 C63 AMG
Failed Inspection due to "Not Ready" on a couple sensors...

Yeeup. The computer returned a "Not Ready" for the "O2 Sensor" and "O2 Sensor Htr" (you're allowed one NR to pass).

I cleared a check engine light that came on after my first tank of gas here in Houston...that was on June 20th.

Other than that, I had it at the dealer to just look the car over (figured it'd be good since it's a used AMG) probably 3 weeks ago. They didn't find any issues and didn't charge me anything...I suppose they could have done something with it? Still...that was 3 weeks ago.

How long do these cars take to reset their drive cycle?

I don't understand why any sensors would be showing not ready.

Any ideas?
Old 07-22-2014, 07:44 PM

'10 P30 C63 AMG
OH!

And I'm running the Eurocharged V5.

Just saw this thread.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...led-again.html

I'll shoot Jerry an email...
Old 07-22-2014, 09:23 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
ml55, Ml63, Porsche, C63S ED1
interesting to see not only CA practices the NR code enforcement for SMOG. The time to set all the indicators from my experience is not time but rather going through the various drive cycles to check the different codes. If you have an OBD2 reader, you can find which codes aren't ready, then google the normal procedure to get the computer to check it. You can put literally 100's or even over 1000 miles before you get it to get ready if you don't do the proper cycle. I drove 400 miles on a trip and only got 1 sensor to go off. After finding the right cycles on some of my cars I can get it to go off in 2 trips about 5 miles each. I can have it smog ready in 2 trips I believe they allow one ready sensor in CA to not be ready out of the complete list.
Old 07-22-2014, 10:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 285 Likes on 183 Posts
10 C six trizzle
the readiness to set oxygen sensors and oxygen sensor heaters is something like drive for 15minutes, then go 55-65 for 5 minutes and do a few decels from 65 down to 45 - just lift off the throttle. typically you can get them all set to ready within about 3 separate drive cycles in about 80-100miles. drive cycle being - from cold start with mixed city and highway. Your tune is most likely the problem, if you dont have long tubes or cat deletes i see no reason for those to be disabled.
Old 07-23-2014, 07:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 53 Posts
C63 AMG P30 *EuroCharged*| Porsche Cayenne | Buell XB9SX
Originally Posted by Illegal Machine
OH! And I'm running the Eurocharged V5. Just saw this thread. https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...led-again.html I'll shoot Jerry an email...
please post up what they say, if anything.
Old 07-23-2014, 08:27 PM

'10 P30 C63 AMG
They got back with me pretty quick. Since I don't have any mods on the car (literally, just the tune), they said the fastest thing would be to just put the stock tune on it, drive 30mi and retest.

I swapped the tune and drove over there immediately, since they said they'd check it for free (before running the retest). This time, instead of O2 Sens and O2 Sens Htr being Not Ready, it was only the O2 Sens.

And instead of "Catalyst" reading "N/S" (no sensor, I assume), it now read "Not Ready".

Since that's two Not Ready's, it would have failed so they said to bring it back tomorrow.

Freaked the guy out with the sensors swapping places with "Not Ready". Especially since it said "N/S" before. He said he'd never seen anything like it. HA!

Pretty interesting.

Last edited by Illegal Machine; 07-23-2014 at 08:29 PM.