C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

How can this be fixed without Hammering?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2014, 05:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 P31 Coupe 13'
Unhappy How can this be fixed without Hammering?

Hello guys,

Yesterday I opened the door and got hit into the edge of the wall. Nothing happened to the car's door painting, but a small line pump was made. You can barley see it under the sun or under the shade, even when you focus you might not notice it. However, the car to me is like my gf. I can't stop thinking about the door having a scar So I took it to Ziebart garage and they are known to fix cars damage with sucking the metal into its original form. Unfortunately, they told me my door can't be fixed with just sucking the metal because there is no way to access that part of the door from the back. They told me only "hammering" and re-painting the whole door

I don't think it is worth hammering and re-painting the whole door for this!

Here are some pictures of the hit. You gotta have good brightness in your device to see it with zooming in.. Please someone give me a solution and tell me that it can be fixed without being hammered and re-painting the whole door

Sincerely,
El-Debs

Last edited by El-Debs; 08-02-2014 at 06:45 AM.
Old 08-02-2014, 07:14 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
RR Evoque Dynamic, Benz Valente (work hack)
You need a Paintless Dent Repairer - one who is experienced.

I could fix this no problems. It needs to be carefully knocked down using our tools, a PDR light and experienced tech.

The edge of your door is slightly kinked in too. A soft plastic hammer will get this straight with no damage.

No painting is necessary for this damage. If I was local i'd help you out.

Last edited by schmick325; 08-02-2014 at 07:19 AM.
Old 08-02-2014, 07:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
A V8
as he said, PDR is your best option..

From my body shop experience, it shouldn't have to be painted.
Old 08-02-2014, 07:21 AM

100%, this is an easy job for A GOOD PDR tech
Old 08-02-2014, 08:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
2010 C63 AMG, 2009 ISF , 2002 L-Tuned IS300, 2011 ML350
Looks like the door got folded a bit, definitely needs a pro in dent repairs. Bodyshop will always tell u it needs to be repainted cuz that's how they make money. Lol
Old 08-02-2014, 09:47 AM

C63 P31 Coupe 13'
Thank you so much guys.. I really appreciate your replies!
Old 08-02-2014, 10:14 AM

C63 P31 Coupe 13'
Originally Posted by Roswell
Looks like the door got folded a bit, definitely needs a pro in dent repairs. Bodyshop will always tell u it needs to be repainted cuz that's how they make money. Lol
Well buddy, people noticed that the edge is also a bit bent to the inside where the hit is found in the door. They said if this was knocked out it 90% will make the paint crack. Maybe leaving the edge as it is my only solution and try to find a professional guy in PDR to repair the hit...
Old 08-02-2014, 12:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG
I personally disagree with my cohorts on this one. The dent is not an impression where PDR is an easy fix. This appears to be a folded door edge. This creates more of an "outward" dent if you will.
The likely hood of the paint not chipping is slim as the integrity of the paint has been compromised along that seam even though it doesn't appear that way.

I personally would take my chances with a fender flare tool by Eastwood (pictured below) to try and remove the fold as best as possible and hope like hell that paint doesnt chip. If I does, off to the body shop.

Anytime you dent metal, if it has a surface topping such as paint in this case you stretch the molecules of the product. When you try to put it back where it a originally was it tends to crack as stretching the material allows for more forgiveness and elasticity than a compromised material after the fact.

Side note: I would use a heat gun when you use the fender flare tool, will help to not allow the paint to crack.

Last edited by Autosport7; 08-02-2014 at 12:19 PM.
Old 08-02-2014, 12:33 PM

C63 P31 Coupe 13'
Originally Posted by Autosport7
I personally disagree with my cohorts on this one. The dent is not an impression where PDR is an easy fix.
Thanks man, what you have said is right. This bi*tch is not easy to fix even with PDR. I wish it was easy to fix, what's killing me is that there is no way in hell to access that dent.

I am trying to understand the tool you posted, but I didn't quite get it.. it looks new to me xD
Old 08-02-2014, 01:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG
It is really nothing more than an over sized pair of pliers that has a nice flat piece to cover a big surface area on the panel you are trying to put back in its place (in your case anyway). It's intended use is to flare a fender out away from its original form where I would recommend using it to put the panel back into its original form or place. Very easy to use and cheap.
Old 08-02-2014, 04:38 PM

I fix damage like this day in day out. Don't listen to anyone else, this damage is 150% PDR all day

You need this hammer. In the hands of someone who knows what they are doing will sort your door egde out in 2 mins, with NO paint damage.

The high ridge line just needs to be carefully managed and will disappear.
Attached Thumbnails How can this be fixed without Hammering?-h-3-500x500.jpg  
Old 08-02-2014, 04:41 PM

That pliers tool above will cause a mess in no time.

Just call a PDR company.

What area do you live in? I have a network on FB with guys all over the US, guy that will make this go away
Old 08-02-2014, 04:43 PM

No paint has been compromised here, or it would be split. MB has some of the best panel and paint used on their cars. They are a dream to work on compared to say a Hyundai.

I've nothing to gain from this as I am in Australia, but if no one believes me, check my FB page for what can be done.

Your damage is a walk in the park.

https://www.facebook.com/PrimeDentRepair

Last edited by schmick325; 08-02-2014 at 04:47 PM.
Old 08-02-2014, 05:40 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 C63 AW
I know this sounds weird, but I'd live with it and move on. You got your first blemish on a perfect thing. Shopping carts, kids playing ball, and careless drivers are a part of the world we live in.

By having this imperfection, you might have less anxiety in enjoying the car...... we used to use this saying when I was younger. We'd say "you got the guru out" which meant, now that it's not perfect, you will enjoy it even more without the concern of keeping it perfect.
Old 08-02-2014, 07:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 C63 Coupe
Smile

Originally Posted by Autosport7
I personally disagree with my cohorts on this one. The dent is not an impression where PDR is an easy fix. This appears to be a folded door edge. This creates more of an "outward" dent if you will.
The likely hood of the paint not chipping is slim as the integrity of the paint has been compromised along that seam even though it doesn't appear that way.

I personally would take my chances with a fender flare tool by Eastwood (pictured below) to try and remove the fold as best as possible and hope like hell that paint doesnt chip. If I does, off to the body shop.

Anytime you dent metal, if it has a surface topping such as paint in this case you stretch the molecules of the product. When you try to put it back where it a originally was it tends to crack as stretching the material allows for more forgiveness and elasticity than a compromised material after the fact.

Side note: I would use a heat gun when you use the fender flare tool, will help to not allow the paint to crack.

No disrespect meant, but are you suggesting a person with no experience using this tool attempt a repair that has to be done precisely or face a worse problem? What could possibly go wrong?
Old 08-02-2014, 07:28 PM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
C63 AMG
You have an expert pdr pro saying it's a standard repair
I would tend to trust him
Give it a shot
If they get it back to 90% plus that means you will have to look for it and others will never notice
Old 08-02-2014, 07:31 PM
Banned

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by -Marlin-
I know this sounds weird, but I'd live with it and move on. You got your first blemish on a perfect thing. Shopping carts, kids playing ball, and careless drivers are a part of the world we live in.

By having this imperfection, you might have less anxiety in enjoying the car...... we used to use this saying when I was younger. We'd say "you got the guru out" which meant, now that it's not perfect, you will enjoy it even more without the concern of keeping it perfect.
As strange as it sounds there is something to this
Perfectly imperfect lol
I'd get the pdr and live with the result, which imo will be good
Old 08-02-2014, 09:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 81 Posts
C63 AMG
In my experience there has been nothing that a top-level PDR technician can't fix. The latest was a few weeks ago when a brush at the car wash fell on my hood, putting both a nasty dent and crease in an area totally enclosed by an underside structural element, with seemingly no way to access it. My guy worked it out perfectly in 20 mins. Amazing...
Old 08-02-2014, 09:45 PM

C63 P31 Coupe 13'
Originally Posted by schmick325
I've nothing to gain from this as I am in Australia, but if no one believes me, check my FB page for what can be done.

Your damage is a walk in the park.

https://www.facebook.com/PrimeDentRepair
Thank you man I really do believe you and you actually raised my hopes a bit more up. Sadly, at the mean time I don't live in the U.S., but in middle east for a couple of years. It hard to find a PDR expert, which is the only thing kicking my head.

Originally Posted by -Marlin-
I know this sounds weird
It is not weird at all, it is actually the truth. You know, ill give it a shot and find someone and if it didn't work.. then thats how I gotta live with it until some asswh*le smashes my door and then I have to take it for full door fixing and painting.

Originally Posted by Ingenieur
Give it a shot
That is what I am planning to do

Originally Posted by bhamg
nothing that a top-level PDR technician can't fix.
Thats what I believe in! I have actually seen worst sh*T happening to my car and they got it fixed I don't why this situation they made it look so hard to fix

Thanks again a lot for those who participated in giving me their opinion, which actually really helped in terms of getting the real picture of this issue. I really love this forum and its members.

Cheers,
El-Debs
Old 08-02-2014, 10:59 PM
Banned

C63 AMG
Call a few high end dealers and ask them if they can recommend someone
They probably have a guy they use
Old 08-02-2014, 11:53 PM

C63 P31 Coupe 13'
Originally Posted by Ingenieur
Call a few high end dealers and ask them if they can recommend someone
They probably have a guy they use
That is what I am planning to do Ill check what happens and what they would suggest me doing and I'll update you guys here
Old 08-05-2014, 12:11 PM

C63 P31 Coupe 13'
UPDATE: I went to 5 Garages and none was able to fix. They all said it can't be reached or PDRed and if I had to fix it I have to hammer it and repaint it. What a fuc*ed up people here in this place. Experts need to have a garage open for them, I bet they will be successful unlike those 1000 shi*ty garages here..
Old 08-05-2014, 12:55 PM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts
'16 C63-S
OK stop crying now we don't care
Old 08-05-2014, 01:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
'12 C63 Black Series, '12 ML350 BlueTech
^ hahaha
Honestly if it was such a pain to get fixed i would live with it! It is barely noticeable. At the end of the day it is just a car.
Just be happy you are alive and drive it. Next time you'll pay more attention when opening the door
Old 08-05-2014, 11:29 PM

C63 P31 Coupe 13'
Originally Posted by - Guilty -
OK stop crying now we don't care
Lol "Gulity" speak of your self please. If you don't care then get the FU*K out of my thread. You never learn or what? BTW, where is your c63 huh? why are you still in this forum? Remember when you told me I will never buy one? What a ridicules person honestly.

Last edited by El-Debs; 08-05-2014 at 11:36 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How can this be fixed without Hammering?