C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Is it possible to have headers with out being insanely loud? (And no smoke)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2014, 11:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Black Series
Is it possible to have headers with out being insanely loud? (And no smoke)

I bought MBH Headers through Eurocharged yesterday. Ever since my stomach has been in knots wondering whether they are going to be 'too loud' for daily driving. I still have no idea what to expect -I have never heard a car with headers in person.

I am very excited for the possible performance gains and would like the car to be louder than the current stock set up. My previous sedan had the resonator delete and that was a big improvement over stock but I could have still gone for a little bit more noise. Im hoping the Headers will help with this.

At the same time I dont want the car to be obnoxious when Im driving casually or puffing black smoke like the C63 coupe in this video.

Old 08-12-2014, 12:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 Barolo red C63 AMG (SOLD).13' P31 c63 coupe 2012 porsche panamera
The coupe in the video is a stage 3 weistec with tons and tons of mods. Your car won't be like that with just mbh headers. Headers are loud, but it's all personal preference. With cats and resonator shouldn't be a problem honestly. But if you want it's max potential, cats have to go. You could always install some race cats or buy a valvetronic catback lol
Old 08-12-2014, 12:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Steel Grey Metallic C63!!
Originally Posted by VaclavSV
I bought MBH Headers through Eurocharged yesterday. Ever since my stomach has been in knots wondering whether they are going to be 'too loud' for daily driving. I still have no idea what to expect -I have never heard a car with headers in person.

I am very excited for the possible performance gains and would like the car to be louder than the current stock set up. My previous sedan had the resonator delete and that was a big improvement over stock but I could have still gone for a little bit more noise. Im hoping the Headers will help with this.

At the same time I dont want the car to be obnoxious when Im driving casually or puffing black smoke like the C63 coupe in this video.

INSANELY Loud Matte Military Green C63 AMG REVS + Lamborghini Aventador - YouTube
I am in the same boat as you. I want my c63 to be louder but not obnoxiously loud. My preference so far is Xpipe with race cats to smooth the noise and gasoline smell.
Old 08-12-2014, 01:16 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 90 Likes on 45 Posts
C63, SL55, E55, CLS55, ML63, C55
In car sound with MBH headers and tune on my C63
EDIT: the only time I've ever seen smoke was on right after install. Something doesnt seem right with that green C63 to be blowing out black smoke like that. in fact I've never seen that on properly working C63

Last edited by MBH motorsports; 08-12-2014 at 01:24 PM.
Old 08-12-2014, 01:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts
C63 AMG
Headers aren't loud if you are cursing around town. They scream when you hammer it though.

That green couple has a blower and is running rich for the blower tune, that's why the black smoke, Unburned fuel.
Old 08-12-2014, 02:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 CTS-V
MBH headers with H-pipe/no cats into stock mufflers. Cold start.

Cold start and wot are extremely loud. An X-pipe will smooth out the raspiness a bit.
Old 08-12-2014, 02:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 369 Likes on 184 Posts
C63 AMG
Get a solid aftermarket catback. I am working on a custom set of Headers for my car, but told my self I wont install it on a stock Catback.

And Mohammed's Mean C63 is a monster, Merc is correct. The tune on the Weistec blower is running the car rich. His car sounds great in the flesh. Cant really tell how it sounds from a video.