C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Interior Ambient Lighting

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2014, 08:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 C63 AMG Coupe
Interior Ambient Lighting

Has anyone installed any sort of aftermarket ambient lighting LEDs on their car? I am looking to do something similar to what is pictured below (interior is of the 2015 S-Class and 2015 C-Class). I could not find any retailers or merchants in the SoCal area that would do this either.

I looked into 3M’s Light String, but couldn’t find any users who have installed it on any online motor-vehicle forum: http://www.3m.com/product/information/Light-String.html
Any information provided is greatly appreciated. I have a few friends interested in doing this also, but we couldn't find anything.

2015 S-Class Interior First Impressions:

Attached Thumbnails Interior Ambient Lighting-2015-s-class-sedan-012-mcfo.jpg   Interior Ambient Lighting-bqasn2ecuaajk9p.jpg-large.jpg   Interior Ambient Lighting-s-class-ambient-lighting.jpg   Interior Ambient Lighting-mercedes-benz-c-class-w205_fallback_21_710x396_11-2013.jpg  
Old 08-26-2014, 12:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Sedan
That I feel would either be very costly to do right, or it just will look tacky or cheap .

At the very least, I would change out all the interior bulbs to white LEDs. I did that and made the interior feel so much better.

If you can manage to get it done well and for a reasonable price let us know. Would be interesting. I feel like the swoopy, curvy interiors of the S and C class (the new ones) fits these lighting styles more though than our interiors.