A Rare Find

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2014, 01:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
360 Modena TT
Originally Posted by deadfission
This is why you should present a VIN & Proof of Ownership to get badging.
Buying a different set of rims and putting C63 AMG on your C250 are totally different. However, with that being said. I don't think you should be able to buy AMG wheels for your C250 either. Part of the AMG naming is that your car is a *******g AMG. It diminishes the name if every 16 y/o d*ck nozzle puts AMG on his first car. If you want people to think you have an AMG then put on your working boots, get out there, make some money through you hard work and buy one. I didn't bust my *** to be able to afford a car like this to have McDonalds Joe badge up his car like mine as well.

Sure, you can tell the difference but take for example the kid who put on Quad pipes on his C250 and the AMG badging. As soon as he turned his car on and heard the 2.5L motor, I'd have slapped his 17 y/o *** into a *******g coma.
you gotta be kidding me right
Old 09-11-2014, 01:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 C63 AMG, 2011 Mini Cooper (work)
Originally Posted by BAD430BENZ
you gotta be kidding me right
Absolutely not.
Old 09-11-2014, 01:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

360 Modena TT
Absolutely not.
I'm sure you are aware that it's his car and he can do whatever wants to it right ? Where did you come up with the fact that his badging has diminished the value of your car ?
Old 09-11-2014, 01:58 PM

Don't get me wrong, I 100% understand its his car and he can do whatever he wants. It's just a lie. A bit old, brag around town lie and I don't like that. I think its an insult.

If you want the AMG name, buy an AMG. If you can't afford it, save. If you can't do that, be happy with what you have. You don't see us driving around ford focus' putting Ferrari badges on them. Even worse, here in Atlanta, is the rampant usage of Bentley badging on Chrysler 300s.

I dunno. I just hate that poser-esque mentality.
Old 09-11-2014, 03:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
507 SEDAN
And that's it. It's the fact that YOU have an ego about owning an AMG. And you want to be the douche bag that flaunts it. you drive around and you want everybody to know that you are in an AMG. That's pretty dbag of you, or else why would you care. Having a non-AMG car badged with AMG does NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING to the value of your car. ZERO!! nothing else would explain your disdain for it, other than you cruise around with your windows rolled down or half down and do extreme downshifts or blips when coming to a stop so that everyone knows you are in an AMG.

I worked long and hard for mine as well and could care less about how someone badges their car. I own and drive my car because it gives me great pleasure to sit behind the wheel and enjoy the AMG experience. I would dare say that you display "poser-esque" mentality.

But my point is a little deeper. It goes back to my first comments. You obviously believe in censorship and are not for all the wonderful liberties that we enjoy here in this country? You want to require someone to actual own an AMG and have verifiable proof to purchase a badge that costs a few dollars. You think it's "not fair" that the car it's for might not be an original AMG. It's out of your own ego that you want to restrict this type of behavior. How fascist!! Let someone do whatever they want to their own vehicle. Many of our own forum members have put BS kits on their cars. Should they have been restricted and had to of had a BS VIN in order to have done that? Are they posers? Many of our own forum members have face-lifted their cars that were pre-2010. Should they have been restricted and had to of had a face-lift VIN in order to have done that? Are they posers? Many of our own forum members...............you see where I'm going. And that's just about our cars.

We live in the g*d-dam^ USA and I vote to keep our liberties. I am all for any of the citizen's here to be able to do whatever they want to their own personal property, provided it doesn't interfere with anybody else and doesn't cause harm or mass destruction. I'm sorry that you are butthurt that you feel you can't flaunt your AMG or that your ego feels like it's not as badass as your AMG. Your car is still terrific and the only one that should matter to is you!!
Old 09-11-2014, 03:50 PM
SPONSOR

Received 69 Likes on 55 Posts
Mercedes GT55 AMG
haha
Old 09-11-2014, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by jordanaf
And that's it. It's the fact that YOU have an ego about owning an AMG. And you want to be the douche bag that flaunts it. you drive around and you want everybody to know that you are in an AMG. That's pretty dbag of you, or else why would you care. Having a non-AMG car badged with AMG does NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING to the value of your car. ZERO!! nothing else would explain your disdain for it, other than you cruise around with your windows rolled down or half down and do extreme downshifts or blips when coming to a stop so that everyone knows you are in an AMG.

I worked long and hard for mine as well and could care less about how someone badges their car. I own and drive my car because it gives me great pleasure to sit behind the wheel and enjoy the AMG experience. I would dare say that you display "poser-esque" mentality.

But my point is a little deeper. It goes back to my first comments. You obviously believe in censorship and are not for all the wonderful liberties that we enjoy here in this country? You want to require someone to actual own an AMG and have verifiable proof to purchase a badge that costs a few dollars. You think it's "not fair" that the car it's for might not be an original AMG. It's out of your own ego that you want to restrict this type of behavior. How fascist!! Let someone do whatever they want to their own vehicle. Many of our own forum members have put BS kits on their cars. Should they have been restricted and had to of had a BS VIN in order to have done that? Are they posers? Many of our own forum members have face-lifted their cars that were pre-2010. Should they have been restricted and had to of had a face-lift VIN in order to have done that? Are they posers? Many of our own forum members...............you see where I'm going. And that's just about our cars.

We live in the g*d-dam^ USA and I vote to keep our liberties. I am all for any of the citizen's here to be able to do whatever they want to their own personal property, provided it doesn't interfere with anybody else and doesn't cause harm or mass destruction. I'm sorry that you are butthurt that you feel you can't flaunt your AMG or that your ego feels like it's not as badass as your AMG. Your car is still terrific and the only one that should matter to is you!!
Alright you ****ing Walking Bowl of Anus Puss

Thanks for taking my personal OPINION and attacking me on a public forum, again for my OPINION. Very mature. I'll take this time to retort to your comments in a fashion you are quite use to.

1) You're god damn right I hammer down when I drive my AMG. Why? Because I only drive it once a week. The other 6 days I drive a high mileage Mini Cooper than makes me look like one certified gay white man. MY EGO MUST BE MASSIVE.

2) If you weren't such a liberal douchebag milkshake you would understand that I don't believe in censorship either. I have a fond hatred for LYING though.

3) My ego has nothing to do with it. It could be a car I dont own, I don't give a ****. What I do give a **** about is walking around and lying about what you own. We're adults, not ****ing highschool children.

With my points aside, and excuse my vulgar language, I again thank you for going out of your way to personally attack me and my ever inflating ego for expressing my opinion. GO AMERICA, WHERE YOU GET SHUT DOWN FOR HAVING OPINIONS OTHER THAN JORDANAF'S!

With Much Love,
Eric. The Egomaniac.
Old 09-11-2014, 05:08 PM

Received 61 Likes on 44 Posts
2013 C63
MBworld.org has become Audizine
Old 09-11-2014, 05:28 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
2018 AMG E63s
I'm just waiting for someone to explain "tape car" to me still... I'm still boggled by what I saw there...
Old 09-11-2014, 06:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 Glk350
Before I grab my popcorn and watch this fight continue I do want to say this: both of you guys make valid points. Jordanaf believes that we should have the free to do whatever we want with our personal property, which we do. If someone wants to add badges to their car they should because in the end, it's their property (like putting pink flamingos on your front lawn). On the other hand Deadfission believes that whatever you own or drive should be best represented as true and accurate and putting badges on one type of car that's specifically meant for another is a misrepersentation. I will also take his side in sayin that the AMG badge does bring a sense of pride; one can even say it's a symbol of prestigue, that we've went above and beyond the normal C-class and got the top of the line performance. But why not meet in the middle? Instead of quarreling, why not agree that both of you are correct? And to a further extent, let's give that badged-up guy the benefit of the doubt. Maybe he doesn't even know what the badges represent. He may have seen them on other cars, and just liked how they look. To him, they could be just decorations and nothing more.
Old 09-11-2014, 06:21 PM

Thank you rgray80, notice that I haven't attacked his opinion. Because I believe it is a valid one to have and I can see his side of it.
Old 09-11-2014, 06:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

360 Modena TT
Thank you rgray80, notice that I haven't attacked his opinion. Because I believe it is a valid one to have and I can see his side of it.
cuz your last post was so friendly
Old 09-12-2014, 10:41 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,404 Likes on 2,847 Posts
2012 CLS63
Don't get me wrong, I 100% understand its his car and he can do whatever he wants. It's just a lie. A bit old, brag around town lie and I don't like that. I think its an insult.

If you want the AMG name, buy an AMG. If you can't afford it, save. If you can't do that, be happy with what you have. You don't see us driving around ford focus' putting Ferrari badges on them. Even worse, here in Atlanta, is the rampant usage of Bentley badging on Chrysler 300s.

LOL, that's why so many people like those horrid 300's
I hate seeing those things! and seeing posers too
I was taking pix of a poser recently and I wonder if he thought I really liked his car
Old 09-12-2014, 10:58 AM

Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts
C63
I think it looks good.....not
Old 09-12-2014, 05:49 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2004 E55 AMG; 1991 Previa
Originally Posted by jordanaf

Alright you ****ing Walking Bowl of Anus Puss

Thanks for taking my personal OPINION and attacking me on a public forum, again for my OPINION. Very mature. I'll take this time to retort to your comments in a fashion you are quite use to.

1) You're god damn right I hammer down when I drive my AMG. Why? Because I only drive it once a week. The other 6 days I drive a high mileage Mini Cooper than makes me look like one certified gay white man. MY EGO MUST BE MASSIVE.

2) If you weren't such a liberal douchebag milkshake you would understand that I don't believe in censorship either. I have a fond hatred for LYING though.

3) My ego has nothing to do with it. It could be a car I dont own, I don't give a ****. What I do give a **** about is walking around and lying about what you own. We're adults, not ****ing highschool children.

With my points aside, and excuse my vulgar language, I again thank you for going out of your way to personally attack me and my ever inflating ego for expressing my opinion. GO AMERICA, WHERE YOU GET SHUT DOWN FOR HAVING OPINIONS OTHER THAN JORDANAF'S!

With Much Love,
Eric. The Egomaniac.
I've got a Supercharged V8 under my hood. What happens if I 'debadge' it? Who's shooting themselves first? Let posers pose man, it's life just know what you got, where you stand, and where you want to be. If you know what an AMG is, then you know getting a 'badge' won't make it right. Arguing about this **** makes everyone look bad, so let's just hug it out and bash the owner of the car.

Old 09-13-2014, 12:34 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
W205 C43, C204 C63, & Honda Fit
Seriously who cares if a C300 has a set of Quad tips and AMG badges??? IMO it's a compliment to the actual AMGs.

Am I a bad person cause I de-badged my C63 and S4? I don't give a f*** what you think, it's a free country so go kick rocks and get real. Damn, while kids like you lose sleep over some dreamer sticking badges on an inferior car, Most of us are out there making $$$$$$ to keep getting the real thing.

Your uncultivated mind is your biggest problem.
Old 09-13-2014, 07:32 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,404 Likes on 2,847 Posts
2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by OC6.3AMG
Seriously who cares if a C300 has a set of Quad tips and AMG badges??? IMO it's a compliment to the actual AMGs.

Am I a bad person cause I de-badged my C63 and S4? I don't give a f*** what you think, it's a free country so go kick rocks and get real. Damn, while kids like you lose sleep over some dreamer sticking badges on an inferior car, Most of us are out there making $$$$$$ to keep getting the real thing.

wow, you're 'ballin' now aren't you
Old 01-24-2015, 08:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 107 Likes on 75 Posts
2018 AMG GTR, 2017 GLS63, 2019 C63s
Well some of us would like to celebrate what we drive, instead of debadging what is undeniable...

...with DIAMONDS

A Rare Find-img_0389.jpg
Old 01-24-2015, 09:10 PM

2010 Glk350
Originally Posted by cyberorth
Well some of us would like to celebrate what we drive, instead of debadging what is undeniable...

...with DIAMONDS

Attachment 302774

Now I would give her (I'm hoping its a her!) the benefit of the doubt. AMG to that driver probably means something else, like maybe the initials of their child. The lettering style is totally different than the actual ///AMG badge. I'll give her a pass only because of coincidence.

But seriously whats with the license? I know you want to be unique and have your own custom plate, but spelling it with a 'Q'???
Old 01-25-2015, 03:26 AM

C 63 AMG PP
And what do you drive?
Ik hope not a C63AMG, because that's a wannabe AMG for losers who can't afford the real thing like an SLS BS. I would say to you go and work harder so you can save some extra money to trade your budget AMG for some big boys toy..... What an attitude

I have a 14 year old son who is saving money to buy any c-class he can afford as soon as he gets his licence, and then he will put on some wheels and AMG badges to make it look like his dads....... And all I can say is that I'm proud....young boys with dreams who don't think they are better than anybody else just by buying a AMG
Old 01-25-2015, 12:49 PM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
2013 C63 Coupe
Originally Posted by OC6.3AMG

The point is false representation. All the AMG badges does not make it an AMG. Period. Yes, you're free to do want you want with your car. I don't see it as a compliment, I see it as cheap imitation. The AMG experience is more than a badge or body cladding. Debadging a C63 is not a big deal either...yes, the argument doesn't go both ways... Because at the heart of it, one is a true AMG the other is not. That's as simple as it gets! You can never undo the engine of a true AMG by removing the badge. Alternatvely, you cannot add a the V8 just by sticking a badge on... Again, cheap imitation. Like a knock-off Rolex. Do what you will...
Old 01-25-2015, 12:50 PM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
2013 C63 Coupe

Im there with you! You're in ATL? I'm in PTC.
Old 01-26-2015, 04:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 794 Likes on 545 Posts
W204 C63 Coupe, W166 ML350 BlueTEC, 928GT, C5 Z06 & IS300 race cars, EQE 4Matic+ on order
It is all about ego and status. The only reason to add badges to a car is because you want others to look at it and see how rich or important you are. Sociologically, it is almost completely a nouveau riche phenomenon or a pretense thereof. These people buy their AMG cars (or put fake badges on non-AMG cars) because they mainly want to be admired and envied by others.

I, on the other hand (and for that matter most people in western Europe) don't want to attract attention to myself or stick out from the masses, hence I usually debadge my cars to make them look a little more ordinary. I get the satisfaction from driving an AMG because of the superior feat of engineering that it is, not from the envious or nowadays sometimes even hateful glances of those less fortunate than me. I previously had an argument with some idiot here over this same issue - he insisted that debadging the car was unfair to people like him because it would negatively affect his decision whether he wanted to street-race and thus possibly lose to someone with a debadged car (he is an idiot because he engaged in street racing, not because he couldn't possibly understand why anyone would want to draw less attention to himself).

So - there is no right or wrong. It's all about how much you want to stick out. Some people want to draw attention to themselves and look important while others want to blend in with the rest and don't feel like bragging about having the top-spec car in a given range. That's it.
Old 01-27-2015, 09:05 AM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
'16 CLS 63 S
I'm going to agree with Diabolis on this one. I've been debating whether I want to debadge the car when I get back to the States next year in order to draw less attention. I am concerned removing the stock emblems may hurt the resale value if I try to sell it. We all know there are many people who buy an AMG because it was the most expensive in the class (they probably don't even know about mbworld) and want to be able to advertise that to their friends and neighbors. I know I could always put new emblems on, but I'd be concerned they wouldn't get placed perfectly.

On the ORIGINAL topic, I'm guess the owner didn't spend a lot of money on the car and has done it as a joke. If you ever got the chance to ask them, they'd probably own up to the badges being fake. I remember there was another car that the owner was mad at the dealership on his car (some Japanese brand) and refused to advertise the brand anymore so he threw on Mercedes badges out of spite. One of the members here asked him about it and the guy told the story without fuss.