My Dyno run with V5 Tune - Dynojet

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2014, 08:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 C63 P30
My Dyno run with V5 Tune - Dynojet

Hi All,

Just wanted to share my recent experience with V5 tune from Eurocharged and Dynojet results from today. I put the tune on about a week ago, but never did a baseline dyno run, so I don't have a before/after comparison. I have the MyGenius device and was planning on flashing between stock and V5 tune on the dyno, but having difficulties with flashing back the stock tune which I'm currently working with Eurocharged team to fix.

After putting the V5 tune on last week, can't say I noticed a big difference right away, but then again I only owned the car for ~1k miles. The throttle blip feature was noticeable, especially when going from 3rd to 2nd gear at 35mph.

On the Dynojet, I was seeing 420-430whp with the V5 tune. This is with SAE correction on, at 4th gear. I think the range of whp was dependant on the temp of engine and cool down time in between runs. Torque was very consistent at 380ft-lbs.

My car is a 2008 C63 P30, completely stock, just the V5 tune. A 2013 P31 owner from this forum went to the exact same place to run baseline dyno a few months ago. His best run was 420whp/366wtq., SAE correct on. He did not have a V5 tune, but had a catback.

Overall, I'm happy with the tune and dyno results. Hoping to resolve the MyGenius device issue so I can flash back to stock tune and maybe do some before/after comparison. Not sure what drivetrain loss is expected to be, but at 15%, i should be in the 480-490 crank hp?

Let me know what you guys think. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails My Dyno run with V5 Tune - Dynojet-photo2.jpg   My Dyno run with V5 Tune - Dynojet-dyno.jpg  
Old 09-13-2014, 11:46 PM
ean

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63
Originally Posted by cjoy63

Overall, I'm happy with the tune and dyno results. Hoping to resolve the MyGenius device issue so I can flash back to stock tune and maybe do some before/after comparison. Not sure what drivetrain loss is expected to be, but at 15%, i should be in the 480-490 crank hp?

Let me know what you guys think. Thanks.

I'm curious. What issue did you have with the MyGenius that wouldn't allow you to flash back to stock?
Old 09-14-2014, 12:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 C63 P30
There is some security code error which doesn't allow you to flash a stock or modified tune. The eurocharged guys are chasing the mygenius guys down to get it fixed. Supposedly it happens on some cars and not on others.