C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Anyone done the Affalterbach tour or visit ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-06-2014, 06:54 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG - PP+
Anyone done the Affalterbach tour or visit ?

Im heading over to the nurburgring this Saturday 11th, to give the girl her wings and stretch her legs on some un-restricted german autobhans

I have just mailed the AMG PL team via the forum, as they offered to show me around if I was in the area.

It's around 3 hours from where I am staying, and I have done that section and a lot of it is perfect smooth speed limit free driving, so worth it for that alone, but wondered if anyone has done the trip before, and your thoughts
Old 10-06-2014, 11:12 AM

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
CLA45
I have done it, courtesy of MB. I got to tour the facilities, which, are amazing. I got to see the MB factory in singelfigen as well as the MB museum. I also had the opportunity to drive 4 different AMG models and compare it again an F10 M5 on the autobahn as well as curvy country roads. one of the best experiences I ever had.
Old 10-06-2014, 05:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 375 Likes on 335 Posts
2014 E63 AMGs, 2015 F-150 Lariat, 2010 Porsche C4S
Originally Posted by Dazzagt
Im heading over to the nurburgring this Saturday 11th, to give the girl her wings and stretch her legs on some un-restricted german autobhans

I have just mailed the AMG PL team via the forum, as they offered to show me around if I was in the area.

It's around 3 hours from where I am staying, and I have done that section and a lot of it is perfect smooth speed limit free driving, so worth it for that alone, but wondered if anyone has done the trip before, and your thoughts

I just did it in July, driving from Zurich. Was in a BMW 318d and had a few high speed stretches. The factory was cool, but not a lot to see. Did get to see the various mules including the W205 running around. Engine plant was cool. Very limited access otherwise.

Next day I went to the Mercedes Museum, and it was awesome! Not to be missed when so close to the factory.

Regards,

Joe