Sponsored by:

new to forum and ownership!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-06-2014, 05:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 C63 & 2018 GLE63
new to forum and ownership!

hey everyone, i've been lurking for a few days and just pulled the trigger on creating an account after purchasing my first vehicle, which happens to be a 2010 C63 sedan, this past saturday.

i just wanted to say hello to y'all, am looking forward to this ownership, and hope to learn heaps of info from everyone. i'm still amassing plans on what to do with this vehicle and am completely open for suggestions, but will not be making any moves until things settle down a bit for me with my onslaught of personal projects.

here's a quick pic of the new lady that's been named, charlotte. thanks beforehand for stopping by and hope to get to know everyone!

Attachment 445796
Old 10-06-2014, 05:36 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 C63 AW
Welcome brother!

You'll love your new monster. Mighty fine choice in color there. Some tips

1. Check your oil level; it tends to burn a bit here and there. Completely normal.
2. 5w40 oil helps keep the lifters quiet. If it hasn't been switched over, might be something to think about on the next oil change
3. Occasional interior rattle is normal when seasons change.
4. Extended warranties are worth their weight in gold. If you plan on keeping her for a long time, plunk the $3500-4500 down when it comes time to re-up the warranty and just consider it the cost of ownership.
5. Don't be afraid of aftermarket brake pads and rotors. Brake jobs are expensive and the cost can be mitigated by using a good indie shop and aftermarket parts
6. Buy stock in your favorite brand tire company. That way when you are ticked about replacing rears after 8K miles, you'll be reinvesting in your portfolio.

Happy driving and traction control is your bestest friend.
Old 10-06-2014, 05:48 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
G63, C190 AMG GTC, W209 CLK63 BS, W208 CLK430
Excellent choice. When you get bored of it, let us know and we will get you some upgrades to make it fun again.
Old 10-06-2014, 06:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 C63 & 2018 GLE63
Originally Posted by -Marlin-
Welcome brother!

You'll love your new monster. Mighty fine choice in color there. Some tips

1. Check your oil level; it tends to burn a bit here and there. Completely normal.
2. 5w40 oil helps keep the lifters quiet. If it hasn't been switched over, might be something to think about on the next oil change
3. Occasional interior rattle is normal when seasons change.
4. Extended warranties are worth their weight in gold. If you plan on keeping her for a long time, plunk the $3500-4500 down when it comes time to re-up the warranty and just consider it the cost of ownership.
5. Don't be afraid of aftermarket brake pads and rotors. Brake jobs are expensive and the cost can be mitigated by using a good indie shop and aftermarket parts
6. Buy stock in your favorite brand tire company. That way when you are ticked about replacing rears after 8K miles, you'll be reinvesting in your portfolio.

Happy driving and traction control is your bestest friend.
1) i got everything, including the oil, checked during the PPI by an independent shop that specializes in european motors. so i'd like to think i'm good here.
2) i'll keep that in mind
3) my previous vehicle that served me all through high school, college, and well into my career possessed the same characteristic.
4) i got an awesome warranty for 3 years/36k miles when i was purchasing the vehicle at a great price, well below what i expected and covers the drivetrain and more.
5) lol!