MBWorld God!

Received 3,355 Likes on 2,809 Posts
2012 CLS63
507!!
Old 11-14-2014, 09:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML350, e92 335i
Originally Posted by ab0bab0i
Why aren't you waiting for the W205 C63 or going for the new M3/M4?
the W205 is something i might consider.. but i kind of want a change from bmw. also im not a huge fan of the M3/4 for a number of reasons.
- they moved to a TC 6 cylinder (which i already have and plan to keep) + (horrible sound)
- too many ppl have them here (mostly kids in their early-mid 20s who have received them as gifts from their parents)
- service at bmw dealerships here hasnt been that great
Old 11-14-2014, 11:58 AM

Ford Truck, 2014 C63 AMG 507
Originally Posted by abhishriv
the W205 is something i might consider.. but i kind of want a change from bmw. also im not a huge fan of the M3/4 for a number of reasons.
- they moved to a TC 6 cylinder (which i already have and plan to keep) + (horrible sound)
- too many ppl have them here (mostly kids in their early-mid 20s who have received them as gifts from their parents)
- service at bmw dealerships here hasnt been that great

The onlt W205 available for the 2015 model year will be the sedan.
If you want a coupe it'll be a W204 until the 2016 model year.

FWIW, I went through the same situation in June this year. Looked at the BMW M's and Audi RS's along with the W204.
I knew the M's and RS's are better track cars but in truth I've not been on a track for years and may never in the W204.

Once I drove a C63 I ws really hooked. The same dealer had a 507 on the second floor of the showroom and it could not be driven since the car elevator was down for service.
Did allot of reading and research and purchased the 507.
Really like the car. It drives well and compared to the std (if you can call it that) C63 its feels much more lively. The 507 suspension seems more firm but that may be ue to the 19-inch wheel and tires.
Handling is very good. I compare this to a Audi TT I had prior.

The engine is very strong. With traction control off driving at 25 mph and manually downshifting and giving full throttle will light the rears up.

My only complaint, and not really a complaint is the speed of manual upshifting. The upshift has a slight delay between the pull of the (+) handle and actual upshift. Manual downshifts are pretty fast.
The actual gear change is very quick.

Around home I mostly use the S+ mode. It revs out high before shifting and shifts very fast. You can then downshift as you like or use the rev matching that the S+ provides.

I have no children so its just me or me and my wife. If I had children the sedan woudl be a better choice.
Old 11-17-2014, 10:21 AM

ML350, e92 335i
Originally Posted by odonnks
The onlt W205 available for the 2015 model year will be the sedan.
If you want a coupe it'll be a W204 until the 2016 model year.

FWIW, I went through the same situation in June this year. Looked at the BMW M's and Audi RS's along with the W204.
I knew the M's and RS's are better track cars but in truth I've not been on a track for years and may never in the W204.

Once I drove a C63 I ws really hooked. The same dealer had a 507 on the second floor of the showroom and it could not be driven since the car elevator was down for service.
Did allot of reading and research and purchased the 507.
Really like the car. It drives well and compared to the std (if you can call it that) C63 its feels much more lively. The 507 suspension seems more firm but that may be ue to the 19-inch wheel and tires.
Handling is very good. I compare this to a Audi TT I had prior.

The engine is very strong. With traction control off driving at 25 mph and manually downshifting and giving full throttle will light the rears up.

My only complaint, and not really a complaint is the speed of manual upshifting. The upshift has a slight delay between the pull of the (+) handle and actual upshift. Manual downshifts are pretty fast.
The actual gear change is very quick.

Around home I mostly use the S+ mode. It revs out high before shifting and shifts very fast. You can then downshift as you like or use the rev matching that the S+ provides.

I have no children so its just me or me and my wife. If I had children the sedan woudl be a better choice.
Thanks for the input! that really helps a lot! did you drive the e63 too by any chance? my friend just gave me another option the other day saying to wait for a year and seee how the w205 c63 is and compare it to a e63 4matic. the thing that keeps pulling me towards the e63 would be 4matic whcih is a real plus here in toronto. guess i just have to go and drive soem cars soon
Old 11-18-2014, 09:45 AM

Ford Truck, 2014 C63 AMG 507
Originally Posted by abhishriv
Thanks for the input! that really helps a lot! did you drive the e63 too by any chance? my friend just gave me another option the other day saying to wait for a year and seee how the w205 c63 is and compare it to a e63 4matic. the thing that keeps pulling me towards the e63 would be 4matic whcih is a real plus here in toronto. guess i just have to go and drive soem cars soon
I looked at but did not drive a e63. For me it was the M156 engine in the c63 that had be on the hook and even more so when learning that it will no longer be available after 2015.

Living in a 'snow heavy' area I agree you may want to consider a model with 4-matic. I do wish the c63 w available with this but my car will be garaged all winter mostly because I'm supplied with a AWD company vehicle and use the c62 for weekend nice weather drives.

I also liked the sportier look of the c but may see myself in a e sometime in the future.