Of Nitwits and Lunkheads

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-16-2014, 08:34 PM

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts
2022 4 Runner Pro, supercharged and lifted Lime Rush, 2018 E63s wagon Edition 1
Of Nitwits and Lunkheads

Hi all,
Have any of you had issues with VW whatever, Hondas and such that want to "show you up"? For a while, no one would mess with me and now it seems that every slammed or fart can wants to have a go. I do not encourage them but I do take them off the line just because the AMG does this normally without even trying to race anyone. These fools will then accelerate to speeds that are far beyond the posted limit and in areas that have hospitals and fire stations. In one instance this last Saturday, this lunkhead blew past me at about 80 with a CHP station on the street. I guess I am just amazed at how stupid some people are as to how they endanger others and at their ignorance as to what they are messing with. Sorry for the rant but it is just starting to really bother me.
Old 11-16-2014, 08:53 PM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
C63 AMG
I like to rev the engine, grip the wheel, clench my jaw and 'lean into it'
Glancing over at them with grim determination & steely glare
When the light changes they bolt off like a scalded ape with its *** on fire wearing spiked rebocks
I just sit there and ease off normally
They get a kill story and I get a good chuckle
At the next light they are less eager lol

Don't take the bait and be a nitwit or lunkhead
Old 11-17-2014, 01:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 53 Posts
C63 AMG P30 *EuroCharged*| Porsche Cayenne | Buell XB9SX
haha, I used to get a lot of SUV's that wanted to race me. and not "special" SUV's like cayenne turbos or srt8's. just regular old v8 SUV's. I have never taken the bait, however. I don't really see the point in drag racing, especially on public streets. I guess I'm a formula car road racing snob, rofl.
Old 11-17-2014, 07:40 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 C63 AW
VW's and BMW X5 owners. X5 owners are always trying to get a rise out of me as if to justify their constant regret in buying an SUV over a sports car. X5 owners clearly have wives that wear the pants since they couldn't nut up and buy what they wanted.
Old 11-17-2014, 12:01 PM

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
2010 C63 P31
Here its the Teslas! They dont make any noise so I just get in front of them and downshift so they get to hear an actual engine!
Old 11-17-2014, 12:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Sedan
Originally Posted by QuartzBlueP31
Here its the Teslas! They dont make any noise so I just get in front of them and downshift so they get to hear an actual engine!
Same here! Was coming home late last night about a month ago, no one on the roads where I live and a Tesla pulls up to me, I normally drive a little faster so from one stoplight to the other I noticed he was right with me even though we weren't racing. So on the next stoplight I had a feeling he was going to gun it so I did too, left him behind me and we just passed underneath a freeway at the end so I dropped it to neutral and gave him a good listen to what an engine should sound like.
Old 11-17-2014, 01:47 PM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
C63 AMG