C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

MBH too busy to respond to customers?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-19-2014, 07:47 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 Mercedes C63
MBH too busy to respond to customers?

So I wanted to share my “awesome” experience with this company. It’s been about three weeks since I sent my first initial email to MBH Motorsports regarding some questions I had about pricing and approximate wait time for a set of LT headers/mid-pipes for my C63. A week had passed and had not received a reply to my email yet. I went ahead and sent another email, thinking that maybe whoever was handling sales/emails might have possibly over looked my email.

I sent a second email, and received a prompt reply and was asked “How much did I quote you last time?” I told him that I was never given a price nor did I receive any type of response to my email. Three more weeks pass and still nothing. I sent 2 additional emails and made a few calls to the shop and of course, no one answer the phone. I'm not sure if it’s just me that's has experienced this quality of service for MBH but as a business owner myself, I can tell you that ignoring people who are interested in your product, can’t possibly be good for any business. I honestly would like to know other peoples experience with them.

On a brighter note, I decided to go through MHP to buy my headers and would like to thank Michael @ MHP for answering all my questions about their products and helping me processes my order. It literally took no more than an hour for Michael to respond to my email, answer all the questions I had and finalize my order. Thanks again Michael! Can’t wait to get these installed with my blower.
Old 11-19-2014, 08:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
12 C63 Coupe
If you look at his last post he clearly stated that he was getting married and will be unavailable for pretty much all of November.
Old 11-19-2014, 09:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
2010 C63 AMG, 2009 ISF , 2002 L-Tuned IS300, 2011 ML350
Yup, Mike is on his honeymoon for the whole month... and did told us about taking care of business only on his return.

Congrats on your MHP headers, but sometimes patient does pay off. (do a search on MHP lol)
Old 11-19-2014, 10:10 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 c63 coupe
A quick search of this board you would see Mike is enjoying his honeymoon and work would be put aside.

Should have searched the forum, these MBH headers are amazing
Old 11-19-2014, 10:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I find it strange that someone who is about to spend 3k$ didn't search before bashing a company... Lol
Old 11-19-2014, 11:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts
C63 AMG
Guy leaves for a month and just leaves his business with a note on MBworld, no answering machine or automatic email reply?

I had the same experience with mbh, I wanted to try his headers, he wouldn't even reply to me..
Old 11-19-2014, 12:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 53 Posts
C63 AMG P30 *EuroCharged*| Porsche Cayenne | Buell XB9SX
Originally Posted by Roswell
I find it strange that someone who is about to spend 3k$ didn't search before bashing a company... Lol
I don't find this strange at all, unfortunately. people never search before asking the same questions over and over and over all the time. but hey, this forum would probably be completely dead otherwise. lol.
Old 11-19-2014, 12:04 PM

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
2010 C63 P31
Originally Posted by Merc63
Guy leaves for a month and just leaves his business with a note on MBworld, no answering machine or automatic email reply?

I had the same experience with mbh, I wanted to try his headers, he wouldn't even reply to me..
He is getting Married and on his honeymoon give the guy a break.

Maybe he did reply to you? Kind of sounds like my experience with a guy parting out his C63, wants to sell parts but never responds!!
Old 11-19-2014, 12:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts
'20 GLC300 SUV
#1) Mike did mention, on this board, that he would be unavailable for quite some time due to the reason stated above.

#2) Not everyone stalks this board every 7 minutes like a crazy ex combing over her ex's Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter accounts.

Sure, OP could have done some research.

That said, whenever I am taking time off, I set up an automatic reply email that lets my clients know why I am not responding and when I'll be back.

My 2 cents. Not that anyone asked for it lol.
Old 11-19-2014, 12:57 PM

2008 Mercedes C63
Originally Posted by itzjonjon69
If you look at his last post he clearly stated that he was getting married and will be unavailable for pretty much all of November.
Yup, Mike is on his honeymoon for the whole month... and did told us about taking care of business only on his return.

Congrats on your MHP headers, but sometimes patient does pay off. (do a search on MHP lol)
Originally Posted by Swrbxxx
A quick search of this board you would see Mike is enjoying his honeymoon and work would be put aside.

Should have searched the forum, these MBH headers are amazing
Thanks guys but I don't see why I, as a consumer, would need to go digging around to see why my messages were not getting replied to from a company I want to buy something from. The first place I would think to look would be on the website (which later did said answering emails only, no phone calls). Don’t get me wrong, I completely understand that’s he’s on his honeymoon because I know if it was me, work would be the last thing on my mind.

When I received that 1 email back from him, he could have mentioned something about him leaving town. I also talked to dyno-comp which I’m not sure if they are part of the same company or not. I told him how I've been trying to get a hold of MBH to order some headers but they didn't mention and thing about him being out of town for a honeymoon either. Instead I was told that they have also got complaints about people ordering headers directly from the MBH site and would call them 3 months later asking where are their headers where?
Old 11-19-2014, 12:58 PM

2008 Mercedes C63

My thoughts exactly.
Old 11-19-2014, 01:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by QuartzBlueP31

Maybe he did reply to you? Kind of sounds like my experience with a guy parting out his C63, wants to sell parts but never responds!!
DAMN! I enjoy a good slam, and that was GOOD, and very true!! LMAO!
Old 11-19-2014, 01:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG
You gotta understand man, these suppliers aren't set up like Advance Auto Parts. Most of them are one man bands that run everything themselves or have a very small business where selling on forums is second to their daily business.
Regardless, you're right, one should not have to search around to find out why your messages aren't getting answered. Mike should def have an away message.
Dude will be back, order them up then if you don't find what your looking for elsewhere in the meantime.

Happy Modding!
Old 11-19-2014, 01:12 PM

2008 Mercedes C63
Originally Posted by Autosport7
You gotta understand man, these suppliers aren't set up like Advance Auto Parts. Most of them are one man bands that run everything themselves or have a very small business where selling on forums is second to their daily business.
Regardless, you're right, one should not have to search around to find out why your messages aren't getting answered. Mike should def have an away message.
Dude will be back, order them up then if you don't find what your looking for elsewhere in the meantime.

Happy Modding!
Yeah I figured he was running this solo, which props to him and grats on getting married. I just purchased my C63 a few months ago so i'm still new to all the companies and forum. It is what it is though and I already placed my order with MHP and should be getting them within 5 days or so.
Old 11-19-2014, 01:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,574 Likes on 927 Posts
2010 C63 AMG
Lesson learned for said business owner, set an OOO reply and update your VM greeting.

Problem solved...
Old 11-19-2014, 01:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
'12 C63 Black Series, '12 ML350 BlueTech
Another thread that will end up into trash.
I'm really surprised by both parties on this one though. MBH for not properly put its business in honeymoon mode and OP for not doing a little bit of homework before exposing the whole story. That was a little bit quick to discredit a company particularly when you've been on the forum for such a short time period.
Either way congrats on the MHP headers. These 2 products have proven great gains. Now if I'm not wrong some members have reported improved performance on blower associated with MBH headers.
Old 11-19-2014, 01:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I agree with everyone on the automated reply emails or phone calls.. MBH will have to learn from this as he lost one customer while away.

But on the other hand, I still think if OP found the time to post this thread he could have just did a bit of searching & avoid the drama.
Old 11-19-2014, 02:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 846 Likes on 594 Posts
E63S | X5
I bet that if Pnutz is patient and understanding of the situation, MBH will probably give you some sort of discount or priority. Mike is a great guy, and is human. Obviously the system in place while he is gone isn't sufficient, but at the end of the day MBH makes a quality product that you would want in your car.

Again, maybe it was a swing and a miss on the first go, but email him, give it a couple days, and I'm sure you'll be treated as you want to be.
Old 11-19-2014, 02:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG

If I didn't reply you're probably one of those guys trying to buy a part that is brand new $50 and you want me to run around getting shopping quotes, wrapping it up and drop off at post office for a $15 offer lol. Either that, or I don't have the part.
Old 11-19-2014, 05:06 PM

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
2010 C63 P31
If I didn't reply you're probably one of those guys trying to buy a part that is brand new $50 and you want me to run around getting shopping quotes, wrapping it up and drop off at post office for a $15 offer lol. Either that, or I don't have the part.
Last reply from me was I will take them if the mounting tabs ere not broken, Last reply from you: OK let me check!!
I agreed to you asking price just wanted pics and to be sure all pieces were there!!
Old 11-19-2014, 05:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,574 Likes on 927 Posts
2010 C63 AMG

Last reply from me was I will take them if the mounting tabs ere not broken, Last reply from you: OK let me check!!
I agreed to you asking price just wanted pics and to be sure all pieces were there!!
Old 11-19-2014, 06:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
Honestly, the car industry and mostly the aftermarket industry is a very hit or miss type of business. Lots of shiftiness, no customer service and rarely the truth when selling the product.

I have dealt with vendors here also where you are requesting a service or a part or more info and they could care less about remembering to get back to you.
Here you are wanting to spend money and potentially refer people and they don't even remember to call you or take that extra step...in fact I too am waiting on a call back to provide me a service and no call for 2 days now when they promised to "call you right back with more info, an appointment and pricing".

Although a reasonable amount of patience is expected, your overall treatment should be an indication to service and the quality of good being sold to you.
Old 11-19-2014, 06:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Oh yes I thought I replied, a piece or two of one door is missing when I sold the panel I didn't take them all off unfortunately.
Old 11-19-2014, 08:38 PM

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
2010 C63 AMG FBO, 2014 E63 AMG S
I emailed MBH last year inquiring about there headers. To this day I still haven't received a response from them. To the OP beware of MHP, there customer service isn't the greatest.
Old 11-20-2014, 01:33 AM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
2017 C63S coupe '09 C63, '15 Durango RT, '14 Jeep SRT8
When I had my car up for sale earlier this year, the guy asked me if I could take a picture of the headbolts for him so he could "see" if they were damaged. Thats why I don't try selling it myself anymore. When its time I'll just take it to the dealership and trade it in!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MBH too busy to respond to customers?